Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I have finally figured out what the problem is with our BUCK recruiting!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

“We tell everybody they’re going to play BUCK for us” - 2017 narrative

“We barely offer anyone at BUCK” -2018 narrative

2019 narrative will be special!!

2019 Narrative: "Look kid, I'll give you 100 bucks to come play for us."
  • Options

We offer very few BUCK/OLB’s per year. Look at the scholarship offers, it’s Trice, Latu and Tuputala, of which we’re batting 1/3. What other guys have offers?

And finding a guy who can play BUCK, DE and OLB with essentially equal effectiveness is significantly more difficult than finding a corner or nose tackle (literally 100’s of thousands of players to choose from). Very few high schools are likely to run a sophisticated defense that would have a BUCK-type player, so kids rarely train themselves for it or play it live, so you have to project the player’s body and skill development more, an OLB to the body type and pass rushing or a DE to be able to drop in coverage. Nearly every school has a NT-type position, and all have CB’s, so guys are groomed for those roles.

CB and NT bodies are not nearly as hard to find. Elite ones, arguably, but they’re far more common than elite pass rusher bodies. That body type is just not the norm.

I don't agree with this at all based on experience. Ten years ago, sure, you are correct. Every team that runs a 3-4, 4-2-5, and a stack has an "overhang" at the high school level now. In a 10 game season 8 teams will have one.

Kenny Rowe is by far the best Buck type player the Ducks have had, but once Dion Jordan existed everyone wanted one. I still think he is the most successful one going #3 overall, then Washington followed him, then Prevot, now Hollins, and DJ Johnson will follow.

I don't think there are a lot of those spider looking freaks out there and Oregon has probably been the most successful getting them and that's probably because they cam just show a kid what it looks like on film at their program like Bama with big running backs.

UW could easily find a Kenny Rowe type that is built like a brick shit house, can run, and plays with a super high motor. That even fits the OKG nonsense.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

“We tell everybody they’re going to play BUCK for us” - 2017 narrative

“We barely offer anyone at BUCK” -2018 narrative

2019 narrative will be special!!

2019 Narrative: "Look kid, I'll give you 100 bucks to come play for us."
    I've spent more then that to get a kid to join my nephews little league team.
  • Options
    SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362

This video of a legit BUCK next to regular humans has been cracking me up for months. Are these people really the same species?

This is this for reference. https://247sports.com/Player/Zach-Harrison-46035767/
    He might win the fucking state in the 100m while being the biggest strongest human as well
    cant believe how unfair life is
    buck is the most genetics position on the entire field and its why okg philosophy will continue to fail horribly there
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Mosster47 said:

We offer very few BUCK/OLB’s per year. Look at the scholarship offers, it’s Trice, Latu and Tuputala, of which we’re batting 1/3. What other guys have offers?

And finding a guy who can play BUCK, DE and OLB with essentially equal effectiveness is significantly more difficult than finding a corner or nose tackle (literally 100’s of thousands of players to choose from). Very few high schools are likely to run a sophisticated defense that would have a BUCK-type player, so kids rarely train themselves for it or play it live, so you have to project the player’s body and skill development more, an OLB to the body type and pass rushing or a DE to be able to drop in coverage. Nearly every school has a NT-type position, and all have CB’s, so guys are groomed for those roles.

CB and NT bodies are not nearly as hard to find. Elite ones, arguably, but they’re far more common than elite pass rusher bodies. That body type is just not the norm.

I don't agree with this at all based on experience. Ten years ago, sure, you are correct. Every team that runs a 3-4, 4-2-5, and a stack has an "overhang" at the high school level now. In a 10 game season 8 teams will have one.

Kenny Rowe is by far the best Buck type player the Ducks have had, but once Dion Jordan existed everyone wanted one. I still think he is the most successful one going #3 overall, then Washington followed him, then Prevot, now Hollins, and DJ Johnson will follow.

I don't think there are a lot of those spider looking freaks out there and Oregon has probably been the most successful getting them and that's probably because they cam just show a kid what it looks like on film at their program like Bama with big running backs.

UW could easily find a Kenny Rowe type that is built like a brick shit house, can run, and plays with a super high motor. That even fits the OKG nonsense.
    Bama’s defensive ends say hi!
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,945
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ok, I can dig this but the only solution that comes to mind is doing exactly what Pete won’t do, what whoregon does, and offer every 4-5 ⭐️ Buck prospect.
    I’m going to pretend I know how Pete thinks and I do the same thing when I’m recruiting sales people. I live in the armpit of FL and no one with real sales chops wants to live here. I’m not going to find the perfect sales rep much as Pete knows kwat sux at recruiting this position and they aren’t going to land the perfect recruit. As such, I find people who I can work with who are strong in my areas of weakness and weak in areas of my strengths. Essentially OKG’s who possess at least one of the multitude of skills needed to perform.
    Fuck... if we could just get one mutha fucker to terrorize the Qb’s in ‘19. Secondary is lights out but few (1 or 2) turnovers because of no edge rush and occasional interior pressure. I want to see more blitzes
    Thinking only MORE winning (cfp) appearance fixes this as we know Pete’s loyal to a fault. Guess we’ll see.

How is the door to door book sales these days?
    Well, your wife bought a copy of kauma sutra after I showed her how page 17 & 42 work (you’re welcome) I’d say things are great! 👍
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

You fucks can’t tell that’s dawgman doog bullshit?

I knew it from the beginning.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    This is horseshit. What we need is to fucking recruit fast strategy dudes because they're the good BUCKs. End of fucking story.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

You fucks can’t tell that’s dawgman doog bullshit?

Some of us haven’t read Doognan in years
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,236
    Founders Club
    Move Hunter Bryant to BUCK.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,945
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Solution: cort dennison replaces kwat. Not sure if he can coach but he can recruit apparently
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye you live the closest to her.

Statistically the native dick is bigger than the black.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

Bama’s defensive ends say hi!
    One of Bama's 5* DE's played for us. He is 6'7" 280lbs right now. That's not a buck/overhang type. That's a 4i or 5 rush end. They play a different style than Oregon and UW, which they should. They get NFL players at every spot.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Does Petersen even know it’s a fucking problem? Sometimes I wonder.