Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Another Army of Doogs update

Army of Dawgs
November 18
Cyler Miles will be getting the start on saturday. Eerie deja vu from the last time we played down there. The difference, and this is a big one, sark loses this game in any fashion and he should be let go. He has to win out the rest of the way to keep his job IMO. Maybe use Miles' legs a little more? HAS TO WIN SATURDAY THERE IS NO IF ANDS OR BUTTS. I think most of us said in the begining of the season that 8 wins was mandatory (not including bowl). If we dont win this game youll be beering me a lot but replace woof with cries of agony. thats not a sexy hashtag.

Army of Dawgs I am not a fan of the idea of firing him just to fire him, i dont want another up and coming coordinator. Sark has done a great job bringing us out of the cellar but hes obviously stalled. They have to bring in an established big name. Id love to see Peterson of boise on the sidelines. I know he has a hard on for BSU but he has to be thinking hes hit his ceiling there. What coach has done more with so little? I know they play in a weak ass division but up until this year when they had to play a big school they won. Itd be fun to see what he could do with this roster. Gary Pinkel is another great choice, he really perked my interest after the DJ memorial.
I will say this though, if we do keep Sark one more year, he absolutely has to bring in an all new offensive staff (minus Tui I obviously love him which i think is required by law?) but especially OL coach.
I know theres a certain group of fans that would sell their mothers to bring Mora up here, I do not think thats the right move, but if that does happen I will stand behind him until he shows hes not the man for the job.
Anyway you look at it Sark put himself in a situation where he needed to win x amount of games this year he has to win out to keep a lot of fans at ease. Im really not that happy if they only win 8 this, I think thats a disappointment with this seasoned roster. I do like the offense that sark installed this year I think its great and fun to watch, but with lack of progression in pass protect you can shoot yourself in the foot right away cough ASU cough. I may be one of the only few that do not put the UCLA loss solely on sark, those two fumbles right off the bat just killed us then we battled back and had to start a QB whos never had a meaningful snap in his career and only lost by ten on the road to the #12 team in the country. But as we all know good efforts do not count, especially in year 5. well that bad bad 4th and 2 you can put on sark that was a gutsy ass call that didnt work out so he looks foolish like all gutsy calls. This has been a frustrating season because we are not amounting to what this team should be doing. Im tired of saying well, next year this team is going be damn good.
I think all Husky fans are on the same page with changes do need to be made, however what the changes are absolutely differ. Oooh boy ive been wanting to say this for a while. I dont know if i even answered your question.
November 18 at 1:46pm · 1

WOW! I think even the Army of Doogs is coming around. They are still wrong, and their choices to replace Sark are fucking terrible. Their anti Mora stance screams of being butt hurt still. However, I'm glad they are saying if Sark loses this Saturday he should be fired. Too bad if he loses they'll have an excuse as to keep him as that is what Doogs always do.

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
  • He started to AuburnDoog back track though if you read all that. Stating that Sark needs to bring in a whole new offensive staff.

Guarantee if UW loses closely to Oregon State he'll give Sark "one more chance".
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    enter JohnB to set him straight. #Bark4Sark
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    For anyone wondering just how stupid it is to demand a "proven" head coach, just look at who agrees with you.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013
    The problem with Army of Doogs is they won't actually want Sark gone if he loses. If he beats WSU and blows out a shitty team in the bowl, they will get pumped for next season and forget all about saying they wanted Sark gone.

I don't know how anyone could be against hiring Mora. The only other reasonable candidate I could think of that is comparable to Mora is DeRuyter, but I would take Mora first because he's a proven great recruiter. It's hard to get guys to take lateral (at best) moves in college football, especially when that coach is riding high and has no reason to hightail it out of town. Mora is a big name who would be a big time hire. It would make teams around the country take notice.
  • For anyone wondering just how stupid it is to demand a "proven" head coach, just look at who agrees with you.

Depends on what the definition of "proven" is. Also depends on who the assistant coach who has no head coaching experience is as well.

I try to view each individual coach by themselves myself.

If I had to choose between a proven winner and an unknown I'll take the proven winner.

However I would much rather them hire a coordinator than Tyrone Willingham or back when Sark was hired a Pat Hill.
  • The problem with Army of Doogs is they won't actually want Sark gone if he loses. If he beats WSU and blows out a shitty team in the bowl, they will get pumped for next season and forget all about saying they wanted Sark gone.

I don't know how anyone could be against hiring Mora. The only other reasonable candidate I could think of that is comparable to Mora is DeRuyter, but I would take Mora first because he's a proven great recruiter. It's hard to get guys to take lateral (at best) moves in college football, especially when that coach is riding high and has no reason to hightail it out of town. Mora is a big name who would be a big time hire. It would make teams around the country take notice.

Not that this is the be all end all reason to hire someone but the Mora hire would make UW football a hot ticket again.

It hasn't been a hot ticket since the Neuheisel days. Even the final game in Husky Stadium history against the Oregon Ducks you could buy 100 level tickets at the stadium as the game wasn't sold out. You are telling me if UW had a better team that would ever happen? Nope.

I don't think DeRuyter would create as big of a buzz but I imagine the knowledgable football fans would be concerned that UW just snatched up a good coach. Last year I wanted them to fire Sark after the apple cup and hire Anderson from Utah State. He's doing quite well in year one at Wisconsin I see as he's 8-2(one was a pretty bullshit loss to a ranked ASU on the road).
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    if we gave tim deruyter a call today he would agree to the job. And I might get chastised for saying this but I'd rather have Deruyter today than to wait to call mora and risk losing out on them all.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159
    Come Sunday morning after a loss we'll see if this sticks. I'm doubtful. I have s feeling the excise train will be leaving the station
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
    If UW kicks Sarkisian to the curb after the probable loss in Corvallis and then hires DeRuyter, Chris Peterson, Mike Holmgren, or Jim Tressel, I will be more than happy to pony up for the DJC or a Patio Suite.

Unlike Doogs, I'm always willing to put my money where my mouth is.
  • Mike Holmgren? The game has passed him by. Is that a real option that people are coming up with? Chris Peterson wouldn't come here and I think he's jump the shark anyways.

I would try to land DeRuyter myself. Mora would be the homerun but most likely he'll say no as he's building something special down there. While USC appears to want to land the big fish so better land DeRuyter now before someone else snatches him up.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650

Mike Holmgren? The game has passed him by. Is that a real option that people are coming up with? Chris Peterson wouldn't come here and I think he's jump the shark anyways.

I would try to land DeRuyter myself. Mora would be the homerun but most likely he'll say no as he's building something special down there. While USC appears to want to land the big fish so better land DeRuyter now before someone else snatches him up.

I'm hearing Chuck Knox is available

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650

dnc said:

Mike Holmgren? The game has passed him by. Is that a real option that people are coming up with? Chris Peterson wouldn't come here and I think he's jump the shark anyways.

I'm hearing Chuck Knox is available

Fuck let's just pull a weekend at Bernie's and name Don James coach. I'd still take a dead Don James on the sidelines over our past three head coaches.
    As long as we keep cancer off the schedule, I'm for it.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,502
    HFNY said:

If UW kicks Sarkisian to the curb after the probable loss in Corvallis and then hires DeRuyter, Chris Peterson, Mike Holmgren, or Jim Tressel, I will be more than happy to pony up for the DJC or a Patio Suite.

Unlike Doogs, I'm always willing to put my money where my mouth is.

Jim Tressel's W-L results speak for themself, but he has a show-cause penalty until December 19, 2016, that will likely keep him out of coaching. And UW's bullshit, PC culture probably wouldn't even consider a coach with his baggage.

• Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    Meek said:

enter JohnB to set him straight. #Bark4Sark #BEERMEWHILEIWOOF

FTFY

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
    Whoa, never mind. He's 65 when I thought he was 59 or 60...strike that suggestion for the court records please!

I am now going to pray at the pillar of mediocrity, Sloppy Seven Win Steve, as punishment.

BRB and might JO.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,502
    dhdawg said:

if we gave tim deruyter a call today he would agree to the job. And I might get chastised for saying this but I'd rather have Deruyter today than to wait to call mora and risk losing out on them all.

Agreed, but time is a wastin'...

http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/11/19/3620216/fresno-state-lining-up-extension.html

• dhdawg said:

Agreed, but time is a wastin'...

http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/11/19/3620216/fresno-state-lining-up-extension.html

He'd be an idiot to sign an extension now when some big school is going to snatch him up. I wish we had a good A.D. who could be doing some things behind the scenes like talking to DeRuyter to set it up.

How Hedges went behind Lambo's back heading into that bowl game to talk with Slick Rick was pretty amazing. For those who don't remember at the Hawaii bowl Rick was busy defeating Oregon in the famous "Scoreboard baby!" then UW was after that game.

I remember Rick stayed to watch our game and the commentator interviewed him and he claimed because they were playing UW the following year. I bet Hedges had set the motions already and he was just watching what he could possibly inherit.
  • WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    Beer me while I Bark4Sark