Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Another Army of Doogs update

2»

Comments

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

The problem with Army of Doogs is they won't actually want Sark gone if he loses. If he beats WSU and blows out a shitty team in the bowl, they will get pumped for next season and forget all about saying they wanted Sark gone.

I don't know how anyone could be against hiring Mora. The only other reasonable candidate I could think of that is comparable to Mora is DeRuyter, but I would take Mora first because he's a proven great recruiter. It's hard to get guys to take lateral (at best) moves in college football, especially when that coach is riding high and has no reason to hightail it out of town. Mora is a big name who would be a big time hire. It would make teams around the country take notice.

Babs did it and everyone here says she's a POS AD
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

dhdawg said:

if we gave tim deruyter a call today he would agree to the job. And I might get chastised for saying this but I'd rather have Deruyter today than to wait to call mora and risk losing out on them all.

Agreed, but time is a wastin'...

http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/11/19/3620216/fresno-state-lining-up-extension.html

He'd be an idiot to sign an extension now when some big school is going to snatch him up. I wish we had a good A.D. who could be doing some things behind the scenes like talking to DeRuyter to set it up.

How Hedges went behind Lambo's back heading into that bowl game to talk with Slick Rick was pretty amazing. For those who don't remember at the Hawaii bowl Rick was busy defeating Oregon in the famous "Scoreboard baby!" then UW was after that game.

I remember Rick stayed to watch our game and the commentator interviewed him and he claimed because they were playing UW the following year. I bet Hedges had set the motions already and he was just watching what he could possibly inherit.

Fuck....I'm too busy to readl all the poasts here before responding.

Anyway, that wasn't the Scoreboard baby game. That was a couple years earlier in Dallas. Colorado was up big and Oregon had a punt block on....so CU ran a fake for a huge first down. Bellotti sniveled and RN responded with "Scoreboard baby"

You are correct though that there were two games in Hawaii that year with CU going first vs....I dunno who

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    he won't sign the extension but if the AD at FSU didn't offer an extension out front of the expected demand then he'd be laughed off of campus... it's just an AD knowing the street rules.
  • TommySQC said:

dhdawg said:

if we gave tim deruyter a call today he would agree to the job. And I might get chastised for saying this but I'd rather have Deruyter today than to wait to call mora and risk losing out on them all.

Agreed, but time is a wastin'...

http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/11/19/3620216/fresno-state-lining-up-extension.html

He'd be an idiot to sign an extension now when some big school is going to snatch him up. I wish we had a good A.D. who could be doing some things behind the scenes like talking to DeRuyter to set it up.

How Hedges went behind Lambo's back heading into that bowl game to talk with Slick Rick was pretty amazing. For those who don't remember at the Hawaii bowl Rick was busy defeating Oregon in the famous "Scoreboard baby!" then UW was after that game.

I remember Rick stayed to watch our game and the commentator interviewed him and he claimed because they were playing UW the following year. I bet Hedges had set the motions already and he was just watching what he could possibly inherit.

Fuck....I'm too busy to readl all the poasts here before responding.

Anyway, that wasn't the Scoreboard baby game. That was a couple years earlier in Dallas. Colorado was up big and Oregon had a punt block on....so CU ran a fake for a huge first down. Bellotti sniveled and RN responded with "Scoreboard baby"

You are correct though that there were two games in Hawaii that year with CU going first vs....I dunno who

That was the scoreboard baby game as Mike Bellotti after the game said the better team didn't win to which Rick responded "Scoreboard Baby"

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2011/12/oregon_ducks_rundown_the_contr.html

and when he responded to complaints from UO coach Mike Bellotti after the Buffaloes' 51-43 victory in the 1998 Aloha Bowl with the retort: "Scoreboard baby."

Most make the mistake of thinking scoreboard baby was from 1995 but it was from 1998.