Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

9-4

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
9-4 isn't a disaster. I'm not saying it's likely, but if they find a way to beat a team they're actually capable of beating on the road, it seems kind of realistic.

Even if they beat Puke/Md, NCS Wolves in the Sun Bowel or Naval in the processed cheese cures hunger bowl, they'll probably be ranked around 20th. I could be wrong, but that should sustain recruiting.

Next year, a trained monkey could almost coach the team to 8-6 or 9-5. I think Sark might be able to get to 10-4. 11-3 is probably a pipe dream, but weirder things have transpired.

There are cheap and stupid NFL (and college) teams out there. 10-4 will probably give Steve some interviews at least. He seems like the kind of enthusiastic, slick f*** who can fool people (especially people with limited budgets) in interviews, while other, less personable yet more qualified candidates getting ignored or don't make it to the second interview. I think this is the best chance we have of getting rid of the guy, other than going six and seven after losing to some worthless MAC squad. Personally I don't do the whole root for your team to lose coach gets fired/ they get a good pick.

As discussed preseason, 8-5 and maybe 7-6 are probably the worst case scenarios.

Comments

• Still, Fetters has the o/u for next year regular season at 9-4. That is 5 conference wins and a projection of treading water. The spin machine is working overtime to reduce expectations so the Sarkanian Nightmare can have a job for just forever. Dying in a fire seems too painful so I just will crank up the cholesterol.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Sark said we went 9-4 last year. He said UW was finally in position to challenge for a PAC-12 North title THIS year.

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    You lose your starting QB, RB, and all-alcoholics-anonymous TE next year. I'm sure Sark will have Miley Cyrus ready to go.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club
    If Sankey leaves early, is Sark going to bad mouth him too?
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    If the intern couldn't squeeze more than 7 wins out of Locker/Polk or Price/Sankey, it ain't gonna happen with whoever/whoever. HTH.
  • I have a really bad feeling this team is going to go 8-5 and have the worst possible season imaginable which was my fear heading into the year.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

I have a really bad feeling this team is going to go 8-5 and have the worst possible season imaginable which was my fear heading into the year.

TSWO when Cozzetto wasn't named the intern head coach for the Vegas bowl.

Sark should have sat his fat ass next to Ricky at the P12 networks all season.

• BlayenBlayen Member Posts: 106
    I don't see it.

How will we get to those 5 conference wins?

I realize that the home/away schedule is better for us next year, but...

We will be a worse team.
    UCLA will be better
    ASU will be better
    WSU will be better
    Arizona will be better
    Even Cal and Col will be better (can they be worse?)

The only teams that may slide are OSU, OU, and Stanford..

Who are we actually going to beat? The 5 wins per year mediocrity is bad enough, but the rest of the P12 is passing us by.

We hoard our 5 wins under the mattress like misers while the rest of the P12 is getting interest.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    AZDuck said:

You lose your starting QB, RB, and all-alcoholics-anonymous TE next year. I'm sure Sark will have Miley Cyrus ready to go.

Besides losing all that fluff, what Sark needs is to embrace The Oregon Way and get the ducks and other BCS pretenders the fuck off his schedule. As Sark has demonstrated in 2013, a coach can have one too many hurry-up no-huddle gimmicks.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    If Sark goes 7-6 this year it will be 4 years of incremental regression. The Holiday Bowl team was arguably his best overall. Keith's Sophomore year he at least got a win on the road at USC. Last year he at least beat Stanford, yes that win was fucktarded but he still beat the team that won the Rose Bowl.

This year? He hasn't done anything! His best win is a home game (shocker I know) to a bad BSU team. Beating an Oregon State team that mirrors us, WSU at home, or Toledo Tech A&M in a bowl game doesn't mean anything.

Didn't the doogs themselves called the most talented team in the Sark era? I disagree with this by the way but it is always fun to use doog arguments against them. His first team had FOUR NFL starters on defense yet he had to bring his terrible frat buddy to come coach. His 2010 team had 8 guys who are on an NFL roster and that is my pick for his most talented team.
  • BlayenBlayen Member Posts: 106
    The hole created by 0-12 is frightening. Turns out that every year we measure it, it gets deeper.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club

If Sark goes 7-6 this year it will be 4 years of incremental regression. The Holiday Bowl team was arguably his best overall. Keith's Sophomore year he at least got a win on the road at USC. Last year he at least beat Stanford, yes that win was fucktarded but he still beat the team that won the Rose Bowl.

This year? He hasn't done anything! His best win is a home game (shocker I know) to a bad BSU team. Beating an Oregon State team that mirrors us, WSU at home, or Toledo Tech A&M in a bowl game doesn't mean anything.

Didn't the doogs themselves called the most talented team in the Sark era? I disagree with this by the way but it is always fun to use doog arguments against them. His first team had FOUR NFL starters on defense yet he had to bring his terrible frat buddy to come coach. His 2010 team had 8 guys who are on an NFL roster and that is my pick for his most talented team.

Jack Lockner was the starting QB for both wins against USC.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

Jack Lockner was the starting QB for both wins against USC.
    Yea that was my mistake. All this mediocre football blends together so it is hard to remember.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    9-4 is an EPIC failure with this schedule. I REALLY lost interest after the Stanford game because unlike most I do not believe Stanford w/Hogan is that good and I always had that as a must win game on the schedule.

Even if we win 9, we will not have beaten a good team and our road woes continue. While a lot of the Dawg community will site progress, in reality it will be a +2 in win totals from Yr 2 with a shit bowl trophy in the case.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2013
    Tailgater said:

AZDuck said:

Besides losing all that fluff, what Sark needs is to embrace The Oregon Way and get the ducks and other BCS pretenders the fuck off his schedule. As Sark has demonstrated in 2013, a coach can have one too many hurry-up no-huddle gimmicks.

If oregon's offense is a gimmick, sign me up. It's no more of a gimmick than running the 46 defense.