Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Looking forward to attending the game against the Huskies this Saturday. I grew up cheering for UW

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Does anyone have a comments about football? Hardcore here apparently has nothing to do with the game. So far no one has praised UW’s football team but me. No ones even discussed or mentioned the upcoming game.

It's a bye week.
  • Options
    I can’t say I follow UW football close enough to know some of those details outside of Browning but I did read this post in a BYU board and I’ve got to say your team has been consistently good for years.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Purple Blaze you should get over what happened over two decades ago. 1984 was decided through the system not on the field like it is today. I just wish there had been a way for UW to play BYU in 1984.

Fuck you and your 1984 Holiday bowl against a weak ass Michigan team.

Now then, I hope you have a great time at the game!
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

And loved going to the games. Ended up going to BYU and of course loving my Cougars but there’s always a soft spot for Washington.

I think most BYU fans think this will be a L. Your team has superior speed your defense backs are going to shut down the offense and allow you to load the box. I think we hope we can keep the game tight like we did with the other games through ball control but no one would be shocked if the game got out of hand.

Don’t get me wrong I’m hoping we come into Husky Stadium and shock the world twice this year. After reading this board you know there’s nothing more that we’d want to do.

One last thing Husky Deli & Catering & Ice Cream is Overrated but fish and chips in Seattle is not.

What's a good Joseph Smith fearing Moreman doing up posting at HHC at 3:48 in the am on a Tuesday?
    Looking for a wife?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    LebamDawg said:

Growing up superiority guy - ha ha most of us haven't grown up yet

Fuck growing up. The toys get better as we age.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Does anyone have a comments about football? Hardcore here apparently has nothing to do with the game. So far no one has praised UW’s football team but me. No ones even discussed or mentioned the upcoming game.

@southernblueblood this place is about 50% football and 50% hive of scum and villainy. 100% football boreds are boring as fuck and this place is the best Husky site going and it's not close. The challenge is most fans don't have the sense of humor to get it.

At any rate, even though I am flaming, militant atheist, I went to HS in the Beehive motherland and have caught many a fat brown trout just a few miles upstream of Provo. So respeck...

On the subject of football, here's the Winsipedia comparison. Shout out to @RaceBannon who is the Godfather of our movement. Historically, BYU has been by far our most competitive matchup with a non Power 5 opponent. We lead all time at 5-4.

http://www.winsipedia.com/byu/vs/washington
    Great analysis, thanks Snow!
  • Options
    Great comments. Lived in Kent & Vashon growing up there. 5-4 is 100% right. Could easily be 6-3 with the flagged play after BYU blocked the FG. Then there was the crappy performance against UW in the Kraft Bowl.

I just don’t see BYU being able to contain UW speed. I don’t see BYU being able to move the ball downfield because UW will lock up the receivers and stack the box.

The only way I think BYU keeps it a game is if we can establish a run up the middle and control the clock. However it’s more likely UW goes on a big tear and crushes BYU at some point.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2018
    BYU is an interesting team to me. They beat Wisconsin but after watching that game and the Iowa - Wisconsin game I’m not convinced the Badgers were deserving of their preseason ranking. I also don’t really know what to think of BYU, Cal tried to give BYU the game in the second half and BYU blew it at home.

BYU does have a solid defense and Squally Canada is probably my favorite CFP name this year and he can play. I expect UW to win by 10-14 points, don’t think BYU will do much offensively but should be able to stay in the game enough to keep it from being a blow out.
  • Options
    D has been good- we expected to be at best 2-2 with a win over CAL and the FCS game. The line for BYU has been solid but we have been bad going deep. 10-14 point difference is very fair.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Navy might like a word about their series with us
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    27 - 16 UW, cook it.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

D has been good- we expected to be at best 2-2 with a win over CAL and the FCS game. The line for BYU has been solid but we have been bad going deep. 10-14 point difference is very fair.

Lucky for you, Cobra can't throw beyond 10 yards.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Here's the dealio: BYU has had 1 top 50 recruiting class in the past 5 cycles (i.e., #49 in 2015) and the rest have been in the 60's give or take. If we know anything out Pete's teams here of late is that even if it's tight at times (e.g., Utah always) and Arizona in 2016, he seems to always find a way to grind out victories against teams of vastly inferior talent. 24-14 sounds about right to me.
  • Options
    So is this a personal belief that you think BYU is going to win? Willing to put money on that? I’ll tak UW to win but not cover the 17
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

So is this a personal belief that you think BYU is going to win? Willing to put money on that? I’ll tak UW to win but not cover the 17

We don’t have the explosive WR like we used to, we will not cover the spread. But we will lul your offense to sleep, and let you make the mistake.