Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I know he's our? Wes Welker, but I just can't warm up to the idea of him playing LB.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I know he's our? Wes Welker, but I just can't warm up to the idea of him playing LB.

I just think of him as a dime DB. Makes sleeping much easier. We play 5 Dline 6 DBs on Defense or 4 DL 7 DBs depending on how Tevis Lines up. LB is going the way of DE.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited September 2018
    Bread said:

I just think of him as a dime DB. Makes sleeping much easier. We play 5 Dline 6 DBs on Defense or 4 DL 7 DBs depending on how Tevis Lines up. LB is going the way of DE.
    Just another reason why its so fucktarded that JoJo, who sucks in coverage anyways, is playing 25 yards off the line of scrimmage with RappEyes on the majority of the snaps.

Its like we insist on taking the weakest position on the field (tiny LBers) and are funneling the entire offense too them. The DL gets almost no pass rush and is obviously conservatively playing to hold up the OL and funnel the run to the LBers while our NFL corners are playing in soft coverage with double safety help 20+ yards down the field.

Additionally against mildly mobile QBs we continue to use either Potato or BBK in QB spy situations rather than using athletes that can actually close and chase the QB (JoJo or Rapp).

It would be great if one of the local reporters actually asked an intelligent football theory related question but they are even more retarded than the coaches....
  • RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

Low ceiling yes but he is what he is. He's playing really well. Imagine the depth chart if he got injured.

• alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Honestly, he didn't get caught up in the slop and made good reads. Not the biggest guy, but seems to knock the ball out a lot.
  • GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061
    I hear his motor never stops.