Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Huskies at Autzen Stadium

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,382
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2018
    Why would a game from two years ago under Helfrich trigger me or any other duck? He was a shit coach with an even worse QB. Newsflash, Prucock and Lockie are gone, and Burmeister won't see a meaningful snap unless it's in garbage time. You've yet to face a competent UO QB since Mariota. We currently have one. This is like the Boise St. Las Vegas Bowel to us, it's a game we really don't give a fuck about. The only value or meaning this game has to the ducks is to provide motivation to deliver a well executed ass whooping and put UW on notice that we're officially back.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why would a game from two years ago under Helfrich trigger me or any other duck? He was a shit coach with an even worse QB. Newsflash, Prucock and Lockie are gone, and Burmeister won't see a meaningful snap unless it's in garbage time. You've yet to face a competent UO QB since Mariota. We currently have one. This is like the Boise St. Las Vegas Bowel to us, it's a game we really don't give a fuck about. The only value or meaning this game has to the ducks is to provide motivation to deliver a well executed ass whooping and put UW on notice that we're officially back.

VAJ was a damn good college QB when he was healthy.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Never mind, looked like a wet behind the ears Herbert played in 2016 against UW, I took a break from watching the ducks that year after the first few dreckfest outings. There are better things to do on Saturdays than watch a 4-8 team shit itself every weekend. Helfrich was coach though, that was the difference maker.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I’m hearing Neuheisal didn’t win with his guys but gilby BLEEDS purple and GOLD and will get us back to TUFF football. Former OL coaches always make the TUFFEST HCs.
  • Options

I’m hearing Neuheisal didn’t win with his guys but gilby BLEEDS purple and GOLD and will get us back to TUFF football. Former OL coaches always make the TUFFEST HCs.

More than 500 yards on a stout Trees defense and pushing around the #7 team in the nation for most of the game.

Yeah, I think it's safe to assume he brings a level of TUFFNESS to the program Oregon hasn't seen in a long time.
  • Options

Never mind, looked like a wet behind the ears Herbert played in 2016 against UW, I took a break from watching the ducks that year after the first few dreckfest outings. There are better things to do on Saturdays than watch a 4-8 team shit itself every weekend. Helfrich was coach though, that was the difference maker.

You sound like a soft bandwagoner.
    A 4-8 team doesn't deserve any attention from the fanbase until they start showing they're serious again. Oregon didn't show that until the Helfrich firing. After that I started paying attention again.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam

What are you talking about? Helfrich was great. He's the only coach west of Oklahoma with a win in the CFP.
    i mean really!!! Besmirching the coach who brought them that shiny fucking participation trophy OBK is so proud of. Seems odd to me.
  • Options
    SaracenSaracen Member Posts: 269
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    As always, it's a good bet to expect the fans to be Autzen classy...

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Helfrich was competent enough to steer the ship into port that year, but not much more. The program was basically on auto pilot with Mariota leading the show and Frost as OC. He showed his true colors after Marcus left and got ran out of town.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

More than 500 yards on a stout Trees defense and pushing around the #7 team in the nation for most of the game.

Yeah, I think it's safe to assume he brings a level of TUFFNESS to the program Oregon hasn't seen in a long time.
    Sounds like Army and OU.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    There won't be any excuses for UO to fall back on as long as we go down to Berkeley and take care of business this Saturday. Channeling the aggression from Stanford and routing Cal is what should happen. Wounded ducks don't sink, they battle even harder, is what they're saying over at the Bear Insider. No truer words have ever been spoken. Ask Stanford. They know we're back. Then two weeks to prepare to take down Chris Petersen. In all likelihood you will be facing a VERY GOOD Oregon team this time around, totally revamped, with a new philosophy and physical as hell, completely changed from the uninspired dreck you shat all over in 2016/2017.

Still young and inexperienced though, with a piss poor defense against the pass. That's one area where Cristobal needs more time to get his own guys in there. But Shitsox is, well, shit and Peterman isn't dealing with Helfrich or Taggart anymore.

We're on a mission to take back what's ours.

The only way we lose this game is if we beat ourselves, or the Huskies play at a 2016 lights out level. Even then that likely won't be enough if Oregon is clicking on all cylinders for 4 quarters.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam

There won't be any excuses for UO to fall back on as long as we go down to Berkeley and take care of business this Saturday. Channeling the aggression from Stanford and routing Cal is what should happen. Wounded ducks don't sink, they battle even harder, is what they're saying over at the Bear Insider. No truer words have ever been spoken. Ask Stanford. They know we're back. Then two weeks to prepare to take down Chris Petersen. In all likelihood you will be facing a VERY GOOD Oregon team this time around, totally revamped, with a new philosophy and physical as hell, completely changed from the uninspired dreck you shat all over in 2016/2017.

Still young and inexperienced though, with a piss poor defense against the pass. That's one area where Cristobal needs more time to get his own guys in there. But Shitsox is, well, shit and Peterman isn't dealing with Helfrich or Taggart anymore.

The only way we lose this game is if we beat ourselves, or the Huskies play at a 2016 lights out level. Even then that likely won't be enough if Oregon is clicking on all cylinders for 4 quarters.

You gonna be on the Quinalt or Clackamas?
  • Options

You gonna be on the Quinalt or Clackamas?
    I don't know what the fuck you're even talking about.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I actually admire how much stupid shit @oregonblitzkrieg is talking after a loss.

Trolls gonna troll
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2018
    That was the greatest loss in Oregon history. Had UW only won by say 20-30 points, Helfrich might have kept his job. But by boating us like they did, they moved us one step closer to being relevant again. Where many people were triggered by that, I and many other duck fans were pleased with that result. Peterman let us move on from Helfrich a year earlier than expected.