Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSiO Episode #53: Mismatched Khakis, Remembering Tui and Fucking Troy Fautanu

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

89ute said:

NEsnake12 said:

...Or the U fucking around with their $100k turnover chain while getting curb stomped by LSU 2 weeks ago.

We don't have turnover chain and we didn't play LSU.
    You have turnover Choose the Right chain.

Fucking nailed it. Too bad I'm probably the only one on this bored who truly understands how fucking funny that is. Well done @YellowSnow.
    We're paisan Ute for better or worse.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,042
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Just finished it. Great pod, but no shout out for me, as per usual. I am burning all your shit down you assholes.

Listen again! It was in there.
    I had to listen in three sittings because FML and it kept restarting on me so I would have to guess where I was. If anyone hears my shout out please direct me to a time stamp. I use these shout outs as jerk off material so help me out. TIA.
    Download it.
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    NEsnake12 said:

Something that DDY and Coker talked about in this is the lack of players who play with emotion, which I absolutely agree with when you compare it to the 2016 team.

This 2016 team was in the perfect spot on the spectrum of playing with passion and emotion. They weren’t too robotic like the 2018 team has felt... but they also weren’t acting faggy swaggy like a lot of overhyped teams to. Think USC crawling out of the tunnel against Bama in 2015 when you think of faggy swaggy. Or the U fucking around with their $100k turnover chain while getting curb stomped by LSU 2 weeks ago.

Pete needs to get the team (and especially the D) back to that level the 2016 team was on

I think the huge increase in Polys will help this a lot.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Squirt said:

Dennis sounded more sober than the season preview, which is fine. But he's like Harry Caray was: reaches another level of greatness when slurring his words.

Who was Dennis supposed to drink with? Pepsi?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    89ute said:

Finished the pod. Not much Utah v Worshington hawt talk but what little there was, ... was spot on. Huntley is erratic and our O-line is playing like a hot mess. Coker feels like your O can't score many points. I feel the same about our offense after what we showed at NIU. You think you fuckers looked like shit against North Dakota, our game against NIU puts your performance to shame.

Defensively we are improved over last year. We're legitimately 3 deep at every position except DE. Only two deep there. Offensively we look like a total fucking mess, which is frustrating because we return practically everyone from last year. We lost our left guard, WR Carrington to graduation and our #2 WR Singleton to transfer (36 passes for 531 yards and four touchdowns in 13 games). That's it. Looking at the first two games, our offense has actually regressed which is downright fucking depressing because it should be markedly better. By markedly better, I'm talking like somewhere around 5th-ish in the Pac-12, which would be a yuuuge leap for us. As of now, we are showing like we're still the same shitty bottom of the Pac-12 offense.

UW wins the game in rather boring fashion … something like 24-13 or 24-16.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2018

FTR Coker was right, Tryon was not chinvolved in the tackle on his first play.

He doctored the film.
    DrPepper>Coke>Pepsi?
    It took me ten minutes of deep analysis to get this.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

NEsnake12 said:

Something that DDY and Coker talked about in this is the lack of players who play with emotion, which I absolutely agree with when you compare it to the 2016 team.

This 2016 team was in the perfect spot on the spectrum of playing with passion and emotion. They weren’t too robotic like the 2018 team has felt... but they also weren’t acting faggy swaggy like a lot of overhyped teams to. Think USC crawling out of the tunnel against Bama in 2015 when you think of faggy swaggy. Or the U fucking around with their $100k turnover chain while getting curb stomped by LSU 2 weeks ago.

Pete needs to get the team (and especially the D) back to that level the 2016 team was on

No.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

NEsnake12 said:

No.
    Yes.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    A STANFORD MOLE?

NEsnake12 said:

No.
    Maybe.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    A STANFORD MOLE?

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    How has utah not just accidentally had a good offensive year in the past decade?

Just based on probability it should have happened once
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Great pod. One of the better. Completely agree on the positioning of the program. Loved the recruiting chatter. The accusation of being timid is fair. There’s several years of evidence.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583

Lost on everyone in this thread is the fact that there are now FIFTY FUCKING THREE episodes of TSIO.

I thought the pod would have imploded a long time ago for any number of reasons... a hiatus due to an extended stint in rehab and/or death chief among them.

Neither tree nor tree-man can stop them.
    College football has been downhill since the Cal tree people