Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

9-8-01

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,891
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited September 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
The last time we beat a big time, OOC opponent in a non-toilet bowl game.

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

The last time we beat a big time, OOC opponent in a non-toilet bowl game.

Needs moar Omare Lowe
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Then the world changed on a crystal clear late summer day in both NY and Seattle.

The game against Miami would move to the end of the year. A plane crashed killing Husky boosters who were already in Miami for the game.

The Twin Towers went down.

We went in to the office because that's what champions do. Nobody else was working. Our suppliers didn't answer the phone so we sat around being pissed and wanting to kill rag heads. Sorry for any rag head readers I may have offended. Let's make sure we don't have a backlash out there. COEXIST.

I had jobs in the Columbia Sea First Tower and the Key Tower. It took #Courage to go in those towers that week but again, that's what champions do. But I don't want to make this about me. I knew someone who had an uncle who knew someone who lost a second cousin in the Towers.

By the way, Reggie Williams was a game changer from day one. Joe Ngata would be the same. Never forget that.

Race was there
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Then the world changed on a crystal clear late summer day in both NY and Seattle.

The game against Miami would move to the end of the year. A plane crashed killing Husky boosters who were already in Miami for the game.

The Twin Towers went down.

We went in to the office because that's what champions do. Nobody else was working. Our suppliers didn't answer the phone so we sat around being pissed and wanting to kill rag heads. Sorry for any rag head readers I may have offended. Let's make sure we don't have a backlash out there. COEXIST.

I had jobs in the Columbia Sea First Tower and the Key Tower. It took #Courage to go in those towers that week but again, that's what champions do. But I don't want to make this about me. I knew someone who had an uncle who knew someone who lost a second cousin in the Towers.

By the way, Reggie Williams was a game changer from day one. Joe Ngata would be the same. Never forget that.

Yep.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I identify more as a towelhead, so I'm not offended by the raghead comment.

Says the guy who went to Whitesconsin
    The world according to puppy...
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The program was never the same after that game. We had no business beating Michigan that day but the pull a rabbit out of the hat way that the 2000 season went had one last hurrah that September day in 2001.

Watching highlights of that game never feels right knowing what happened 3 days later. It’s still something I’ve never really wrapped my head around and watched. The day of when the attack happened all I needed was to hear what happened ... one of the only times in my life where seeing it didn’t matter to me.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

The program was never the same after that game. We had no business beating Michigan that day but the pull a rabbit out of the hat way that the 2000 season went had one last hurrah that September day in 2001.

Watching highlights of that game never feels right knowing what happened 3 days later. It’s still something I’ve never really wrapped my head around and watched. The day of when the attack happened all I needed was to hear what happened ... one of the only times in my life where seeing it didn’t matter to me.

I don’t associate that game with 9-11, it’s the Miami game I associate with it.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,248
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

It was a tragedy that the game got moved

Too soon?
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Tequilla said:

It was a tragedy that the game got moved

Too soon?
    The game itself was the real tragedy.

Plunger raped by Sebastian the Ibis
    Those jihadi bastards blew a 777 sized hole in our defense.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,248
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,891
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

It's always felt creepy to me that the last moment our program was nationally relevant prior to 2016 was on 9/8/01. I know it's just another date on the calendar, but still...

I don't think it was pre-ordained on that date that we would suck for the next 17 years based on the talent in the program. But we were certainly doomed based on the AD and upper campus.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    Swaye's Wigwam

Michigan Miami back to back is some ballsy scheduling.

Ty says hello with the Oklahoma and tOSU in the same year.