Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

All time high!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

As more of an individual liberty guy and respect for the rule of law, I care about more about microeconomics than macro. I care about the small American business man that creates a patent or trademark and then starts to market their product successfully. Then some Chinese company funded by some high chicom official starts marketing a ripped off product over the internet with the complicity of the ChiCom government. The American business has little recourse in the Chinese “legal” system and what it does have is prohibitively expensive. Now reverse the actors. The ripped off Chinese business has full recourse in US courts to address the issue with full rights of deposition and transparency. Easy win for the Chinese business and access to punitive damages.

Trump is moving to address this issue along with currency manipulation and required participation of Chinese partners in US businesses wanting to open facilities in China. I fully support his efforts. I’m unsure why any American would support the Chinese ripping off US patents, trademarks and other intellectual property. Actually, I’m not. It just felt good to ask.

You say you care about microeconomics. But then you want a macroeconomic solution (widespread tariffs) rather than just going after those that rip off US patents, trademarks and such.

And get a fucking Avatar.
    Another BRILLIANT comment from our resident HondoFS.

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Picture of what is happening to Hondo in this thread

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,879
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    So you support the status quo since there is very limited recourse in Chicom courts. I appreciate your ignorance and strong feelings on this issue.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

So you support the status quo since there is very limited recourse in Chicom courts. I appreciate your ignorance and strong feelings on this issue.

Explain how tariffs will stop patent violations.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,879
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Either the Chicoms can allow actual effective legal recourse or they can pay the tariffs. Their choice.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,535
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I don't think I've ever seen a dumbass press this badly in a thread. Ever.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    HondoFS didn't get that nickname by chance...
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

HondoFS didn't get that nickname by chance...

What's the backstory on "Hondo?"
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,261
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    His user name is a Honda ATV

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

His user name is a Honda ATV

So that's what that is. As dumb as he is.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

As more of an individual liberty guy and respect for the rule of law, I care about more about microeconomics than macro. I care about the small American business man that creates a patent or trademark and then starts to market their product successfully. Then some Chinese company funded by some high chicom official starts marketing a ripped off product over the internet with the complicity of the ChiCom government. The American business has little recourse in the Chinese “legal” system and what it does have is prohibitively expensive. Now reverse the actors. The ripped off Chinese business has full recourse in US courts to address the issue with full rights of deposition and transparency. Easy win for the Chinese business and access to punitive damages.

Trump is moving to address this issue along with currency manipulation and required participation of Chinese partners in US businesses wanting to open facilities in China. I fully support his efforts. I’m unsure why any American would support the Chinese ripping off US patents, trademarks and other intellectual property. Actually, I’m not. It just felt good to ask.

LEAVE