Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I love Pete

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Pete won the conference in year 3. He only has to win it this year or next to keep pace with Don James- i.e., wining Pac 33% of the tim.

We can sit here and be despondent about blowing a chance to beat Auburn and get the big OOC win monkey off our back, but we're married to Pete for the time being and we should be damn thankful to have him.

Don’t mention him with DJ until gets a ring

Beating Bo amd 1977 Michigan in the Rose Bowl on the West Coast is not the same as playing Nick Satan and 2016 'Bama in the Atlanta.
    This is a huge factor that often gets overlooked. We played Bama and Barn in their backyard and didnt look completely outmatched in either game. Obviously Bama was brutal but our defense held us in there.

If those games were played on the West Coast, we maybe score another TD vs Bama and we 100% beat Auburn, no question.

We need a big time booster or two to step up and host these big OOC games in Vegas. Or better yet get home and homes.

Agree with getting home and homes. Neutral site regular season games are AIDS.

Disagree about the hypothetical bullshit though.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,983 Founders Club

Pete won the conference in year 3. He only has to win it this year or next to keep pace with Don James- i.e., wining Pac 33% of the tim.

We can sit here and be despondent about blowing a chance to beat Auburn and get the big OOC win monkey off our back, but we're married to Pete for the time being and we should be damn thankful to have him.

Beating Bo amd 1977 Michigan in the Rose Bowl on the West Coast is not the same as playing Nick Satan and 2016 'Bama in the Atlanta.
    This is a huge factor that often gets overlooked. We played Bama and Barn in their backyard and didnt look completely outmatched in either game. Obviously Bama was brutal but our defense held us in there.

If those games were played on the West Coast, we maybe score another TD vs Bama and we 100% beat Auburn, no question.

We need a big time booster or two to step up and host these big OOC games in Vegas. Or better yet get home and homes.

Baabs, if it weren't for mankind dealing in hypotheticals we'd still be living in the fucking stone age. HTH.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Baabs, if it weren't for mankind dealing in hypotheticals we'd still be living in the fucking stone age. HTH.
    Are you new here?

Are you new here?
    Yes, relatively speaking.

James was a better big game hunter than Petersen for sure. Bowl games and home and homes

People forget that DJ was 8-8 in out of conference road games from 1975- 1992. And of those 8 wins a lot was NWU and Purdue. I think the big wins were at #3 Michigan in 1984 and Nebraska in 1991.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Are you new here?
    R u gnu hear?

Really glad to have @TierbsHsotBoobs back. My WTF stats were really sucking.

Just write something pro-Hillary at the end of your poast and it is guranteed to at least get an up vote.
    I am not as much of a cuck as Boobs, but he's given me a lot of chins in the Tug.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,890 Standard Supporter

I am ride or die with Pete. I am the most upset that his worst decision as a coach ever happened almost immediately when he committed to Browning for 4 years, but there is too much good to like. The defense was fixed what was seemingly overnight, no more grab ass gay shit like tigers, chainsaws, sideline meltdowns against Portland State etc. Team plays with so much more discipline.

The 2 things keeping the team back right now from competing nationally are not having the physical specimens at every position (which is currently being fixed with the upward tick in recruiting) and inconsistent offense (which has been capped by Brownsocks).

If he can't do it UW then no one ever will.

My thread-winner, right here.

Have we honestly all forgotten how fucking embarrassingly bad UW was under TW and Seven-Win Steve? Depth takes time and one bad player at a key position can fuck up lots of shit, as we've seen, and we've got holes on both the O and D. But they are closing.

UW is a bona-fide winner again, but not yet dominating the pile like some of us witnessed from the 70s through the early 90s, and saw flashes of when Tui was QB. And the arc of recruiting is pushing UW updwards, year after year, just like excising the human boil of a QB in Brownsocks is going to make the offense far more potent than it is now.

I love Pete too.

But I hate try-hard bullshit.

As long as Jake Haener is around the program is not safe.

I WANT ALL OF OUR PLAYERS TO TRY HARD!!
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

I love Pete too.

But I hate try-hard bullshit.

As long as Jake Haener is around the program is not safe.

I WANT ALL OF OUR PLAYERS TO TRY HARD!!

To not to SUCK

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,532 Founders Club

James was a better big game hunter than Petersen for sure. Bowl games and home and homes

People forget that DJ was 8-8 in out of conference road games from 1975- 1992. And of those 8 wins a lot was NWU and Purdue. I think the big wins were at #3 Michigan in 1984 and Nebraska in 1991.
    Texas in the Sun Bowl

Michigan in the Rose Bowl

Getting the Vegas Bowl to be major bowl with Pac #2 vs like SEC #3 or #4 would be do wonders for the conference.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam

Who else west of the Mississippi would want this job?
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

No reasonable person thinks we could do better than Pete. But it doesn't mean he's perfect and can't improve.

I love Pete forever. Anyone who is even thinking about getting someone different is a fucking retard.

Pete is our savior.

NOW FUCKING RECRUIT SOME BLACK PEOPLE.