Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I love Pete

Yes, he's stubborn as fuck. Yes, his Browning fascination is embarrassing. Yes, he keeps underperforming coaches around too long.

It's nice to be a real program where the games actually matter, the season isn't immediately over, and the pain is real.

Five years ago we were despondent, convinced Sark would be plaguing our program forever as he did just enough to convince people he wasn't Ty Willingham.

This millennial doog won't ever forget.

Now win out.

Doog post, doog poster.

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    c'mon guys, try not forget that we never live for this season; it's always the future...next year then the year after... it's lookin' goooooooood.

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Y

I love Pete too.

But I hate try-hard bullshit.

As long as Jake Haener is around the program is not safe.

Yep.

People need to quit calling for him to start.

The absolute worst thing that can happen is for Haener to play this year then have the on field experience edge in this system heading into next season.

Haener needs to be fourth on the depth chart next year and transfer out after that.
    What if he is good and he is a gamer?
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Y

I love Pete too.

But I hate try-hard bullshit.

As long as Jake Haener is around the program is not safe.

Yep.

People need to quit calling for him to start.

The absolute worst thing that can happen is for Haener to play this year then have the on field experience edge in this system heading into next season.

Haener needs to be fourth on the depth chart next year and transfer out after that.
    What if he is good and he is a gamer?
    I"m hearing he could be the next best QB in college football
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Pete won the conference in year 3. He only has to win it this year or next to keep pace with Don James- i.e., wining Pac 33% of the tim.

We can sit here and be despondent about blowing a chance to beat Auburn and get the big OOC win monkey off our back, but we're married to Pete for the time being and we should be damn thankful to have him.

Don’t mention him with DJ until gets a ring
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,983 Founders Club

Pete won the conference in year 3. He only has to win it this year or next to keep pace with Don James- i.e., wining Pac 33% of the tim.

We can sit here and be despondent about blowing a chance to beat Auburn and get the big OOC win monkey off our back, but we're married to Pete for the time being and we should be damn thankful to have him.

That's fair enough. But we are living in a different era of the sport so it's not apples to apples.

Beating Bo amd 1977 Michigan in the Rose Bowl on the West Coast is not the same as playing Nick Satan and 2016 'Bama in the Atlanta.
    If Pete had gone 7 and 4 he wouldn't have won the league

People forget because they weren't born how frustrating James was for years. Lot of the same shit.

James followed his first title by going 7 and 4 again. Then 10-2 and then two more league titles followed by blowing two Apple Cups

Petersen is equal at worst at this point

Stacking Pac titles like cord wood is harder too in a 12 team league with a North vs South title game. Even when you "miss" SC, you still don't miss them.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2018

Beating Bo amd 1977 Michigan in the Rose Bowl on the West Coast is not the same as playing Nick Satan and 2016 'Bama in the Atlanta.
    This is a huge factor that often gets overlooked. We played Bama and Barn in their backyard and didnt look completely outmatched in either game. Obviously Bama was brutal but our defense held us in there.

If those games were played on the West Coast, we maybe score another TD vs Bama and we 100% beat Auburn, no question.

We need a big time booster or two to step up and host these big OOC games in Vegas. Or better yet get home and homes.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

That's fair enough. But we are living in a different era of the sport so it's not apples to apples.

People forget because they weren't born how frustrating James was for years. Lot of the same shit.

James followed his first title by going 7 and 4 again. Then 10-2 and then two more league titles followed by blowing two Apple Cups

We would have fired James then just like we would fire Peterman now.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Stacking Pac titles like cord wood is harder too in a 12 team league with a North vs South title game. Even when you "miss" SC, you still don't miss them.
    UW missed them.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,983 Founders Club

This is a huge factor that often gets overlooked. We played Bama and Barn in their backyard and didnt look completely outmatched in either game. Obviously Bama was brutal but our defense held us in there.

If those games were played on the West Coast, we maybe score another TD vs Bama and we 100% beat Auburn, no question.

We need a big time booster or two to step up and host these big OOC games in Vegas. Or better yet get home and homes.

This!

There "neutral site" games suck compared to Home and Home. I have a hard time believing Auburn would have won that game in Husky Stadium and I'd gladly take a home win against them in exchange for a loss at their place next year.