Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recalling a Coach Pete comment

12346»

Comments

• Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ty Jones looked like a BOSS. Which is promising.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Jake Browning bitch face...

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Baseman said:

whuggy said:

Houhusky said:

If anyone should walk home from Atlanta it should be Pete

I get the circle jerk doog fucktardedness of bashing browning, but nothing will change the fact that the coaches have been around Browning for 4 years, looked at him, against Auburn, and thought, "That browning guy looks like he is ready to run a speed option or maybe a QB draw with the game on the line"

Throw in:

only 2 completed passes to our TEs

only 3 attempted passes to Gaskin and Ahmed combined (all three attempts with 14:57 mins left in the 2nd quarter)

FUCKING ZERO completed passes to the RBs

The fact that the coaches look at browning and are asking him to do anything other than the most basic of things while letting gaskins, ahmed, TEs, the OL, and his far superior teammates win the game is a real fucking mystery to me.
    So spot on. Hamdan called a piss poor game. The best the offense looked was on an auto pilot two minute drill end of the half. And Lake. Jesus two NFL corners and he plays them soft, primarily first half, with a free safety 25 yards deep playing prevent defense. I might be wrong but I think those were Auburns 3rd and 4th best receivers after they got their best two injured pre-season. Not sure what he was scared of. Ultimately falls on Pete though, he coaches the coaches.
    Shit all over Hamdan. But if Jonathan Smith called that game, it would've been the Bama game & score all over again.
    We fucking LOST both games. Owen 2. NOGAF. Losing is losing.

Not much has changed. Jake is still Jake. Pete is still Pete. The OL still has holes. And wedged in between our DL and DBs are Gregory’s WAC pack.

That friend is a PAC 12 contender and a NY6 loser. Fuck that.

So Hamdan is Smiffy 2.0 and nothing's changed. Pete is Pete and a loss is a loss.

So a 6 point loss to Auburn in 2018 is no different than a Sark era 28 point blowout road loss, because a loss is a loss is a loss.

NYBE. Very unchinsightful.
    Is there a W-L-CL record now?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    whlinder said:

MisterEm said:

whlinder said:

whlinder said:

Passion said:

Two years ago: "You don’t want guys feeling sorry for themselves and moping around. That’s what most people do. I think the true competitors are really irritated about it and trying to figure out how to fix it. Most people think they’re competitors and they’re not. They’re mopers."

Not the only photo from Saturday that projects a certain...attitude:

I get that Jack has earned the Brownsocks moniker, I've watched him play enough to see his glaring weaknesses. But, the parsing of post game photos for bad "attitude" is preposterous. You guys need to fuck off with this shit. Get some fucking perspective.

Do you doubt his will to win? Do you think he's not giving 100% effort? There no evidence of him not trying.

So get the fuck out of here with the moping bullshit. Dude just lost a tough, close game and likely has a (at least mild?) concussion from that non-targeting call. Is he "moping" or "irritated?" Tell me the fucking difference in that photo.

So, in short, fuck off. Stop bashing the kids and pulling 2 year old quotes to justify it. Bullshit move from bullshit "fan."
    In short: FUCK OFF (If I am being whooshed then I am a drunk fucktard)

He's not a kid. He's a 4th year starter senior QB. He's a grown ass man. Ain't no protections for grown ass men. You a frosh, sophomore, fine, no kid bashing. Jake Browning is a grown ass man.

Parsing post game photos? Get fucked by a rusty cheese grater. I sat in the first row, 40 yard line behind the bench. He has the WORST FUCKING BODY LANGUAGE ON THE TEAM. Throw a pick while scrambling instead of throwing it away? Let me come sit on the bench alone and stare in to space.

When Washington is on defense he sits on the bench, mostly alone, doing nothing. If he didn't shit himself all the time, being even-keeled might be good. He shits himself all the time so he needs to show some emotion other than that of a pouting bitch.

That fucker sucks, and yet he's the ceiling of our football team, so my wife/kid and I actually had to engage in trying to cheer for him on the sideline. It was so painful, cause I can't stand watching him at QB anymore, and yet I want my Dawgs to be successful so we did it anyway.

After his failure to recognize a blitz and pull the trigger on some kind of throw on 4th down, I headed to the tunnel to see the team come off. Team looked pissed. Brownsocks looked mopey. Staring at the floor. Only player with his helmet on. Mopey is my interpretation. Shared by my wife/kid. We literally had to tell him to keep his head up and play hard and keep fighting the rest of the season. So fucking painful cause he won't get better and should sit on the bench. Let him pout the whole game for once.

Pre-game we ran in to some Husky fans at our hotel who have a kid that's works in the A.D. Said Jake is a douchebag. What's the evidence that he isn't a bitchy cuntface with a bad attitude?
    You sound a little agitated. And drunk.

Blame Pete.

PS- First row seat? Obviously you have pisspoor judgement.
    I do blame Pete. Buck stops with him.

And of course I have pisspoor judgement. I spent money to watch Brownsocks.

As for the first row, in the Benz (ILTCITTWILTD) the first row between the 20s is set back a bit and higher off the ground, so the view is great.
    Great seats. We were on the east side at the 35 next to DDY and Gladdy.

We hate money, but we had fun.
    Yeah, I was pretty close to y'all, same half of the field and identified DDY by his voice during pregame when I was field level in the club below him.

It was a lot of fun for sure.
    I was the dark asshole in front with the full arm harness. Sat next to a pair of southern dark skinned cousins. One had an AL hat/shirt. Other decked in Auburn gear. They were a hoot arguing. Didn't care they stopped serving booze at the start of the third quarter.

On second thought, that was fucked up Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited September 2018
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

whuggy said:

Houhusky said:

I get the circle jerk doog fucktardedness of bashing browning, but nothing will change the fact that the coaches have been around Browning for 4 years, looked at him, against Auburn, and thought, "That browning guy looks like he is ready to run a speed option or maybe a QB draw with the game on the line"

Throw in:

only 3 attempted passes to Gaskin and Ahmed combined (all three attempts with 14:57 mins left in the 2nd quarter)

The fact that the coaches look at browning and are asking him to do anything other than the most basic of things while letting gaskins, ahmed, TEs, the OL, and his far superior teammates win the game is a real fucking mystery to me.
    So spot on. Hamdan called a piss poor game. The best the offense looked was on an auto pilot two minute drill end of the half. And Lake. Jesus two NFL corners and he plays them soft, primarily first half, with a free safety 25 yards deep playing prevent defense. I might be wrong but I think those were Auburns 3rd and 4th best receivers after they got their best two injured pre-season. Not sure what he was scared of. Ultimately falls on Pete though, he coaches the coaches.
    Shit all over Hamdan. But if Jonathan Smith called that game, it would've been the Bama game & score all over again.
    If you aren't ironically trolling with the sark > ty meme you can DIAFF.

Random play generator under Bush was indistinguishable from random play generator under Smith...

except Bush went against a worse defense, with a better OL, called a browning speed option and QB draw, and didnt even attempt a pass to the RBs after the first quarter.
    Horseshit. Smiffy would've had Jake throwing, and the backs running, sideways all game long, throwing bubble screens and pic 6s. And 3 second delayed RPO hand-offs to the backs getting stuffed 3 yards behind the LOS and an OL in a pass-blocking scheme.

Will take Hamdan over Smiffy 100 times out of 100, for obvious reasons, besides your bad memory.
    Oh, so you are just a regular fucktard, first the stats...

SMITH........UW vs AL - 1st half 21 pass attempts in 8 1st half possessions (2.64 PA/POS)
    HAMDAM...UW vs AU - 1st half 18 pass attempts in 6 1st half possessions (3 PA/POS)

SMITH........UW vs AL Totals - 38 pass attempts 14 possessions; average of 2.7 PA/POS (down double digits after first half)
    HAMDAM...UW vs AU Totals - 32 pass attempts on 11 possessions: average of 2.99 PA/POS (close entire game)

Hamdam nearly called the same number of pass plays, at a higher rate per possession, against a worse defense, with a better OL, in a closer game.

For the game plan...

THE OFFENSE NEEDED TO INCLUDE LATERAL ATTACKS AND UTILIZE OUR TEs AND RBs AGAINST THEIR DEFENSE YOU FUCKSTICK

It was clear from the first series that AU's defensive line was very good and we weren't going to be able to run inside. It was also clear that their LBs were good at filling interior holes and attacking downhill but not the best laterally or in coverage.

ILL SAY IT AGAIN YOU SYPHILIS RIDDLED MORON: Ahmed and Gaskin, our two best players on offense, with skills that match up very favorably against their LBs DID NOT EVEN GET A PASS ATTEMPT AFTER THE FIRST PLAY OF THE 2nd QUARTER FOR THE REST OF THE GAME

Everything about this team on offense from browning's noodle arm and poor decision making, the decent OL, great RBs, good WTEs, and JAG WRs fucking screams for 5-10 yard TE out routes, dump off passes to Ahmed and Gaskin, with the occasional underthrown lob downfield. Every inside run play out of the pistol against Auburn was a wasted play other than to keep their defense honest.

Fuck off
    This is probably the worst statistical analysis I've ever seen on these boreds, and that's saying something.

UW vs Bama possession 1 (I'm counting all Browning runs as called passes unless they were clearly designed runs. If someone remembers a designed Browning run in the Bama game feel free to point it out, I don't recall any)

Total plays - 3
    Called passes - 2 (4 yards)
    Called runs - 1 (3 yards)
    Total yards - 0
    Result - 3 and out

UW vs Bama possession 2

Total plays - 8
    Called passes - 6 (5 passes, 49 yards, 1 first down gained, 1 TD) (1 scramble, 13 yards, first down gained)
    Called runs - 2 (2 yards, 1 first down gained)
    Total yards - 64
    Result - Pettis 16 yard TD

UW vs Bama possession 3

Total plays - 5
    Called passes - 3 (28 yards, 1 first down gained)
    Called runs - 2 (4 yards, 1 first down gained)
    Total yards - 32
    Result - Ross lost fumble

UW vs Bama possession 4

Total plays - 3
    Called passes - 2 (-9 yards)
    Called runs - 1 (2 yards)
    Total yards - (-7)
    Result - 3 and out

UW vs Bama possession 5

Total plays - 3
    Called passes - 3 (2 for 7 yards in the air) (1 sack for loss of 4)
    Called runs - 0
    Total yards - 3
    Result - 3 and out

UW vs Bama possession 6

Total plays - 3
    Called passes - 3 (2 incomplete) (1 Browning scramble for 0)
    Called runs - 0
    Total yards - 0
    Result - 3 and out

UW vs Bama possession 7

Total plays - 6
    Called passes - at least 4 (5 yards)
    Called runs - 2 (McClatcher for 16, KJCS for 3 on 3rd and 1 - probably a pass call but I'll be generous here since I don't recall the play).
    Total yards - 28
    Result - TSIO pick six

UW vs Bama possession 8 (Washington gets ball at it's own 25 with 1:13 left)
    Total plays - 6
    Called passes - at least 2 (both incomplete)
    Called runs - 4 (19 yards)
    Total yards - 14 (Lost 5 yards on a false start)
    Result - half ends with UW on 4th and 14

Bama first half summary:

UW offensive plays: 37
    UW called pass plays: 25
    UW called run plays: 12 (of the 12 one may have been a pass call and four were when UW was just trying to run out the clock, so only 7 or 8 out of 31 calls when trying to move the ball were designed runs)
    Plays per possession: 4.65
    Passes per possession: 3.125
    Runs per possession: 1.5 (this is if we count KJCS's as a designed run. @GrundleStiltzkin! Help?)

Total points - 7

UW vs Auburn possession 1

Total plays - 3
    Called passes - 2
    Called runs - 1 (0 yards)
    Total yards - 0
    Result - 3 and out

UW vs Auburn possession 2

Total plays - 6
    Called passes - 4 (11 yards)
    Called runs - 2 (11 yards)
    Total yards - 0
    Result - Browning pick on 2nd and 9

UW vs Auburn possession 3

Total plays - 6
    Called passes - 3 (2 throws for 33 yards plus 14 yards on personal foul penalty) (1 sack for -2)
    Called runs - 3 (17 yards)
    Total yards - 61 yards
    Result - Henry 31 yard FG

UW vs Auburn possession 4

Total plays - 3
    Called passes - 2 (both incomplete)
    Called runs - 1 (-1)
    Five yard Auburn offsides penalty
    Total yards - 4
    Result - 3 and out

UW vs Auburn possession 5

Total plays - 10 calls, 9 counted
    Called passes - 6 (5 throws for 58 yards) (1 sack for - 3)
    Called runs - 4 (19 yards) (only 3 counted because an Ahmed 1 yard run was called back for holding)
    Total yards - 64
    Result - Henry 27 yd FG

UW vs Auburn possession 6 (UW gets ball on own 25 with 1:23 to play in half)
    Total plays - 4
    Called passes - 4 (4 for 4 for 75 yards and a TD)
    Called runs - 0 (19 yards) (only 3 counted because an Ahmed 1 yard run was called back for holding)
    Total yards - 64
    Result - Pounds 13 yard TD

Burn first half summary:

UW offensive plays: 31 (official, 32 unofficial)
    UW called pass plays: 20
    UW called run plays: 11 (12 unofficial)
    Plays per possession: 5.16
    Passes per possession: 3.33
    Runs per possession: 1.83

Total points - 13

TLDR: If you throw out the final possession of each half when the lock determine play calling moreso than the OC, you get 11 runs out of 27 calls versus Auburn (40.7%), and 8 runs out of 31 calls versus Bama (25.8%).

Bush was significantly more committed to balance than Smith was. Now you can argue that was because Auburn had a worse defense, but their front 7 was much closer to Bama's caliber than their secondary was.

I'm also not sure I buy the "UW OL was much better" for the Auburn game argument after we lost Trey. With him, no doubt.

And I'm not breaking down the second half because I've already wasted too much time on this exercise.

Bush didn't call a good game. He showed much more promise than Smiff did versus Bama, IMO.

LIFPO
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

whuggy said:

Houhusky said:

Throw in:

If you aren't ironically trolling with the sark > ty meme you can DIAFF.

Random play generator under Bush was indistinguishable from random play generator under Smith...

except Bush went against a worse defense, with a better OL, called a browning speed option and QB draw, and didnt even attempt a pass to the RBs after the first quarter.
    Horseshit. Smiffy would've had Jake throwing, and the backs running, sideways all game long, throwing bubble screens and pic 6s. And 3 second delayed RPO hand-offs to the backs getting stuffed 3 yards behind the LOS and an OL in a pass-blocking scheme.

Will take Hamdan over Smiffy 100 times out of 100, for obvious reasons, besides your bad memory.
    Oh, so you are just a regular fucktard, first the stats...

SMITH........UW vs AL - 1st half 21 pass attempts in 8 1st half possessions (2.64 PA/POS)
    HAMDAM...UW vs AU - 1st half 18 pass attempts in 6 1st half possessions (3 PA/POS)

SMITH........UW vs AL Totals - 38 pass attempts 14 possessions; average of 2.7 PA/POS (down double digits after first half)
    HAMDAM...UW vs AU Totals - 32 pass attempts on 11 possessions: average of 2.99 PA/POS (close entire game)

Hamdam nearly called the same number of pass plays, at a higher rate per possession, against a worse defense, with a better OL, in a closer game.

For the game plan...

THE OFFENSE NEEDED TO INCLUDE LATERAL ATTACKS AND UTILIZE OUR TEs AND RBs AGAINST THEIR DEFENSE YOU FUCKSTICK

It was clear from the first series that AU's defensive line was very good and we weren't going to be able to run inside. It was also clear that their LBs were good at filling interior holes and attacking downhill but not the best laterally or in coverage.

ILL SAY IT AGAIN YOU SYPHILIS RIDDLED MORON: Ahmed and Gaskin, our two best players on offense, with skills that match up very favorably against their LBs DID NOT EVEN GET A PASS ATTEMPT AFTER THE FIRST PLAY OF THE 2nd QUARTER FOR THE REST OF THE GAME

Everything about this team on offense from browning's noodle arm and poor decision making, the decent OL, great RBs, good WTEs, and JAG WRs fucking screams for 5-10 yard TE out routes, dump off passes to Ahmed and Gaskin, with the occasional underthrown lob downfield. Every inside run play out of the pistol against Auburn was a wasted play other than to keep their defense honest.

Fuck off
    This is probably the worst statistical analysis I've ever seen on these boreds, and that's saying something.

UW vs Bama possession 1 (I'm counting all Browning runs as called passes unless they were clearly designed runs. If someone remembers a designed Browning run in the Bama game feel free to point it out, I don't recall any)

Total plays - 3
    Called passes - 2 (4 yards)
    Called runs - 1 (3 yards)
    Total yards - 0
    Result - 3 and out

UW vs Bama possession 2

Total plays - 8
    Called passes - 6 (5 passes, 49 yards, 1 first down gained, 1 TD) (1 scramble, 13 yards, first down gained)
    Called runs - 2 (2 yards, 1 first down gained)
    Total yards - 64
    Result - Pettis 16 yard TD

UW vs Bama possession 3

Total plays - 5
    Called passes - 3 (28 yards, 1 first down gained)
    Called runs - 2 (4 yards, 1 first down gained)
    Total yards - 32
    Result - Ross lost fumble

UW vs Bama possession 4

Total plays - 3
    Called passes - 2 (-9 yards)
    Called runs - 1 (2 yards)
    Total yards - (-7)
    Result - 3 and out

UW vs Bama possession 5

Total plays - 3
    Called passes - 3 (2 for 7 yards in the air) (1 sack for loss of 4)
    Called runs - 0
    Total yards - 3
    Result - 3 and out

UW vs Bama possession 6

Total plays - 3
    Called passes - 3 (2 incomplete) (1 Browning scramble for 0)
    Called runs - 0
    Total yards - 0
    Result - 3 and out

UW vs Bama possession 7

Total plays - 6
    Called passes - at least 4 (5 yards)
    Called runs - 2 (McClatcher for 16, KJCS for 3 on 3rd and 1 - probably a pass call but I'll be generous here since I don't recall the play).
    Total yards - 28
    Result - TSIO pick six

UW vs Bama possession 8 (Washington gets ball at it's own 25 with 1:13 left)
    Total plays - 6
    Called passes - at least 2 (both incomplete)
    Called runs - 4 (19 yards)
    Total yards - 14 (Lost 5 yards on a false start)
    Result - half ends with UW on 4th and 14

Bama first half summary:

UW offensive plays: 37
    UW called pass plays: 25
    UW called run plays: 12 (of the 12 one may have been a pass call and four were when UW was just trying to run out the clock, so only 7 or 8 out of 31 calls when trying to move the ball were designed runs)
    Plays per possession: 4.65
    Passes per possession: 3.125
    Runs per possession: 1.5 (this is if we count KJCS's as a designed run. @GrundleStiltzkin! Help?)

Total points - 7

UW vs Auburn possession 1

Total plays - 3
    Called passes - 2
    Called runs - 1 (0 yards)
    Total yards - 0
    Result - 3 and out

UW vs Auburn possession 2

Total plays - 6
    Called passes - 4 (11 yards)
    Called runs - 2 (11 yards)
    Total yards - 0
    Result - Browning pick on 2nd and 9

UW vs Auburn possession 3

Total plays - 6
    Called passes - 3 (2 throws for 33 yards plus 14 yards on personal foul penalty) (1 sack for -2)
    Called runs - 3 (17 yards)
    Total yards - 61 yards
    Result - Henry 31 yard FG

UW vs Auburn possession 4

Total plays - 3
    Called passes - 2 (both incomplete)
    Called runs - 1 (-1)
    Total yards - 4
    Result - 3 and out

UW vs Auburn possession 5

Total plays - 10 calls, 9 counted
    Called passes - 6 (5 throws for 58 yards) (1 sack for - 3)
    Called runs - 4 (19 yards) (only 3 counted because an Ahmed 1 yard run was called back for holding)
    Total yards - 64
    Result - Henry 27 yd FG

UW vs Auburn possession 6 (UW gets ball on own 25 with 1:23 to play in half)
    Total plays - 4
    Called passes - 4 (4 for 4 for 75 yards and a TD)
    Called runs - 0 (19 yards) (only 3 counted because an Ahmed 1 yard run was called back for holding)
    Total yards - 64
    Result - Pounds 13 yard TD

Burn first half summary:

UW offensive plays: 31 (official, 32 unofficial)
    UW called pass plays: 20
    UW called run plays: 11 (12 unofficial)
    Plays per possession: 5.16
    Passes per possession: 3.33
    Runs per possession: 1.83

Total points - 13

TLDR: If you throw out the final possession of each half when the lock determine play calling moreso than the OC, you get 11 runs out of 27 calls versus Auburn (40.7%), and 8 runs out of 31 calls versus Bama (25.8%).

Bush was significantly more committed to balance than Smith was. Now you can argue that was because Auburn had a worse defense, but their front 7 was much closer to Bama's caliber than their secondary was.

I'm also not sure I buy the "UW OL was much better" for the Auburn game argument after we lost Trey. With him, no doubt.

And I'm not breaking down the second half because I've already wasted too much time on this exercise.

Bush didn't call a good game. He showed much more promise than Smiff did versus Bama, IMO.

LIFPO
    Stats are for losers.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

DawgFader said:

I don’t actually expect him to win a meaningful game.

He doesn't realize that he's neither fast, nor strong. The game is still too fast for him. He overthinks things and has a fear of failure... which ultimately leads him to fail.

I've dealt with people like this in my past. They didn't trust their own abilities and got stiff and white-knuckled things.

I can't stand to see his bitch face on TV any more. He should just give up playing football now and get into seppuku.