Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recalling a Coach Pete comment

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Passion said:

Two years ago: "You don’t want guys feeling sorry for themselves and moping around. That’s what most people do. I think the true competitors are really irritated about it and trying to figure out how to fix it. Most people think they’re competitors and they’re not. They’re mopers."

Not the only photo from Saturday that projects a certain...attitude:

I get that Jack has earned the Brownsocks moniker, I've watched him play enough to see his glaring weaknesses. But, the parsing of post game photos for bad "attitude" is preposterous. You guys need to fuck off with this shit. Get some fucking perspective.

Do you doubt his will to win? Do you think he's not giving 100% effort? There no evidence of him not trying.

So get the fuck out of here with the moping bullshit. Dude just lost a tough, close game and likely has a (at least mild?) concussion from that non-targeting call. Is he "moping" or "irritated?" Tell me the fucking difference in that photo.

So, in short, fuck off. Stop bashing the kids and pulling 2 year old quotes to justify it. Bullshit move from bullshit "fan."
    Leave
    Fuck you. Make me bitch.
    What a pussy
    TYpical.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

whuggy said:

Houhusky said:

If anyone should walk home from Atlanta it should be Pete

I get the circle jerk doog fucktardedness of bashing browning, but nothing will change the fact that the coaches have been around Browning for 4 years, looked at him, against Auburn, and thought, "That browning guy looks like he is ready to run a speed option or maybe a QB draw with the game on the line"

Throw in:

only 2 completed passes to our TEs

only 3 attempted passes to Gaskin and Ahmed combined (all three attempts with 14:57 mins left in the 2nd quarter)

FUCKING ZERO completed passes to the RBs

The fact that the coaches look at browning and are asking him to do anything other than the most basic of things while letting gaskins, ahmed, TEs, the OL, and his far superior teammates win the game is a real fucking mystery to me.
    So spot on. Hamdan called a piss poor game. The best the offense looked was on an auto pilot two minute drill end of the half. And Lake. Jesus two NFL corners and he plays them soft, primarily first half, with a free safety 25 yards deep playing prevent defense. I might be wrong but I think those were Auburns 3rd and 4th best receivers after they got their best two injured pre-season. Not sure what he was scared of. Ultimately falls on Pete though, he coaches the coaches.
    Shit all over Hamdan. But if Jonathan Smith called that game, it would've been the Bama game & score all over again.
    If you aren't ironically trolling with the sark > ty meme you can DIAFF.

Random play generator under Bush was indistinguishable from random play generator under Smith...

except Bush went against a worse defense, with a better OL, called a browning speed option and QB draw, and didnt even attempt a pass to the RBs after the first quarter.
    Horseshit. Smiffy would've had Jake throwing, and the backs running, sideways all game long, throwing bubble screens and pic 6s. And 3 second delayed RPO hand-offs to the backs getting stuffed 3 yards behind the LOS and an OL in a pass-blocking scheme.

Will take Hamdan over Smiffy 100 times out of 100, for obvious reasons, besides your bad memory.
    Oh, so you are just a regular fucktard, first the stats...

SMITH........UW vs AL - 1st half 21 pass attempts in 8 1st half possessions (2.64 PA/POS)
    HAMDAM...UW vs AU - 1st half 18 pass attempts in 6 1st half possessions (3 PA/POS)

SMITH........UW vs AL Totals - 38 pass attempts 14 possessions; average of 2.7 PA/POS (down double digits after first half)
    HAMDAM...UW vs AU Totals - 32 pass attempts on 11 possessions: average of 2.99 PA/POS (close entire game)

Hamdam nearly called the same number of pass plays, at a higher rate per possession, against a worse defense, with a better OL, in a closer game.

For the game plan...

THE OFFENSE NEEDED TO INCLUDE LATERAL ATTACKS AND UTILIZE OUR TEs AND RBs AGAINST THEIR DEFENSE YOU FUCKSTICK

It was clear from the first series that AU's defensive line was very good and we weren't going to be able to run inside. It was also clear that their LBs were good at filling interior holes and attacking downhill but not the best laterally or in coverage.

ILL SAY IT AGAIN YOU SYPHILIS RIDDLED MORON: Ahmed and Gaskin, our two best players on offense, with skills that match up very favorably against their LBs DID NOT EVEN GET A PASS ATTEMPT AFTER THE FIRST PLAY OF THE 2nd QUARTER FOR THE REST OF THE GAME

Everything about this team on offense from browning's noodle arm and poor decision making, the decent OL, great RBs, good WTEs, and JAG WRs fucking screams for 5-10 yard TE out routes, dump off passes to Ahmed and Gaskin, with the occasional underthrown lob downfield. Every inside run play out of the pistol against Auburn was a wasted play other than to keep their defense honest.

Fuck off
    The game was lost in the Red Zones and by Browning's inability to handle the pressure of the stunts and blitzing LBs. UW piled up almost 400 yards moving the ball up and down the field averaging 9.3 yards per pass without a guy named John Ross on the field. Smiffy averaged 3.9 per pass WITH Ross and Pettis vs. Bama, trying to use lateral plays to get around Bama's D. Jake lacks both the arm strength and quick release necessary to whip the ball quickly to the outside to take advantage of an RB with a step on the closing LB. That's not Hamdan's fault. That's Jake.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,417
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

Two years ago: "You don’t want guys feeling sorry for themselves and moping around. That’s what most people do. I think the true competitors are really irritated about it and trying to figure out how to fix it. Most people think they’re competitors and they’re not. They’re mopers."

I get that Jack has earned the Brownsocks moniker, I've watched him play enough to see his glaring weaknesses. But, the parsing of post game photos for bad "attitude" is preposterous. You guys need to fuck off with this shit. Get some fucking perspective.

Do you doubt his will to win? Do you think he's not giving 100% effort? There no evidence of him not trying.

So get the fuck out of here with the moping bullshit. Dude just lost a tough, close game and likely has a (at least mild?) concussion from that non-targeting call. Is he "moping" or "irritated?" Tell me the fucking difference in that photo.

So, in short, fuck off. Stop bashing the kids and pulling 2 year old quotes to justify it. Bullshit move from bullshit "fan."
    Leave
    Fuck you. Make me bitch.
    What a pussy
    TYpical.
    Yes you typically are a pussy
  • Options

Passion said:

Leave
    Fuck you. Make me bitch.
    What a pussy
    TYpical.
    Such donkey Race.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Passion said:

Leave
    Fuck you. Make me bitch.
    What a pussy
    TYpical.
    Such donkey Race.
    Please be nice to Race.

He's had a bad day.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2018

Passion said:

I agree. I don't think anyone has said a thing about Murphy's hold that cost a field goal. That makes Washington's last drive a field goal attempt to try and win 19-18. They got to 1st and 10 on Auburn 37 on that drive.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Passion said:

Ironic because this place is Moap central. I'm pretty sure Pete had a mental image of this place when he was barking that quote.
  • Options

Passion said:

Leave
    Fuck you. Make me bitch.
    What a pussy
    TYpical.
    Such donkey Race.
    Please be nice to Race.

He's had a bad day.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Some thin skinned pussies around here.

Obk namely. Learn to know when the sky has fallen
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Says the guy still nursing a mortal wound from the duckade.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

The only thing I'm nursing right now is a cold ..

Michelob ultra

Fuck.

I take back all my shit talking for the past 10 years.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Michelob ultra

Fuck.

I accept your surrender.
  • Options

Michelob ultra

Fuck.

I accept your surrender.
    You and ur team = fag

Still
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Profile in courage by @BennyBeaver