Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to the entire board

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    dongman said:

Not sure how there is a moral victory here. Lost to a team that was beatable and UW should have beat. It would be one thing if Auburn was lights out. These are the games that make you sick because they were right there and without some awful play a certain positions this is a W, a season builder. All that talk of focusing on himself sure hasn’t paid off for browning.

it's week 1. neither team is going to be even close to at their best. Auburn could be great, or could be mediocre. So could we.
  • DugdawgDugdawg Member Posts: 308
    No moral victories....I'll say this tho....let's see those pussies come play us HERE.
  • AlkidawgAlkidawg Member Posts: 133

The only solace I take is that UW weathered the early deficit, hostile crowd and bigger faster athletes, and battled back. But a loss

That's not for me to do until the Oregon game.

Good luck with that, NOT
    edited September 2018
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

The only solace I take is that UW weathered the early deficit, hostile crowd and bigger faster athletes, and battled back. But a loss is still a loss.

Much credit to Jen Cohen for scheduling this game and putting ourselves on the line.

Sounds like a morale victory to me.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited September 2018
    Tequilla said:

2 years ago we went to Atlanta and our offense had its shit pushed in ... today that offense put up 400 yards of offense

In 2 trips to Atlanta the defense has given up 17 and 22 points (not counting the pick 6 vs Bama)

We were exposed today in areas where we need to continue to level up ... we’re not there yet but closer than we were 2 years ago

Today was winnable ... we overthought shit a lot ... we’re moving in the right direction. Winning the PAC is definitely realistic as fuck

Appreciate the kind words Teq
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

StrongArmCobra said:
    » show previous quotes
    » show previous quotes
    I disagree. I absolutely value moral victories when our program is still in it's building phase. For a team that has won a national championship in recent memory there should be no moral victories. But UW hasn't done that and they're not there yet.

The progression of any program is lose big, lose close, win close, and then win big. UW took an L today no doubt. But when playing elite teams the program has taken a step forward from losing big to losing close which means we are closer to winning close against elite competition.

I mean fuck we haven't even had a top-10 recruiting class yet and should have beat that fucking Auburn team who have an NFL QB and nasty D-line. As long as I'm seeing the program improve I can't be mad. Disappointed sure, but not mad.

Please to be banning StrongBad nao
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024
    Tequilla said:

2 years ago we went to Atlanta and our offense had its shit pushed in ... today that offense put up 400 yards of offense

In 2 trips to Atlanta the defense has given up 17 and 22 points (not counting the pick 6 vs Bama)

We were exposed today in areas where we need to continue to level up ... we’re not there yet but closer than we were 2 years ago

Today was winnable ... we overthought shit a lot ... we’re moving in the right direction. Winning the PAC is definitely realistic as fuck

The conference is shit, but UW will drop a game that they shouldn't, somewhere. Nobody but maybe USC has the Zulus to pressure Brownsocks, but that won't stop him from running backwards and shoveling the ball into the wrong guy's hands at the wrong time, costing you? a wiin
    The Dawgs are gonna' run the table 11-1, then we will see how we? get effed out of the playoffs.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    BearsWiin said:

Alkidawg said:

The Dawgs are gonna' run the table 11-1, then we will see how we? get effed out of the playoffs.

Cal did our? part to help conference SOS, your welcome
    We? didn’t. Your welcum
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

What about a morale victory?

You definitely had a moral victory with Artavious Pierce or Pearce or FO. G about any spelling errors. That Cat found another gear He didn’t have last year. But of course... that Defense. Yikes. I don’t root for injuries because I’m classy. But Luton should have never been your starter. But you have an offense and that’s a start.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    Tequilla said:

You were exposed at one position. That’s it. Despite the equal stats, which dont mean shit anyway, you ran them up and down the field in the 2nd half. But unfortunately your QB disappears in the RZ against top 20 teams. That won’t change until 2019 at the soonest. Peters is an excellent coach, but not being able to find a replacement for the QB in 4 years is mind boggling.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    It was a moral victory.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,940 Founders Club
    I celebrate morality every day. #bebest