Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ten Things I Want To See Saturday

2»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

If I say 1-10 See @dnc naked would that be acceptable?

YES

A sneak peak for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_wp9sC4QOg
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I know one thing those of us in Atlanta are going to see on Saturday is about 60,000 freaks at Dragoncon. Gonna get weird in Downtown ATL.

hi
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Gaskin runs a great wheel route.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,978
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2. So your saying we need to use Dime as base then they both on the field!

4. Benning's sack is my doogometer metric of the game. If he has 0 sacks TSIO. If he has 3+ sacks 15-0 here we come.

100% Kizer, Sample and Warren will all be on the field together. Auburn fans will go crazy.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

1. A decent fitted Cal cap at the ASUC store or Bancroft Clothing. The one I have sucks, it's made of some synthetic gymclothes material that stinks like ferret ass whenever I sweat in it even the tiniest bit

2. A good heavy-duty bong from either the head shop on Bancroft or Annapurna on Telegraph. A must-have, now that it's legal in this state and I have three teenagers in the house

3. A parking spot in the parking garage between Durant and Channing, across from Kip's. My season ticket miniplan didn't offer a parking pass, so we may have to get into town early to get a decent spot

4. A bock and a top from Top Dog

5. A good pregame rally on Sproul Plaza followed by a stroll through campus up to the stadium

6. A minimum of shit commercial tie-ins on the jumbotron during times out. If I never see another fucking dot race or contest between kids as to who can growl the loudest BROUGHT TO YOU BY BANK OF THE WEST it'll be too soon. Let the Band play, goddammit

7. Coach Wilcox *swoon* looking dapper on the sideline

8. A Cal victory

9. Three cheeseburgers with onion and two orders of french fries from the Coleman Avenue In-n-Out on the way home

10. Victory coitus

No stop at Amobea Music on Telegraph? Sad.
    You misspelled Rasputin
    Yeah, Rasputin looks legit. I've spent a lot of time at Amobea in Haight and the one in Hollywood (RIP). Never been to the OG on in Berkeley.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

1. A decent fitted Cal cap at the ASUC store or Bancroft Clothing. The one I have sucks, it's made of some synthetic gymclothes material that stinks like ferret ass whenever I sweat in it even the tiniest bit

2. A good heavy-duty bong from either the head shop on Bancroft or Annapurna on Telegraph. A must-have, now that it's legal in this state and I have three teenagers in the house

3. A parking spot in the parking garage between Durant and Channing, across from Kip's. My season ticket miniplan didn't offer a parking pass, so we may have to get into town early to get a decent spot

5. A good pregame rally on Sproul Plaza followed by a stroll through campus up to the stadium

6. A minimum of shit commercial tie-ins on the jumbotron during times out. If I never see another fucking dot race or contest between kids as to who can growl the loudest BROUGHT TO YOU BY BANK OF THE WEST it'll be too soon. Let the Band play, goddammit

8. A Cal victory

9. Three cheeseburgers with onion and two orders of french fries from the Coleman Avenue In-n-Out on the way home

10. Victory coitus

You misspelled Rasputin
    Yeah, Rasputin looks legit. I've spent a lot of time at Amobea in Haight and the one in Hollywood (RIP). Never been to the OG on in Berkeley.
    Amoeba wasn't even around when I was an undergrad. If you wanted to find something that you couldn't find anywhere else, you went to Rasputin's.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

8. A Cal victory

10. Victory coitus

You misspelled Rasputin
    Amoeba wasn't even around when I was an undergrad. If you wanted to find something that you couldn't find anywhere else, you went to Rasputin's.
    Yeah @BearsWiin you just missed it. They opened in 1990.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    edited August 2018
    t2 top 3 all time action movie (aliens/die hard)

no fate but what we make for ourselves

then t3 came along and said lol jk, judgment day is inevitable and nothing you do matters to stop it.

still triggered fifteen years later
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

t2 top 3 all time action movie (aliens/die hard)

no fate but what we make for ourselves

then t3 came along and said lol jk, judgment day is inevitable and nothing you do matters to stop it.

still triggered fifteen years later

Genysis took it back to the future is uncertain
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    dnc said:

Besides a Husky win, obviously.

1. Gaskin and Ahmed in the passing game, and I don't just mean screens and dumpoffs. Both these dudes have the ability to make plays in the passing game down the field. Those two and Coleman combined for 45 catches last year. Gaskin and Ahmed need 30 a piece this season - four or five catches combined per game. They can be real threats, and go a long way to alleviate the inexperience at WR (and for now, missing Hunter). I want to see them get 3 or 4 grabs each in this game.

2. Elijah Molden. Yeah we probably give Miles Bryant too much shit and he may not be as big of a liability as we've made him out to be, but Molden has game-changing ability. I want to see him get as many snaps as Bryant does, at least.

3. Ariel Ngata. From outside the 2 deeps and into our hearts. The world (and a particularly gifted high school wide receiver) are watching! But in all seriousness I think he's going to be great and I'd love to see him get his feet wet.

4. Benning Potoae sacks. If this is his coming out year this needs to be his coming out game. Auburn has a talented OL but it hasn't had time to gel together. This is the game we find out if fast food made a difference in BP's game or if he's just not very good. We need him to be good.

5. BBK falling forward. Show us that you're not who we thought you were BBK. Hit somebody and let the other guy take the brunt of it.

6. A made 50 yard field goal before the half. Pete's never had a FG kicker with a leg since he's been here. Let's pop Peyton's left-footed cherry early on and open up some options for the season.

7. A defensive score. Auburn doesn't turn the ball over much but they don't face many secondaries like ours. One of our ballhawks needs to make a play, perhaps with an assist from a pass rusher. We all know a Byron Murphy pick six or two will happen this year. Nothing would be better than this being the game for it.

8. A weapon emerge in the punt return game. Nobody is going to make us forget the GOAT, but I'd like to at least not suck in this phase of the game. We know Pete is going to ensure the blocking is right. Somebody needs to exploit it.

9. Three WTE set. No one is going to be expecting the team from the Pac12 to be the more physical team. UW is capable of it though. Nothing would be more demoralizing to the Tiger defense than UW running all over them in the first half, and nothing makes that likelier than the four whities listed together at the top of the TE depth. We'll use a lot of 2 WTE but I'd love to see a couple 3 WTE sets. Every one of those crackers can block.

10. A couple jump balls to Ty Motherfucking Jones. I believe.

Agree with everything, but the 50+ yard field goal. I have 0 confidence anyone on the team can make a 50+ yarder in this environment and too may horrid things can happen (did you watch Iron Bowl in 2013?, blocked kick, shank, etc). We? all know Pete loves the Browning punt. Pin them deep and let Henry practice those against NDSU.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    BearsWiin said:

8. A Cal victory

10. Victory coitus

1. Couldn't find a good fitted cap but got a decent one from Bancroft Clothing that fits my diminutive cranium.

2. Two bongs from Big Al's, not Whelan's. Probably should have bought them online for cheaper, but I'd made the offer to bribe my youngest to go to the game.

3. Got it. I was nice to the parking attendant on the way in, so she gave me a $35 parking ticket for free.

4. Didn't go to Top Dog.

5. Spent most of the pregame rally reconning bongs on Telegraph, but made it to Sproul in time to walk through campus up to the stadium with the Band.

6. One of the first idiotic commercial tie-ins was the fucking BotW kid growl. FUCK ME. They've started piping in music on 3rd down too, as if the fucking crowd doesn't know when to make noise. Too many Fox Spurts TV times out completely fucks up the flow of the game.

7. Saw him from a distance, so I only got a little squishy in my privates

8. Left at halftime and a 17-0 lead. Almost gave it away late, but nice to see us? give up 124 total yards in UNC's first 13 possessions. We need a QB

9. Only two cheeseburgers and one order of fries, any more than that and I get heartburn

10. Too much football to watch (recording of the UW/Auburn game, BYU/UA late). Waited until Sunday morning
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    Here are the 10 things I want to see:

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    dnc said:

Besides a Husky win, obviously.

1. Gaskin and Ahmed in the passing game, and I don't just mean screens and dumpoffs. Both these dudes have the ability to make plays in the passing game down the field. Those two and Coleman combined for 45 catches last year. Gaskin and Ahmed need 30 a piece this season - four or five catches combined per game. They can be real threats, and go a long way to alleviate the inexperience at WR (and for now, missing Hunter). I want to see them get 3 or 4 grabs each in this game.

Didn't happen

3. Elijah Molden. Yeah we probably give Miles Bryant too much shit and he may not be as big of a liability as we've made him out to be, but Molden has game-changing ability. I want to see him get as many snaps as Bryant does, at least.

Didn't happen but Bryant was probably the best DB so yeah

3. Ariel Ngata. From outside the 2 deeps and into our hearts. The world (and a particularly gifted high school wide receiver) are watching! But in all seriousness I think he's going to be great and I'd love to see him get his feet wet.

He looks fantastic

5. Benning Potoae sacks. If this is his coming out year this needs to be his coming out game. Auburn has a talented OL but it hasn't had time to gel together. This is the game we find out if fast food made a difference in BP's game or if he's just not very good. We need him to be good.

Ugh

5. BBK falling forward. Show us that you're not who we thought you were BBK. Hit somebody and let the other guy take the brunt of it.

6. A made 50 yard field goal before the half. Pete's never had a FG kicker with a leg since he's been here. Let's pop Peyton's left-footed cherry early on and open up some options for the season.

LOLNO

7. A defensive score. Auburn doesn't turn the ball over much but they don't face many secondaries like ours. One of our ballhawks needs to make a play, perhaps with an assist from a pass rusher. We all know a Byron Murphy pick six or two will happen this year. Nothing would be better than this being the game for it.

Not causing any turnovers was the biggest disappointment in the game.

9. A weapon emerge in the punt return game. Nobody is going to make us forget the GOAT, but I'd like to at least not suck in this phase of the game. We know Pete is going to ensure the blocking is right. Somebody needs to exploit it.

Have to force punts first.

9. Three WTE set. No one is going to be expecting the team from the Pac12 to be the more physical team. UW is capable of it though. Nothing would be more demoralizing to the Tiger defense than UW running all over them in the first half, and nothing makes that likelier than the four whities listed together at the top of the TE depth. We'll use a lot of 2 WTE but I'd love to see a couple 3 WTE sets. Every one of those crackers can block.

Didn't see much at all.

10. A couple jump balls to Ty Motherfucking Jones. I believe.

This happened. He's ready.

Overall, more misses than hits.

What a dud you are @dnc!