Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ten Things I Want To See Saturday

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited August 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
Besides a Husky win, obviously.

1. Gaskin and Ahmed in the passing game, and I don't just mean screens and dumpoffs. Both these dudes have the ability to make plays in the passing game down the field. Those two and Coleman combined for 45 catches last year. Gaskin and Ahmed need 30 a piece this season - four or five catches combined per game. They can be real threats, and go a long way to alleviate the inexperience at WR (and for now, missing Hunter). I want to see them get 3 or 4 grabs each in this game.

2. Elijah Molden. Yeah we probably give Miles Bryant too much shit and he may not be as big of a liability as we've made him out to be, but Molden has game-changing ability. I want to see him get as many snaps as Bryant does, at least.

3. Ariel Ngata. From outside the 2 deeps and into our hearts. The world (and a particularly gifted high school wide receiver) are watching! But in all seriousness I think he's going to be great and I'd love to see him get his feet wet.

4. Benning Potoae sacks. If this is his coming out year this needs to be his coming out game. Auburn has a talented OL but it hasn't had time to gel together. This is the game we find out if fast food made a difference in BP's game or if he's just not very good. We need him to be good.

5. BBK falling forward. Show us that you're not who we thought you were BBK. Hit somebody and let the other guy take the brunt of it.

6. A made 50 yard field goal before the half. Pete's never had a FG kicker with a leg since he's been here. Let's pop Peyton's left-footed cherry early on and open up some options for the season.

7. A defensive score. Auburn doesn't turn the ball over much but they don't face many secondaries like ours. One of our ballhawks needs to make a play, perhaps with an assist from a pass rusher. We all know a Byron Murphy pick six or two will happen this year. Nothing would be better than this being the game for it.

8. A weapon emerge in the punt return game. Nobody is going to make us forget the GOAT, but I'd like to at least not suck in this phase of the game. We know Pete is going to ensure the blocking is right. Somebody needs to exploit it.

9. Three WTE set. No one is going to be expecting the team from the Pac12 to be the more physical team. UW is capable of it though. Nothing would be more demoralizing to the Tiger defense than UW running all over them in the first half, and nothing makes that likelier than the four whities listed together at the top of the TE depth. We'll use a lot of 2 WTE but I'd love to see a couple 3 WTE sets. Every one of those crackers can block.

10. A couple jump balls to Ty Motherfucking Jones. I believe.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    God damn it, The doog in me hopes for the same thing
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    AEB said:

11a. More thoughtful substitutions on defense. In the Alabama game, 'Bama's first drive where they moved the ball and scored was on our second team. We thought it was a good idea to rest the 1st team front 7, and bam. The guys have two weeks before they play anything resembling a meaningful game. NO WHOLE SCALE SUBSTITUTIONS! Leave starters in there while rotating for rest.

11b. No Stanford '17 defensive strategy, i.e. 2 DL against a superior OL. The 2-2-2-5 works against Pac and Wac teams (with the exception of Stanford). Against more physical teams, you gotta keep 3 DL in. Per the Depth Chart, I think they're leaning this way, but in case someone reads these boards, 3 DL AT ALL TIMES.

We played 3 DL consistently versus Bama, I expect a 3 DL look in this one.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

1. A decent fitted Cal cap at the ASUC store or Bancroft Clothing. The one I have sucks, it's made of some synthetic gymclothes material that stinks like ferret ass whenever I sweat in it even the tiniest bit

2. A good heavy-duty bong from either the head shop on Bancroft or Annapurna on Telegraph. A must-have, now that it's legal in this state and I have three teenagers in the house

3. A parking spot in the parking garage between Durant and Channing, across from Kip's. My season ticket miniplan didn't offer a parking pass, so we may have to get into town early to get a decent spot

4. A bock and a top from Top Dog

5. A good pregame rally on Sproul Plaza followed by a stroll through campus up to the stadium

6. A minimum of shit commercial tie-ins on the jumbotron during times out. If I never see another fucking dot race or contest between kids as to who can growl the loudest BROUGHT TO YOU BY BANK OF THE WEST it'll be too soon. Let the Band play, goddammit

7. Coach Wilcox *swoon* looking dapper on the sideline

8. A Cal victory

9. Three cheeseburgers with onion and two orders of french fries from the Coleman Avenue In-n-Out on the way home

10. Victory coitus

No stop at Amobea Music on Telegraph? Sad.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BearsWiin said:

1. A decent fitted Cal cap at the ASUC store or Bancroft Clothing. The one I have sucks, it's made of some synthetic gymclothes material that stinks like ferret ass whenever I sweat in it even the tiniest bit

2. A good heavy-duty bong from either the head shop on Bancroft or Annapurna on Telegraph. A must-have, now that it's legal in this state and I have three teenagers in the house

3. A parking spot in the parking garage between Durant and Channing, across from Kip's. My season ticket miniplan didn't offer a parking pass, so we may have to get into town early to get a decent spot

5. A good pregame rally on Sproul Plaza followed by a stroll through campus up to the stadium

6. A minimum of shit commercial tie-ins on the jumbotron during times out. If I never see another fucking dot race or contest between kids as to who can growl the loudest BROUGHT TO YOU BY BANK OF THE WEST it'll be too soon. Let the Band play, goddammit

8. A Cal victory

9. Three cheeseburgers with onion and two orders of french fries from the Coleman Avenue In-n-Out on the way home

10. Victory coitus

No stop at Amobea Music on Telegraph? Sad.
    You misspelled Rasputin
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I know one thing those of us in Atlanta are going to see on Saturday is about 60,000 freaks at Dragoncon. Gonna get weird in Downtown ATL.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I know one thing those of us in Atlanta are going to see on Saturday is about 60,000 freaks at Dragoncon. Gonna get weird in Downtown ATL.

Sooo... who’s got the dragon/husky/tiger furry hentai?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

8. A Cal victory

10. Victory coitus

Those hundreds of Cal fans really take up the parking spots
    *thud*

I stayed at the Travel Lodge and walked to the game uphill both ways in the snow

And was THANKFUL to do so
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    #1 It would be nice to see a reliable fucking kicking game
    #2 good reception from my shaky 5 frame a second feed from Kazakstan
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

#1 It would be nice to see a reliable fucking kicking game
    #2 good reception from my shaky 5 frame a second feed from Kazakstan

приветствие вам на Байконуре
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Байконуре superiority guy
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited August 2018
    75/25 pass/run percentage

gaskin acl

more lunch pail guys on defense.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    If I say 1-10 See @dnc naked would that be acceptable?