Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Favorite Tom Clancy movie

ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
The book talk got me thinking, what’s your favorite? I’m only doing ones based on actual novels, so sorry to all the Chris Pine/Shadow Recruit fans out there.

Favorite Tom Clancy movie 23 votes

The Hunt for Red October
69%
SwayeSoutherndawgBennyBeaverThomasFremontMad_SonDeepSeaZCokeGreaterThanPepsidncchuckGrundleStiltzkinHuskyInAZseatownfunkDoog_de_JourYellowSnowjhfstyle24LesGrossman 16 votes
Patriot Games
21%
section8Tequillabiak1NEsnake12El_K 5 votes
Clear and Present Danger
8%
greenbloodYouKnowIt 2 votes
The Sum of All Fears
0%

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,893
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Hunt for Red October
    Your pole is soft and easy. Not super hard like my Coen bros pole.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    The Hunt for Red October
    Quite easily. Patriot Games was solid, Clear & Present decent. Sum was a PC sell out shitshow
  • Options
    The Hunt for Red October
    I expect a certain winner, but there’s only one wrong choice...
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    The Hunt for Red October
    One of my favorite things to quote in a crisis situation:

https://youtu.be/0-JA1ffd5Ms
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    The Hunt for Red October

One of my favorite things to quote in a crisis situation:

https://youtu.be/0-JA1ffd5Ms

#MyFred
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    The Hunt for Red October

Look, Red October is gonna win in a landslide and we all know it. The submarine movie is such a strong genre it’s almost unfair to the rest. Add in Sean Connery and I don’t even care if Alex Baldwin kinda sucks.

BUT...Patriot Games is fucking excellent. A dive into international terrorism before we? Americans really cared. The spycraft elements are fun. And the exploration of fringe rebel groups should appeal to the crowd here. Also the church says wearing a rubber is a sin.

I probably watched Clear and Present Danger 100x on VHS growing up. It’s the only movie with Clark (fuck that Ben Aflec POS version, doesn’t count) so we get a dive into covert special ops, the failed drug war, cocaine, and probably one of the coolest shootout car action scenes ever (RIP white Suburbans). We also get Chavez, a pure fucking bad ass.

I’d rewatch all 3 to this day.

Patriot Games is damn good. While I felt Harrison Ford was too old to play Jack Ryan, he did a stellar job.

And his Clear and Present Danger stuff contributed largely to this funny supercut:

https://youtu.be/K4Rqx9TvtlM
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2018
    The Hunt for Red October

Look, Red October is gonna win in a landslide and we all know it. The submarine movie is such a strong genre it’s almost unfair to the rest. Add in Sean Connery and I don’t even care if Alex Baldwin kinda sucks.

BUT...Patriot Games is fucking excellent. A dive into international terrorism before we? Americans really cared. The spycraft elements are fun. And the exploration of fringe rebel groups should appeal to the crowd here. Also the church says wearing a rubber is a sin.

I probably watched Clear and Present Danger 100x on VHS growing up. It’s the only movie with Clark (fuck that Ben Aflec POS version, doesn’t count) so we get a dive into covert special ops, the failed drug war, cocaine, and probably one of the coolest shootout car action scenes ever (RIP white Suburbans). We also get Chavez, a pure fucking bad ass.

Patriot Games is damn good. While I felt Harrison Ford was too old to play Jack Ryan, he did a stellar job.

And his Clear and Present Danger stuff contributed largely to this funny supercut:

Bingo. I’d love Harry Ford but that was the wrong casting. Dafoe as John Clark was worse but whatever.

I’ve been known to wave a paper, hamburger, beer, whatever in front of someone’s face and ask, “You don’t have one of these, do you, Jack?” I even once whilst corching youth football and watching film slurped from a cup and softly said, “That is a kill,” gesturing at the screen during a big hit. One other guy got it. It was a big moment for me.

Still, “one ping only” is the shit. And “Shum shings in this ruom don’t react well to boolletts.”
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    The Hunt for Red October
    Thanks Freemie now you got me pissed. Sum of all Fears was a fantastic book. Maybe too intricate for s movie. Regardless It deserved far far better than that steaming pile they turned out. White supremasists ... Chinexcusable.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    The Hunt for Red October

Bingo. I’d love Harry Ford but that was the wrong casting. Dafoe as John Clark was worse but whatever.

I’ve been known to wave a paper, hamburger, beer, whatever in front of someone’s face and ask, “You don’t have one of these, do you, Jack?” I even once whilst corching youth football and watching film slurped from a cup and softly said, “That is a kill,” gesturing at the screen during a big hit. One other guy got it. It was a big moment for me.

Still, “one ping only” is the shit. And “Shum shings in this ruom don’t react well to boolletts.”
    Heh. At work when someone fucks up multiple times I say this in my head:

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    The Hunt for Red October

But do you rub the bridge of your nose?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    The Hunt for Red October

But do you rub the bridge of your nose?
    Sure do. It’s the new Face Palm.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    The Hunt for Red October
    Flying gas can
    You son of a BITCH!
    I would have liked to have seen Montana
    Dimensions for playmate of the month
    Shumthing as shimple as shlipping on tea
    You want to bet your life on that?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,893
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Hunt for Red October

Flying gas can
    You son of a BITCH!
    I would have liked to have seen Montana
    Dimensions for playmate of the month
    Shumthing as shimple as shlipping on tea
    You want to bet your life on that?

You missed the lead...

#our?fred

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    The Hunt for Red October
    +
    I know thish book!
    And I... was never here
    I'm talking about that industrial waste puke
    ... so that a man could walk from Greenland to Iceland to Scotland without getting his feet wet.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,269
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I watched Enemy of the State again the other day - 1998 movie. Its interesting going back to 90's movies and seeing the surveillance state and anti terror in a pre 9-11 lens. The gubmint has been playing us for a long time

Gene Hackman character talked about the telecom giants selling out to the Feds in the 40's

• Options
    The Hunt for Red October
    Buckaroos
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    The Hunt for Red October
    Where the shun is warm, and sho is the comradeship
    We will conduct misshile drills and listen to their rock and roll
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    The Hunt for Red October

Why didn't Cardinal in the Kremlin ever get made?

Good call. I've always been hoping for the hot Ed & Mary Pat sex scene.