Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Aug 28, 1968 - the day TUFF logging camp liberalism died

124»

Comments

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

Since that time the left has turned in to lap dogs of the government agencies demanding that we all conform to their vision of America or else

I agree with the article @YellowSnow posted a link to. By the way, excellent article @YellowSnow.

The characterization in the article of what happened in 1968 is the death of liberalism within the democrat party as the left took control. ".... After killing off the traditional liberal Democratic party they despised, they would go on to take over the corpse and make it the host of America’s radical Left, from Jerry Brown to Bernie Sanders — with George McGovern, Nancy Pelosi, and Barack Obama as their front men. ....... a party obsessed with social justice, identity politics, and America’s past sins."

Rather than the left becoming "lap dogs" of the government the ultimate goal of the left is to take control of the government so that they can demand we all conform to their vision of America or else. An age old story that has played out in many other countries.
    There is nothing radical about Nancy pelosi and Barack Obama. Radically neoliberal perhaps
    Things radical leftists say for 200 Alex.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

@pawz v 28 national guardsmen

Who ya got?

I like Peace & Understanding in this one

An M-14 is a vicious rifle.
    I want one so dearly
    7.62 NATO ain't no .30-06 but it's got a lot more thump than 5.56
    The guy getting shot can't tell you the difference!
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2018
    Sledog said:

Who ya got?

I want one so dearly
    5.56 Nato - 1755J
    .30-06 - 2820 J

They both will kill you ded, one will just make you more ded.

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

dhdawg said:

Since that time the left has turned in to lap dogs of the government agencies demanding that we all conform to their vision of America or else

I agree with the article @YellowSnow posted a link to. By the way, excellent article @YellowSnow.

The characterization in the article of what happened in 1968 is the death of liberalism within the democrat party as the left took control. ".... After killing off the traditional liberal Democratic party they despised, they would go on to take over the corpse and make it the host of America’s radical Left, from Jerry Brown to Bernie Sanders — with George McGovern, Nancy Pelosi, and Barack Obama as their front men. ....... a party obsessed with social justice, identity politics, and America’s past sins."

Rather than the left becoming "lap dogs" of the government the ultimate goal of the left is to take control of the government so that they can demand we all conform to their vision of America or else. An age old story that has played out in many other countries.
    There is nothing radical about Nancy pelosi and Barack Obama. Radically neoliberal perhaps
    yep. I am radical, they are not.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,676
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Who ya got?

For the people. By the people. It should NEVER come to this standoff.

It was a sad day indeed when the left lost this principal for good.

November 22, 1963

Irregardless I’ll take the Natty Guard and lay the points.

#freemoney
    The one thing the left excells at is dodging the poont.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sledog said:

Who ya got?

I want one so dearly
    5.56 Nato - 1755J
    .30-06 - 2820 J

They both will kill you ded, one will just make you more ded.

I was talking 30-06 vs. 7,62 NATO/308 Win. Ballistically identical in military ball loadings.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

dhdawg said: