Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Consumer confidence at an 18 year high

Comments

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:
    They're embarrassing themselves. Classical lust for power driving the narrative bus into the ridiculous ditch.

The economy under Obama experienced the slowest recovery from recession since the great depression. As the article points out Q4 2015 and Q1 2016 saw growth rates of 0.90% and 0.80%. Pathetic. Obama regulations strangled the economy. Trump is elected, he proceeds to deregulate and cut taxes, and now, last quarter's growth rate was 4.2%. That's all Trump and Republicans in both chambers of congress. #resistlmfao
    It’s almost like the recession was the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression...
    The recession was over long before we were told the "new normal" was 1% to 2% growth. Obama regulated the economy to a halt. In a sense Obama did set up Trump quite nicely. All Trump had to do to unleash the economy is the opposite of his predecessor.
    When in your mind did the recession end?
    According to the National Bureau of Economic Research, it lasted approximately 18 months, ending in October of 2009. It lasted just two months longer than the recession under Reagan, prior to the exploding economy he delivered. The post recession economic performance under Obama was astonishingly worse, in fact the worst in nearly 80 years.
    Is unemployment an economic performance indicator? Why don't you compare unemployment under Obama to Reagan. You might be surprised.

Not to mention that a recession started under Reagan. The last recession to start under a Democrat president was under Carter.
    Will I still be surprised if the criteria of what constitutes ‘unemployment’ is standardized?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/5/obamas-fudged-unemployment-numbers/
    The Department of Labor reported Friday that total nonfarm payroll employment increased by a net 114,000 in September. This poor showing — it reflects a 28,000 drop from the previous month — should have resulted in unemployment increasing by a tenth of a percent. Instead, it dropped by 0.3 percent to 7.8 percent. Call that Chicago-style math.

Is this guy retarded? How would a net increase of 114,000 result in unemployment? It doesn't matter that August had more gains, they both increased.

This is your evidence? Jesus.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:
    They're embarrassing themselves. Classical lust for power driving the narrative bus into the ridiculous ditch.

The economy under Obama experienced the slowest recovery from recession since the great depression. As the article points out Q4 2015 and Q1 2016 saw growth rates of 0.90% and 0.80%. Pathetic. Obama regulations strangled the economy. Trump is elected, he proceeds to deregulate and cut taxes, and now, last quarter's growth rate was 4.2%. That's all Trump and Republicans in both chambers of congress. #resistlmfao
    It’s almost like the recession was the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression...
    The recession was over long before we were told the "new normal" was 1% to 2% growth. Obama regulated the economy to a halt. In a sense Obama did set up Trump quite nicely. All Trump had to do to unleash the economy is the opposite of his predecessor.
    According to the National Bureau of Economic Research, it lasted approximately 18 months, ending in October of 2009. It lasted just two months longer than the recession under Reagan, prior to the exploding economy he delivered. The post recession economic performance under Obama was astonishingly worse, in fact the worst in nearly 80 years.
    Is unemployment an economic performance indicator? Why don't you compare unemployment under Obama to Reagan. You might be surprised.

Not to mention that a recession started under Reagan. The last recession to start under a Democrat president was under Carter.
    slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/chatterbox/2009/05/bill_clintons_classy_moment.html

Nebraska classy Bill

Lying little hondo
    What exactly was I lying about again?
  • Options

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

Will I still be surprised if the criteria of what constitutes ‘unemployment’ is standardized?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/5/obamas-fudged-unemployment-numbers/
    Good boy!

Sep. 7, 2012

“Unemployment rate only dropped because more people are out of labor force & have stopped looking for work. Not a real recovery, phony numbers”

Oct. 19, 2012
    "7.8% unemployment number is a complete fraud as evidenced by the jobless claims number released yesterday. Real unemployment is at least 15%”

Aug. 11, 2013
    “We can rev up this economy like it should be, not with false numbers like 7.4 percent unemployment. But with real numbers.”

May 31, 2014
    “Unemployment is a totally phony number.”

June 16, 2015
    “Our real unemployment is anywhere from 18 to 20 percent. Don't believe the 5.6. Don't believe it.”

Aug. 11, 2015
    “Then you hear there's a 5.4 percent unemployment. It's really — if you add it up, it's probably 40 percent if you think about it.”

Aug. 30, 2015
    “They show those phony statistics where we are 5.4 percent unemployment. The real number, I saw a number that could be 42 percent, believe it or not.”

Sept. 28, 2015
    “I hear 5.3 percent unemployment, that is the biggest joke there is in this country. That number is so false.”

Sept. 29, 2015
    “The number is not reflective. I have seen numbers of 24 percent. I saw a number of 42 percent unemployment. … That number is so false.”

Oct. 9, 2015
    “They say 5.3 percent employment. The number is probably 32 percent.”

Oct. 11, 2015
    “Nobody has jobs. … It is not a real economy. It is a phony set of numbers. They cooked the books.”

Jan. 17, 2016
    “Look again, you hear these phony jobs numbers? People that gave up looking for jobs? They are considered employed.”

Feb. 9, 2016
    “Don't believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment. As high as 35 — as in fact, I heard recently, 42 percent.”

March 12, 2016
    “The numbers are phony. These are all phony numbers. Numbers given to politicians to look good. These are phony numbers.”

May 24, 2016
    “You hear a 5 percent unemployment rate. It's such a phony number. That number was put in for presidents and for politicians so that they look good to the people.”

July 7, 2016
    “The phony 5 percent numbers that we hear about with the unemployment.”

Aug. 8, 2016
    “The 5 percent figure is one of the biggest hoaxes in modern politics.”

Nov. 4, 2016
    “The terrible jobs report that just came out … you can see phony numbers, 5 percent.”

Dec. 8, 2016
    “The unemployment number, as you know, is totally fiction.”
    I'm just glad U6 unemployment is irrelevant again.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Mosster47 said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

What regulations did Obama put in place that caused harm to the economy? What regulations did Trump overturn to unleash the economy?
    I've probably asked this question a thousand times in the last decade and have never received an answer. Not even a talk around, just end of conversation.
    Abd as you predicted, crickets
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,304
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I just pleased as punch with the progress Trump has made

We've gone from the left telling us he is a moron who will screw everything up to a guy who has kept the wonderful Obama economy humming

I guess LEAVING TPP and NAFTA and gutting regulations and giving us a tax cut and corps a tax cut really was a good thing since we're just as good off now as we were under Obama who didn't do shit other than runing health insurance

Happy days!
  • Options
    Leaving TPP was one of the dumbest things he's done yet. That agreement was completely in the US's favor.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

We've gone from the left telling us he is a moron who will screw everything up to a guy who has kept the wonderful Obama economy humming

I guess LEAVING TPP and NAFTA and gutting regulations and giving us a tax cut and corps a tax cut really was a good thing since we're just as good off now as we were under Obama who didn't do shit other than runing health insurance

Happy days!

We didn't leave NAFTA and TPP was dead long before he was even elected.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

Happy days!

Leaving TPP was one of the dumbest things he's done yet. That agreement was completely in the US's favor.

Rewrite!
  • Options

dhdawg said:

Happy days!

Rewrite!
    Race struggling with reading comprehension again.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

Happy days!

Rewrite!
    It wasn't dead imo. We were going to set the rules for trade in Asia, instead the 11 other countries are moving on without us.

The dichotomy of complaining about China's influence while pulling out of TPP was hilarious.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TPP was dead but leaving it was the dumbest thing ever

I read just fine
  • Options

Happy days!

Exactly what regulations were gutted that's helping the economy?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Happy days!

As I wrote earlier we all know your schtick. Ask for a link then move the goalposts

Fuck off is too good for you
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Happy days!

I can finally cover my house in asbestos.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

Happy days!

I'm hearing the world's in flames soon. Good move.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

Happy days!

Lead paint works better
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Happy days!

And burn coal in your yard for electricity.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/chatterbox/2009/05/bill_clintons_classy_moment.html

Nebraska classy Bill

Lying little hondo
    I used to disagree and dislike a fair amount of @RaceBannon's posts.

Then I encountered Hondo in the Tug. And nothing can unite enemies faster.
    And that right there tells you why our Country is so fucked up right now in a nutshell.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

The Department of Labor reported Friday that total nonfarm payroll employment increased by a net 114,000 in September. This poor showing — it reflects a 28,000 drop from the previous month — should have resulted in unemployment increasing by a tenth of a percent. Instead, it dropped by 0.3 percent to 7.8 percent. Call that Chicago-style math.

Is this guy retarded? How would a net increase of 114,000 result in unemployment? It doesn't matter that August had more gains, they both increased.

This is your evidence? Jesus.
    It’s very well possible that is when new HS grads that didn’t go to college were, or should have been added to the numbers???
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Happy days!

As I wrote earlier we all know your schtick. Ask for a link then move the goalposts

Fuck off is too good for you
    I missed this post. Yes when you post bullshit links that have nothing to do with the point. I'm gonna call bullshit. But you, sir, never post an original thought or anything you can support. This one should be easy. The laws are all public record so it should be easy for you to point specific laws.