Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Charles Kelly isn't fucking around

Comments

• Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Doogles said:

I'm still on the Chip bandwagon. He is unorthodox and super abrasive.

No doubt being behind the scenes at Oregon before being the head guy helped that transition, but if you can wait out the storm the results are there. He drafted files, super bowl mvp. I remember in Philly players were complaining how he ran them too hard before games and it made them tired, but stats and analytics showed they were performing better.

Maybe UCLA is cursed, can't explain Ricks implosion, but if they ride the next 3 ugly years out it will get better.

High octane smoke and mirrors spread offense with small, fast players had a shelf life. Oregon pushed it to the extreme and got further than any other team has (and probably ever will) using that system and those types of players. Even a Heisman QB wasn't good enough. There is no substitute for SEC style, smash mouth football when you're playing the top teams in the nation, so that's where we went. Stanford is always near the top of the conference and they did that by playing a different brand of football than most of the other PAC 12 teams. We out-Stanforded Stanford (not my term, axe Herbstreit) for most of that game, and will probably go to Palo Alto next year and deliver an epic ass kicking.

Look for the recruits upcoming..

That will tell the tale..
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    SECDAWG said:

Doogles said:

No doubt being behind the scenes at Oregon before being the head guy helped that transition, but if you can wait out the storm the results are there. He drafted files, super bowl mvp. I remember in Philly players were complaining how he ran them too hard before games and it made them tired, but stats and analytics showed they were performing better.

Maybe UCLA is cursed, can't explain Ricks implosion, but if they ride the next 3 ugly years out it will get better.

High octane smoke and mirrors spread offense with small, fast players had a shelf life. Oregon pushed it to the extreme and got further than any other team has (and probably ever will) using that system and those types of players. Even a Heisman QB wasn't good enough. There is no substitute for SEC style, smash mouth football when you're playing the top teams in the nation, so that's where we went. Stanford is always near the top of the conference and they did that by playing a different brand of football than most of the other PAC 12 teams. We out-Stanforded Stanford (not my term, axe Herbstreit) for most of that game, and will probably go to Palo Alto next year and deliver an epic ass kicking.

Currently sitting at #3 in the nation in 2019 behind only Alabama and Texas A&M.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,405
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

SECDAWG said:

Doogles said:

Currently sitting at #3 in the nation in 2019 behind only Alabama and Texas A&M.
    Check back after your three game losing streak
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Doogles said:

You poor ignorant fool you.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Best part of this supposed duck resurgence is that any success Christobal has will instantly translate into him leaving Eugene for the SEC or the pros. Eugene rivals Pullman for shitty, backwoods hellholes in the Pac12, and it's good for one thing and one thing only: Running.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    Eugene has hundreds more homeless bums and way fewer hot Bellevue chicks with daddy issues than Pullman.
  • Options

Best part of this supposed duck resurgence is that any success Christobal has will instantly translate into him leaving Eugene for the SEC or the pros. Eugene rivals Pullman for shitty, backwoods hellholes in the Pac12, and it's good for one thing and one thing only: Running.

Yeah I disagree with this. Cristobal will be in Eugene for a few years almost assuredly. To me, that is good news.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Some truth to this. But for those options, he would have to win bigly.

Because believe it or not, the vast majority of the country is not sitting on pins and needles waiting to see the outcome of the UW/Oregon game, which is sad because it's the best actual rivalry in the conference. Cal/Furd is a pillow fight. Sorry guys. And the closest thing SC has to an historical rival is Notre Dame. Nobody GAF about the Civil War, USC/UCLA, Arizona/ASU or the pitiful Apple Cup, which is almost embarrassing for UW to be a part of.

So if Cristo challenges for conference titles and makes it to good bowls and is seen as respectable, Oregon will write the checks necessary to keep him.

The situation Ducks should fear is Cristo winning bigly AND Richt not working out at Miami. If the Miami jerb ever opened up and Mario were a desired replacement, he gone snowflake. Being Cuban on the west coast is like being a fish out of water: we don't belong out here. No offense, but you're not our kind of people. Everybody thinks we're Mexican, and we're? very different from them?. And, there's no place quite like Miami, which is home for him.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,405
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The 60's and early 70's were the gold age of the Battle of LA

Ohio State v Michigan followed by a sunny LA Coliseum game between SC and UCLA. Winners met in the Rose Bowl

New money started fucking with that as did expanded TV rights
  • Options

Wrong. If he's successful, Oregon will pay him well from the bottomless treasury.

• Options
    edited October 2018

Because believe it or not, the vast majority of the country is not sitting on pins and needles waiting to see the outcome of the UW/Oregon game, which is sad because it's the best actual rivalry in the conference. Cal/Furd is a pillow fight. Sorry guys. And the closest thing SC has to an historical rival is Notre Dame. Nobody GAF about the Civil War, USC/UCLA, Arizona/ASU or the pitiful Apple Cup, which is almost embarrassing for UW to be a part of.

So if Cristo challenges for conference titles and makes it to good bowls and is seen as respectable, Oregon will write the checks necessary to keep him.

The situation Ducks should fear is Cristo winning bigly AND Richt not working out at Miami. If the Miami jerb ever opened up and Mario were a desired replacement, he gone snowflake. Being Cuban on the west coast is like being a fish out of water: we don't belong out here. No offense, but you're not our kind of people. Everybody thinks we're Mexican, and we're? very different from them?. And, there's no place quite like Miami, which is home for him.

I'm a Richt fan. I hope Richt is very successful there.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I'm a Richt fan. I hope Richt is very successful there.
    #metoo
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,600
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Doogles said:

Either that

Or you'll get plungered lke always
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

SECDAWG said:

Doogles said:

I think we're a little past that possibility gramps.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Doogles said:

Either that

Doesn't it feel shitty to talk smack when your team lost to SDSU?
  • Options

SECDAWG said:

Doogles said:

There won't be one.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Christobal to USC when Helton gets Tarmac'd. Cook it.
  • Options

Cristobal is building a winner in Eugene and won't leave for USC. Chris Petersen might though.
  • Options

Cristobal is building a winner in Eugene and won't leave for USC. Chris Petersen might though.
    Petersen already turned USC down. Can’t say that for Mario.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,600
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Mosster47 said:

Doogles said:

Either that

Doesn't it feel shitty to talk smack when your team lost to SDSU?
    Nope . Crushing oregon is gonna be great