Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Charles Kelly isn't fucking around

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,261
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UCLA was as good as any team we played last year talent wise. Made the rare win that much more fun especially when the 5 star frosh got a 15 yard penalty and looked like he wanted to cry

Chip has the raw material. I think its our conference loss this year
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

UCLA was as good as any team we played last year talent wise. Made the rare win that much more fun especially when the 5 star frosh got a 15 yard penalty and looked like he wanted to cry

Just remains to be seen whether Chippy has the stuff for a part deux. Few corches in the anals of history do.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

A unique challenge for Chipper. He was able to recruit the team (Offense anyway) that He needed at Oregon for 2 years before being handed the reigns.

This more resembles what He had at Philly minus a briefly resurrected Michael Vick. He was a genius and changed College Football at Oregon. But the blueprint has been out for many years on how to defend that Offense.

However if He is able to get the 4 and 5 Star talent to run that Offense, they’ll score big on 81% of the teams they play. That won’t happen for 2 or 3 years though, if it ever does.

Chip will win big at UCLA
    He could. I’d say it’s 50/50 As to if they see a NY6 Bowl. The program is way behind Stanford,UW and SC now. He’s behind Oregon as well. Arizona and Utah are slightly ahead of him. I’d say He’s about even with Cal and CU now. WSU, ASU and OS are in rebuild mode where it looks like UCLA has a better program than them. He has a lot of teams to leapfrog.
    Wtf are you talking about. We aren't in rebuild mode
    You are. You just don’t know it yet.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Not a good start for the Fighting Belly’s. This is a long rebuild.
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,007
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

salemcoog said:

A unique challenge for Chipper. He was able to recruit the team (Offense anyway) that He needed at Oregon for 2 years before being handed the reigns.

This more resembles what He had at Philly minus a briefly resurrected Michael Vick. He was a genius and changed College Football at Oregon. But the blueprint has been out for many years on how to defend that Offense.

However if He is able to get the 4 and 5 Star talent to run that Offense, they’ll score big on 81% of the teams they play. That won’t happen for 2 or 3 years though, if it ever does.

Vs who?
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

UW is going to kill UCLA.
  • Options

I would think so, but it's been a long time since we beat UCLA on the road.
    Of all programs to hold Husky kryptonite. Those hapless perennially underperforming powered blue fancy boys.

I can't remember their last big impressive win. And IDGAF.
  • Options
    With you clothes or later?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Just remains to be seen whether Chippy has the stuff for a part deux. Few corches in the anals of history do.
    A great point. I can't remember which thread it was, but there was a great discussion about this in the off-season. It is exceedingly rare for a coach to pull it off multiple times, although the coaching graveyards are filled with people who tried. That's makes Urban and Saban etc all the more impressive.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

He could. I’d say it’s 50/50 As to if they see a NY6 Bowl. The program is way behind Stanford,UW and SC now. He’s behind Oregon as well. Arizona and Utah are slightly ahead of him. I’d say He’s about even with Cal and CU now. WSU, ASU and OS are in rebuild mode where it looks like UCLA has a better program than them. He has a lot of teams to leapfrog.
    What mode would you say ASU is in?
    Same as Cal. Permanently shitty.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Mosster47 said:

ntxduck said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

What mode would you say ASU is in?
    Same as Arizona. Permanently shitty.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Of all programs to hold Husky kryptonite. Those hapless perennially underperforming powered blue fancy boys.

Thy are horrible and I don't think Chip will do anything of note there, but until we beat them, I'm worried.
    I'm not worried at all anymore and it's arguably the easiest game left on our schedule.

Chip sucks. 1-15 cemented it. He was a right place, right time coach. He's just collecting a fat paycheck at this point.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Thy are horrible and I don't think Chip will do anything of note there, but until we beat them, I'm worried.
    I'm not worried at all anymore and it's arguably the easiest game left on our schedule.

Chip sucks. 1-15 cemented it. He was a right place, right time coach. He's just collecting a fat paycheck at this point.
    I agree, have always thought this to be the case. But in fairness, it took Pete over two years to get the Sark out of the Huskies, and even Carroll and Saban took a year to get USC and Alabama cultures turned around. Gotta say though, that shit happy dance Chip had UCLA doing during the game smacks of a Sarkism. Not a good sign for UCLA. At all.