Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Genuine Question for the Quooks

DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
So the Quook King of all Quooks, Justin Hopkins, said something yesterday on the radio during his Oregon preview that legitimately caused me to question if I heard correctly.

He stated that the Ducks will have the best front 7 in the Pac-12. I know Jelks and Scott are really good players, as well as Dye.

But while I admittedly didn't watch enough of Oregon to know, I can't name another player in that front 7.

Is this Koolaid something that all Quooks are drinking right now? Genuinely curious.

TIA

Comments

• Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Is Hopkins a Quook who's full of hyperbole? Yes. Did you forget the guy with the best chance at starting at UW in Justin Hollins? Yes.

It's a really good front seven with question marks at cornerback.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm looking forward to steamrolling another Leavitt defense.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Oregon and UW are opposites on D this year. UW is really good on the back end and will be average up front, Oregon the opposite. In the Pac-12 I'm not sure which is better. They play some stupid football out west.

As far as position breakdowns Jelks would be UW's top book end by a country mile. Hollins would probably start at the other end spot for them also as the 40 personnel works a lot differently. Oregon's backer group is way better top to bottom, no one would argue that. UW has better starters in the secondary. I would take Oregon's depth at safety and the corner depth is probably a wash. D-lineman is probably a wash too. Gaines and Scott are big time gap stuffers and everyone else is a Pac-12 D-lineman which equals mediocre at best.

Both of these defenses and going to get rail roaded a few times this year as they have holes.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Oregon and UW are opposites on D this year. UW is really good on the back end and will be average up front, Oregon the opposite. In the Pac-12 I'm not sure which is better. They play some stupid football out west.

As far as position breakdowns Jelks would be UW's top book end by a country mile. Hollins would probably start at the other end spot for them also as the 40 personnel works a lot differently. Oregon's backer group is way better top to bottom, no one would argue that. UW has better starters in the secondary. I would take Oregon's depth at safety and the corner depth is probably a wash. D-lineman is probably a wash too. Gaines and Scott are big time gap stuffers and everyone else is a Pac-12 D-lineman which equals mediocre at best.

Both of these defenses and going to get rail roaded a few times this year as they have holes.

UW is going to have a top 10 defense in the country rather easily.

Lots of good moments in here but major LOL at the corner depth is a wash.

Get all the screenshots you need.
    No they aren't. Your Haloti Ngata is gone. Now you get to see what Brett Haberly looks like in a normal defense. Sorry, but Byrd, Chung, Ward, and WT3 won't really make a difference.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

No they aren't. Your Haloti Ngata is gone. Now you get to see what Brett Haberly looks like in a normal defense. Sorry, but Byrd, Chung, Ward, and WT3 won't really make a difference.
    Gaines started ahead of Vea in 2015 and 2016. We've seen plenty of him without Vita and he looked great.

Next.
    Yeah, Gregory Gaines is better than Vea. This is going to be a long season for you.

I'll tell you what, if the Doogs finish the regular season better than 9-3 I'll give Stalin $200.

I'm not worried.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Gaines started ahead of Vea in 2015 and 2016. We've seen plenty of him without Vita and he looked great.

Next.
    Yeah, Gregory Gaines is better than Vea. This is going to be a long season for you.

I'll tell you what, if the Doogs finish the regular season better than 9-3 I'll give Stalin $200.

I'm not worried.
    I didn't say he was better than Vea you dipshit.

He started ahead of him for two seasons. Fact.

We've seen him without Vea. Fact.

He's looked great without Vea. Fact.

Quooks hate facts. Fact.
    9-3 at best is the swan song. This will be fact. It took UW 25 years of trying to catch Oregon to lose a Rose Bowl and go back the mean four years later. Schweet.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Your 1994 calendar is as good as mine.

You're 8-17 against Oregon over the last 25 years.

You have 2 Pac titles in the last 25 years. Oregon has 7.

You've played in 3 BCS/NY6 level bowl in the last 25 years. Oregon played in 8.

2001 is when it all changed though, huh?
  • Options
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

From 94 to 03 Oregon won 5, UW won 4. Oregon hosted 5, UW hosted 4.

From 94 to 03 Oregon finished above UW in the conference 4 times. UW finished above Oregon in the conference 4 times. And they tied two times.

There's no real reasonable argument for Oregon passing UW before 2001, but even then UW smashed them the next two years. Realistically Oregon passed UW in 2004. So 12 years. Call it 15 if you prefer I'm good with.

Major lol at 25.
    So the Doogs still haven't passed Oregon yet. They are 2-2 over the last four games. Both teams were in the playoff in that span.

I'm basing this off your logic.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Next.

I'm not worried.
    I didn't say he was better than Vea you dipshit.

He started ahead of him for two seasons. Fact.

We've seen him without Vea. Fact.

He's looked great without Vea. Fact.

Quooks hate facts. Fact.
    9-3 at best is the swan song. This will be fact. It took UW 25 years of trying to catch Oregon to lose a Rose Bowl and go back the mean four years later. Schweet.
    25 years? We? didn't fall behind Oregon until 2001. We've clearly been ahead since 2016. So yeah, 25 years.

Fuck.

Clearly....

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

From 94 to 03 Oregon won 5, UW won 4. Oregon hosted 5, UW hosted 4.

From 94 to 03 Oregon finished above UW in the conference 4 times. UW finished above Oregon in the conference 4 times. And they tied two times.

There's no real reasonable argument for Oregon passing UW before 2001, but even then UW smashed them the next two years. Realistically Oregon passed UW in 2004. So 12 years. Call it 15 if you prefer I'm good with.

Major lol at 25.
    So the Doogs still haven't passed Oregon yet. They are 2-2 over the last four games. Both teams were in the playoff in that span.

I'm basing this off your logic.
    Not in the last 4 years.

Yes in the last 2 years.

This is of course the problem with selective endpoints, we can make them say whatever we want to.