Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Auburn-Washington predictions

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

AuburnFan said:

And 26 against Bama (who's D is about 3x better than UW) and 40 against UGA in the reg season (who's 2x better than UW) ...

So, 66 against the two teams that played for the NC

Wow .... changing my prediction with said stats .....

Auburn 37
    UW 17

Look.... I'm not saying your offense won't score any points. I'm not saying that your offense didn't do well last year. I'm not even saying your offense won't do well this year.

What I am saying, is that unless you're speaking in hyperbole (I'll help since you're from Alabama - exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally), then you're a fucking retard.

Alabama's D was not 3x better than UW, and Georgia's D was not 2x better than UW.

And no, Alabama math doesn't count.

Lol, these numbers dont mean shit. Georgia and Bama played an SEC schedule. Love the Pac 12, but its a much easier that the schedule they played.
    SEC > Pac12

SEC defenses > Pac12 defenses.

But

Pac 12 offenses > SEC offenses

hth

If SEC defenses are better than Pac 12 defenses, you could argue Pac 12 offenses are only more productive because they play weaker defenses on a regular basis. By this logic, a Pac 12 offense could and probably will look pedestrian to that of the SEC.
    Fuck, even MoosterFS has disowned you to make sure he's not associated with your FS takes. Nothing more needs said.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

AuburnFan said:

And 26 against Bama (who's D is about 3x better than UW) and 40 against UGA in the reg season (who's 2x better than UW) ...

Auburn 37
    UW 17

Look.... I'm not saying your offense won't score any points. I'm not saying that your offense didn't do well last year. I'm not even saying your offense won't do well this year.

What I am saying, is that unless you're speaking in hyperbole (I'll help since you're from Alabama - exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally), then you're a fucking retard.

Alabama's D was not 3x better than UW, and Georgia's D was not 2x better than UW.

Lol, these numbers dont mean shit. Georgia and Bama played an SEC schedule. Love the Pac 12, but its a much easier that the schedule they played.
    SEC > Pac12

But

hth

If SEC defenses are better than Pac 12 defenses, you could argue Pac 12 offenses are only more productive because they play weaker defenses on a regular basis. By this logic, a Pac 12 offense could and probably will look pedestrian to that of the SEC.
    I’m not saying pac 12 offenses are more productive. I’m saying they are better. The PAC might only be better than the SEC at one position but that position is QB and it’s much better and it’s the reason SEC offenses are not as elite as their defenses.
  • Options
    AU2xguyAU2xguy Member Posts: 44
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper
    dnc said:

dnc said:

AuburnFan said:

Auburn 37
    UW 17

SEC > Pac12

But

hth

I’m not saying pac 12 offenses are more productive. I’m saying they are better. The PAC might only be better than the SEC at one position but that position is QB and it’s much better and it’s the reason SEC offenses are not as elite as their defenses.
    Are the Pac 12 QBs better though? Here's the starting QBs from last year in the NFL at the end of the year. The SEC had 5 former players represented compared to the PAC 12s 4. And before you say "well Goff was hurt", an Oregon State grad replaced him, so still a PAC representative in that space. If you throw in Andrew Luck and Carson Palmer (both injured), then the Pac 12 takes a slight 6-5 edge in starters. Nothing to really write home about though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_starting_quarterbacks_in_the_National_Football_League
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Washington 28 - Auburn 13

UW scores 1 TD for each of our 4 SI pre season all americans.

https://www.si.com/college-football/photo/2018/08/15/preseason-all-america-team-bryce-love-nick-bosa#16

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    23-13 War Eagle

Slow start and overall output from offense looks just like it did versus SC/Bama 2016, and Penn State last year. Tre/Caleb/Watty (if healthy and plays) are good enough on OL, but at C/RG we aren't there yet.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,978
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Auburn 0 - UW 25.

I have done a full inspection of Auburn this offseason. I do not see their offense scoring on us. Fuller has a strong start to his Hiesman campaign. Byron/Myles pick 6 just when Auburn starts putting a drive together play of the game.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

AuburnFan said:

Auburn 37
    UW 17

dnc said:

AuburnFan said:

Auburn 37
    UW 17

SEC > Pac12

But

hth
    Disagree

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    dtd said:

24-23 UW

fuck

Good prediction. Bout that one way er the other.

• Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    17-16 UW. Bush will run the ball the D will be stingy and this team will be clutch
  • Options

17-16 UW. Bush will run the ball the D will be stingy and this team will be clutch

Ehhh, believe it will be in the 20 purnt range. While both defenses exceptional, O’s are as well.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

The NFL isn't a perfect measure of college talent but it's the best objective proxy we have. Here's how the QB position stacks up for the different conferences in the past 5 drafts:

First Round QBs:

Pac12 - 5 (Goff/1, Mariota/2, Darnold/3, Rosen/10,
    SEC - 1 (Manziel/22)

Second day QBs:

Pac12 - 3 (Webb/87, Kessler/93, Mannion/89)
    SEC - 0

Third day QBs:

Pac12 - 3 (Hundley/147, Hogan/162, Falk/199)
    SEC - 8 (Dobbs/135, Dak/135, Murray/163, McCarron/164, Mettenberger/178, Allen/201, Etling/219, Kelly/253)

Overall QBs:

Pac12 - 10
    SEC - 9

Average selection:

Pac12 - 79.3
    SEC - 163.3

Despite having two less schools the Pac has had four more first round picks and three more second day picks. The SEC cleans up in the later rounds. The average Pac QB is drafted by pick 80, the average SEC QB 80 picks later.

Pac QB play has been much better than SEC QB play of late.

Take this to the 12th man bored
  • Options

unless every argument acknowledges that the SEC plays 8 conference games, not 9, and has an end of season patsie, your argument is invalid.

it's unfair and not a level playing field. die.

BS. Play 8 gaymes in that conference and get back to me

• Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    godawgst said:

23-13 War Eagle

Slow start and overall output from offense looks just like it did versus SC/Bama 2016, and Penn State last year. Tre/Caleb/Watty (if healthy and plays) are good enough on OL, but at C/RG we aren't there yet.

I think Harris is going to be an excellent center. Won’t have to pass block on his own as much and can pull like a motherfucker.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2018
    SECDAWG said:

unless every argument acknowledges that the SEC plays 8 conference games, not 9, and has an end of season patsie, your argument is invalid.

Ya LSU is second in the Sunbelt conference.
  • Options
    AuburnFanAuburnFan Member Posts: 173
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    SECDAWG said:

I love when libtards of weak conf say this.

Fuck conf affiliation ... there are 12 games
    Would you rather play Auburn’s schedule or ANY team in the Pac12????
    4 teams in Top 15, 2 more in Top 25

GTFO
  • Options
    SyphilisButterSyphilisButter Member Posts: 221
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    you can filibuster it all you want but 8 vs 9 conf games vs teams of comparable talent is a huge fucking deal, as is playing NE Alpine St week 12 before the iron bowl

end of discussion. do not pass go. enough said. sho'nuff.
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

If UW can't beat the 3rd best team in the SEC convincingly with a fuckton of seniors that have seen major action since they were freshman starters, shut down the program, demolish the stadium, and turn it into a community pea patch/petting zoo

You can't discount the "Jake Browning Effect."