Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Discus

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

Yeah, how dare some of us actually want to talk football with a worthy, non-traditional opponent that may not know much about our program. Keep your Oregon shite to yourself. The Ducks get their ass kicking next year in Dallas. Right now the adults are busy talking about the biggest game of the opening weekend.

Who the fuck are you?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

You and the Apostle went to Central together, substitute the beavs for the true school of Washington and you've got your PNW 4.

UW class of 2010. I have a right to be here. All the Lane CC grads have moved on to the Timbers. Maybe you should too.
    UW Bothell
    Makes zero sense seeing as I'm from Camas but OK!
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    haie said:

haie said:

You and the Apostle went to Central together, substitute the beavs for the true school of Washington and you've got your PNW 4.

UW class of 2010. I have a right to be here. All the Lane CC grads have moved on to the Timbers. Maybe you should too.
    UW Bothell
    haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell
    Anybody who goes to those little branch schools like UW Bothell is not a proper elitist in my book. You probably went there or UW Tacoma. That's the way I remember it. A glorified community college.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2018

haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell
    haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell
    Anybody who goes to those little branch schools like UW Bothell is not a proper elitist in my book. You probably went there or UW Tacoma. That's the way I remember it. A glorified community college.
    Seattle campus. Spent most of my time in odegaard and denny. Papa Gates was the speaker at our graduation.

Central is a glorified community college. HtH
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell
    haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell
    Seattle campus. Spent most of my time in odegaard and denny. Papa Gates was the speaker at our graduation.

Central is a glorified high school. HtH
    To be fair, so was UW

#WhyILeft

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2018

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell
    haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell

To be fair, so was UW

#WhyILeft

Pretty much anyone could get into UW as recent as the early 2000's, yes. It's an education mall to be sure.

Still, what does that say about WAzzu Oregon and BennyU?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    No need to be so touchy.

There is nothing wrong with going to a school that doesn't factor into an elitist's conversation.

Such as UW Tacoma.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell
    haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell

To be fair, so was UW

#WhyILeft

Maybe if you were/are in a non-stem major.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

No need to be so touchy.

There is nothing wrong with going to a school that doesn't factor into an elitist's conversation.

Such as UW Tacoma.

I could care less about either satellite campus.

Maybe go cook up another Central football update no one will care about?
  • Options
    haie said:

No need to be so touchy.

Such as UW Tacoma.

I think I detected a bit of a chink in haie's armor. He's nervously minimizing the role of satellite campuses while turning attention to the Central updates...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

No need to be so touchy.

Such as UW Tacoma.

I think I detected a bit of a chink in haie's armor. He's nervously minimizing the role of satellite campuses while turning attention to the Central updates...
    I think I've detected a poster that should pay Derek for all his CC-centric shit posts or fuck off forever.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell
    haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell

To be fair, so was UW

#WhyILeft

Pretty much anyone could get into UW as recent as the early 2000's, yes. It's an education mall to be sure.

It says that there are only small groups of schools, very limited in number and accessibility, that actually offer undergraduates something different and, arguably at least, better. It also says that the educational experiences at most large state schools are interchangeable for 99% of the kids attending.

My kids' HS cohorts who attended UW are generally chasing nursing or accounting degrees. The ones who wash out of those get Public Health degrees. The kids chasing those at any other P12 school are going to wind up in exactly the same place. Nobody cares where an accountant or a nurse went to school.

And the kids majoring in Classics, Philosophy or Art History at Stanford, Yale, Pomona, Amherst, Vassar or Wellesley, and their ilk, are going to be recruited on campus to work at consulting and other 'think tank' firms that UW kids struggle to get to every bit as much as the Oregon, WSU and ASU kids do.

One area where UW flexes muscle at an elite level is Comp. Sci., which to me is really glorified trade school. A lot of $$ went into it at UW for obvious reasons, a small number of kids get to take advantage of it, and more and more it's becoming a commodity skill that you can learn through a variety of other means. One day AI will overrun it in any event. But people flocking to get into that department have helped UW's selectivity numbers. It bears little meaning or effect on the overall student population, which looks and feels a lot like the one with which I went to school.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell
    haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell

To be fair, so was UW

#WhyILeft

Maybe if you were/are in a non-stem major.
    It was 1975 and I was there to give Wayne Moses and Charles Jackson help with anthropology for new coach Don James

College is great if you want to be a doctor or lawyer or master of the universe in finance. Something that will pay back the fucking stupid cost of college today.

It was cheap when I dropped out. It was also nothing I was interested in much to the chagrin of my mom who wanted me to be a lawyer.

I've had the pleasure of dealing with college educated Construction Management degree holders during my career that started out doing actual construction. Its not a fair fight at all.

We call them "easy marks", "stupid", and my favorite - trailer trash because they never leave the job shacks to actually get a fucking clue

I have no actual beef with college - just don't think everyone needs to go or that you'll be a failure with out it

Word on the street is the big GC companies are dropping education requirements to fill all the jobs out there

I'm just an uneducated white trash Trump voter so don't mind me
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell
    haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell

To be fair, so was UW

#WhyILeft

It says that there are only small groups of schools, very limited in number and accessibility, that actually offer undergraduates something different and, arguably at least, better. It also says that the educational experiences at most large state schools are interchangeable for 99% of the kids attending.

My kids' HS cohorts who attended UW are generally chasing nursing or accounting degrees. The ones who wash out of those get Public Health degrees. The kids chasing those at any other P12 school are going to wind up in exactly the same place. Nobody cares where an accountant or a nurse went to school.

And the kids majoring in Classics, Philosophy or Art History at Stanford, Yale, Pomona, Amherst, Vassar or Wellesley, and their ilk, are going to be recruited on campus to work at consulting and other 'think tank' firms that UW kids struggle to get to every bit as much as the Oregon, WSU and ASU kids do.

One area where UW flexes muscle at an elite level is Comp. Sci., which to me is really glorified trade school. A lot of $$ went into it at UW for obvious reasons, a small number of kids get to take advantage of it, and more and more it's becoming a commodity skill that you can learn through a variety of other means. One day AI will overrun it in any event. But people flocking to get into that department have helped UW's selectivity numbers. It bears little meaning or effect on the overall student population, which looks and feels a lot like the one with which I went to school.

So you're saying that once AI renders my UW CS degree meaningless I'll have no other skills nor critical thought training and will have to go work at a pot dispensary.

That was the plan all along so I still win!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell
    haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell

To be fair, so was UW

#WhyILeft

So you're saying that once AI renders my UW CS degree meaningless I'll have no other skills nor critical thought training and will have to go work at a pot dispensary.

That was the plan all along so I still win!
    Ok!!!!!!!
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell
    haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell

Central is a glorified community college. HtH
    Why are you ashamed of your alma mater? A degree is a degree. BTW what sort of music did you and the Apostle listen to when you carpooled together to campus?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Stem is for fags.

If u weren't a finance major you can suck races shriveled cock
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kill all yourselves. Giant aids infested kool-aid style. Take this shit to the Academis Smak talk board please.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell
    haie said:

haie said:

UW Bothell

To be fair, so was UW

#WhyILeft

Wow didn’t think that Duck refugee was the place for all the UW education hawt talk, but let me put my 2 cents in. UW accounting program is legit in getting kids jobs with the all the public accounting programs, that shiet does matter when comes to to getting placed
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Stem is for fags.

If u weren't a finance major you can suck races shriveled cock

So how does races cock taste?