Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How bad is Auburn's offensive line?

Comments

• PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

We know Greg, Levi, and String are all gonna manhandle Auburn's interior OL. But Rice, Benning, Bowman, and Williams all have a great opportunity to assert themselves as well and show us whether or not we actually have an edge pass rush this year. Mathis was good for the half season we actually had him, but this defense hasn't really had a formidable edge rush since Kikaha and Hudson were balling out in 2014.

But how are we going to replace Feeney and Middleton???
    Remove Ossai's medical red shirt. Shit is lit, brah.
  • AuburnFanAuburnFan Member Posts: 173
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

ntxduck said:

AU2xguy said:

It's the biggest question mark on the team, but the line is loaded with talent. Just lost a lot of experience due to graduation. For example, the starting LT has only been playing football for 3-4 years total (going back to high school). He's just a freak athlete that was originally recruited to play D-line, but got moved the offensive side rather quickly upon seeing his footwork and potential.

The new O-line coach is actually the same guy that coached the line from 2013 - 2015. He's a significant upgrade as far as on field coaching goes.

As for wildcat, AU has run some kind of wildcat package every year under Malzahn. Lindsey also ran some wildcat while he was the OC at Arizona State. I wouldn't read too much into this as it's probably just a new package for matchups.

TLDR on all SEC posters is basically some form of 5 reasons, but being 100% serious. More talent, coaching upgrades since the offseason, the only weak spots aren't actually weak spots because xyz, the only losses they had last year weren't real losses because xyz. Basically every SEC poster is OBK.

Fuck I'm actually going to have to root for UW against these assholes.
    @AuburnFan please tell me you went to auburn?

2004 Grad
    Doogles said:

This game is all about heat from the edge. If we can do that Stidham will throw at least two picks.

Just haven't proven we can do that against bigger athletes. This is Bennings game.

Umm ... Stidham only threw 6 ints all year.
    He won’t be throwing one (unless a lucky tip int)
    ... much less 2 ints

I’m confident in Tega & Driscoll at LT & RT.
    Tega is a freak athlete & started 7 games last year. Driscoll is a Umass Grad who played against MISS ST’s DL (better than UWs) & didn’t give up a sack.

Plus Stidham is sharp in the pocket... watch UGA & Bama highlights from last year.
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    It’s Not good. If Washington don’t exploit it MS St will
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AuburnFan said:

Doogles said:

This game is all about heat from the edge. If we can do that Stidham will throw at least two picks.

Just haven't proven we can do that against bigger athletes. This is Bennings game.

... much less 2 ints

Tega is a freak athlete & started 7 games last year. Driscoll is a Umass Grad who played against MISS ST’s DL (better than UWs) & didn’t give up a sack.

Plus Stidham is sharp in the pocket... watch UGA & Bama highlights from last year.
    Stupid ass statement.

I think Auburn wins but Stidham's getting picked at least once.
    They not that good Gary..young and inexperienced..Going to be a helluva gayme. Will come down to the wire. Auburn not as good as advertised. Probably 4th best team in SEC, if not lower.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

AuburnFan said:

Doogles said:

... much less 2 ints

Granted pac-12 is pass happy leagu, while SEC is vertically challenged
    SECDAWG said:

LOL
    SECDAWG said:

They not that good Gary..young and inexperienced..Going to be a helluva gayme. Will come down to the wire. Auburn not as good as advertised. Probably 4th best team in SEC, if not lower.

Look at this fucktard
    AuburnFan said:

SECDAWG said:

LOL
    Thinks that’s funny, ehh??

Ms St will beat Allbarn this year. Cook it

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

AuburnFan said:

ntxduck said:

AU2xguy said:

It's the biggest question mark on the team, but the line is loaded with talent. Just lost a lot of experience due to graduation. For example, the starting LT has only been playing football for 3-4 years total (going back to high school). He's just a freak athlete that was originally recruited to play D-line, but got moved the offensive side rather quickly upon seeing his footwork and potential.

The new O-line coach is actually the same guy that coached the line from 2013 - 2015. He's a significant upgrade as far as on field coaching goes.

As for wildcat, AU has run some kind of wildcat package every year under Malzahn. Lindsey also ran some wildcat while he was the OC at Arizona State. I wouldn't read too much into this as it's probably just a new package for matchups.

TLDR on all SEC posters is basically some form of 5 reasons, but being 100% serious. More talent, coaching upgrades since the offseason, the only weak spots aren't actually weak spots because xyz, the only losses they had last year weren't real losses because xyz. Basically every SEC poster is OBK.

2004 Grad
    Same year I graduated from UW Madison. What a coincidence!
    Sorry I missed this, but why go there out of all the Midwest schools? There were better options
    SECDAWG said:

AuburnFan said:

SECDAWG said:

LOL

Hi J!

AuburnFan said:

ntxduck said:

AU2xguy said:

2004 Grad
    Same year I graduated from UW Madison. What a coincidence!
    Sorry I missed this, but why go there out of all the Midwest schools? There were better options
    Sounds like a great question for the next edition of Axe Puppy
    dnc said:

SECDAWG said:

AuburnFan said:

SECDAWG said:

LOL

Hi J!
    I dun tolt u I not J you fukn Democrat!!