Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How bad is Auburn's offensive line?

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AU2xguy said:

HuskyJW said:

My favorite so far are the 5 star athletes from 3 years ago that can't find the field.

But he's an upgrade.

Fuck me sideways.

You won't get that from me. I try to be reasonable. There's a reason AU brought in a grad transfer from UMASS who will likely start at RT. It's because the 5-star isn't ever gonna be ready.
  • Options
    AU2xguyAU2xguy Member Posts: 44
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper
    dnc said:

AU2xguy said:

HuskyJW said:

My favorite so far are the 5 star athletes from 3 years ago that can't find the field.

But he's an upgrade.

Fuck me sideways.

You won't get that from me. I try to be reasonable. There's a reason AU brought in a grad transfer from UMASS who will likely start at RT. It's because the 5-star isn't ever gonna be ready.
    Maybe. He's a redshirt freshman. Willing to give it time before declaring the kid a bust.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,116
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

But he's an upgrade.

Fuck me sideways.

Atoe was a top 5 draft pick and it took until his senior year to find the field, LIPO
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    ntxduck said:

AU2xguy said:

It's the biggest question mark on the team, but the line is loaded with talent. Just lost a lot of experience due to graduation. For example, the starting LT has only been playing football for 3-4 years total (going back to high school). He's just a freak athlete that was originally recruited to play D-line, but got moved the offensive side rather quickly upon seeing his footwork and potential.

The new O-line coach is actually the same guy that coached the line from 2013 - 2015. He's a significant upgrade as far as on field coaching goes.

As for wildcat, AU has run some kind of wildcat package every year under Malzahn. Lindsey also ran some wildcat while he was the OC at Arizona State. I wouldn't read too much into this as it's probably just a new package for matchups.

TLDR on all SEC posters is basically some form of 5 reasons, but being 100% serious. More talent, coaching upgrades since the offseason, the only weak spots aren't actually weak spots because xyz, the only losses they had last year weren't real losses because xyz. Basically every SEC poster is OBK.

Fuck I'm actually going to have to root for UW against these assholes.
    @AuburnFan please tell me you went to auburn?
  • Options
    AuburnFanAuburnFan Member Posts: 173
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    HuskyJW said:

But he's an upgrade.

Fuck me sideways.

Who are you speaking of? On the OL, there's only 1 5 star ... Ashley, who redshirted last year because of a multi year starting Srs at both OTs.
    It's called recruiting

• Options
    ntxduck said:

AU2xguy said:

It's the biggest question mark on the team, but the line is loaded with talent. Just lost a lot of experience due to graduation. For example, the starting LT has only been playing football for 3-4 years total (going back to high school). He's just a freak athlete that was originally recruited to play D-line, but got moved the offensive side rather quickly upon seeing his footwork and potential.

The new O-line coach is actually the same guy that coached the line from 2013 - 2015. He's a significant upgrade as far as on field coaching goes.

As for wildcat, AU has run some kind of wildcat package every year under Malzahn. Lindsey also ran some wildcat while he was the OC at Arizona State. I wouldn't read too much into this as it's probably just a new package for matchups.

TLDR on all SEC posters is basically some form of 5 reasons, but being 100% serious. More talent, coaching upgrades since the offseason, the only weak spots aren't actually weak spots because xyz, the only losses they had last year weren't real losses because xyz. Basically every SEC poster is OBK.

Fuck I'm actually going to have to root for UW against these assholes.

You still mad about 2010?
  • Options

We know Greg, Levi, and String are all gonna manhandle Auburn's interior OL. But Rice, Benning, Bowman, and Williams all have a great opportunity to assert themselves as well and show us whether or not we actually have an edge pass rush this year. Mathis was good for the half season we actually had him, but this defense hasn't really had a formidable edge rush since Kikaha and Hudson were balling out in 2014.

Ups only chance to penetrate is off the edge .... our experience/strength is in the middle.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

This game is all about heat from the edge. If we can do that Stidham will throw at least two picks.

Just haven't proven we can do that against bigger athletes. This is Bennings game.

I'm going to take a wild guess that Benning won't do shit against Auburn. Bowman on the other hand....
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,543
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

We know Greg, Levi, and String are all gonna manhandle Auburn's interior OL. But Rice, Benning, Bowman, and Williams all have a great opportunity to assert themselves as well and show us whether or not we actually have an edge pass rush this year. Mathis was good for the half season we actually had him, but this defense hasn't really had a formidable edge rush since Kikaha and Hudson were balling out in 2014.

2014 - 52 Sacks for 297 Yards - 2nd in Conference
    2015 - 34 Sacks for 208 Yards - 5th in Conference
    2016 - 40 Sacks for 248 Yards - 2nd in Conference
    2017 - 39 Sacks for 259 Yards - 2nd in Conference

Our? standing in the conference has been consistent, but overall sack numbers are way down from Kikaha and Hudson.

Push up the middle is great and we? have been amazing at it. But it's clear you need heat from the edge.
    Yeah but half those sacks are against Sac State, Wazzu, and the fighting Beavs.

This. With a bullet
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Rapp will get 2 blitz sacks