Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How bad is Auburn's offensive line?

HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
per The Athletic.....They installed yesterday a Wildcat package with an unbalanced offensive line....they haven't done that since 2016.

Comments

• Options
    AU2xguyAU2xguy Member Posts: 44
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper
    It's the biggest question mark on the team, but the line is loaded with talent. Just lost a lot of experience due to graduation. For example, the starting LT has only been playing football for 3-4 years total (going back to high school). He's just a freak athlete that was originally recruited to play D-line, but got moved the offensive side rather quickly upon seeing his footwork and potential.

The new O-line coach is actually the same guy that coached the line from 2013 - 2015. He's a significant upgrade as far as on field coaching goes.

As for wildcat, AU has run some kind of wildcat package every year under Malzahn. Lindsey also ran some wildcat while he was the OC at Arizona State. I wouldn't read too much into this as it's probably just a new package for matchups.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My cousin lives over there yuge fan. Told me that they have talent but it is all raw and they look like ass so far.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Not bad enough
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Is Jonathan Franklin still at Auburn?
  • Options
    AuburnFanAuburnFan Member Posts: 173
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    HuskyJW said:

per The Athletic.....They installed yesterday a Wildcat package with an unbalanced offensive line....they haven't done that since 2016.

We've run it every year in every game since Gus has been the HC.

I'm telling you ... our OL is going to be good. Recruited very well. .... We have a 2nd year 5 star that is trying to find a spot.

• Options
    The Wildcard here is Horton and Ashley. IF Ashley can continue to do well at RG, I think he moves to Guard and puts our most experience OL at C.
    Our OL (I'm sure most colleges do this) Cross train. So every OL knows two positions. Tegan (as mentioned above ... our freak) Harrell and Horton have lots of starts between them.
    Driscoll transfers from UMass where he excelled and played very well against Miss St last year (didn't give up a sack) and they have been ranked #1 or #2 DL depending on which expert is ranking. So if we can move Horton to Center in place of Kim who is a Redshirt Jr, it allows Ashley to play RG ... Ashley was the bell cow of our recruiting class last year as the only 5 star. This 2nd lineup gives must of us boners.

OL will either be

LT Tega Wongo
    LG Harrell
    C Kim
    RG Horton
    RT Driscoll

or

LT Tega
    LG Harrell
    C Horton
    RG Ashley
    RT Driscoll

• Options

AuburnFan said:

HuskyJW said:

We've run it every year in every game since Gus has been the HC.

I'm telling you ... our OL is going to be good. Recruited very well. .... We have a 2nd year 5 star that is trying to find a spot.

So he sucks

Good
    Ha ha .... You let me know when our OL doesn't give up a sack this game ;)

• Options

Is Jonathan Franklin still at Auburn?

Yes, he'll start over Stidham
  • Options

Here's to hoping we can take advantage of their inexperience early and have them kill the rest of the SEC down the stretch.

Not as inexperienced as you think. Which ever way our lineup falls, there's only 1 player that doesn't have a start.
    Ashley due to redshirt
    Kim has been a career backup
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,188
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AuburnFan said:

Here's to hoping we can take advantage of their inexperience early and have them kill the rest of the SEC down the stretch.

Not as inexperienced as you think. Which ever way our lineup falls, there's only 1 player that doesn't have a start.
    Ashley due to redshirt
    Kim has been a career backup
    Bc oline individual starts are the same as unit starts...