Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I am so pissed off I can barely stand it right now

It is really sinking in how much this program sucks right now.

THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE YEAR. 4 STRAIGHT TOP 25 RECRUITING CLASSES (only 13 other schools can say that) TWO DEEPS FULL OF JRS AND SRS. A 5TH YEAR QB AND TONS OF PLAYMAKERS, AND VERY FEW INJURIES!!!!

But no. Kiffin's little brother can't teach kids how to execute within the rules. He can't teach them to cover kick offs. He can't commit to the run. And he can't get them to consistently play hard.

With the talent coming back, a good coach could instantly turn this team into a contender next year. But Sark will just keep us stuck on mediocre. HE MUST GO NOW!! TODAY!!

GO BEAVS!! GO COUGS!! END OUR MISERY. ITS 2008 AGAIN!!

Sorry. You guys know all this. I just had to vent somewhere, and my wife is sick of listening to me.

Comments

• McRibMcRib Member Posts: 227
    You have a wife?
  • AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    I'm in. Email sent to AD this morning.

• loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686

THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE YEAR. 4 STRAIGHT TOP 25 RECRUITING CLASSES (only 13 other schools can say that) TWO DEEPS FULL OF JRS AND SRS. A 5TH YEAR QB AND TONS OF PLAYMAKERS, AND VERY FEW INJURIES!!!!

But no. Kiffin's little brother can't teach kids how to execute within the rules. He can't teach them to cover kick offs. He can't commit to the run. And he can't get them to consistently play hard.

With the talent coming back, a good coach could instantly turn this team into a contender next year. But Sark will just keep us stuck on mediocre. HE MUST GO NOW!! TODAY!!

GO BEAVS!! GO COUGS!! END OUR MISERY. ITS 2008 AGAIN!!

Sorry. You guys know all this. I just had to vent somewhere, and my wife is sick of listening to me.

You're gonna be held to these words just in case you get battered woman syndrome again if Sark does luck out and win in Corvallis.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Correction. Its 2007 and not 2008 because Sark will be retained because our AD, fans and boosters are a bunch of manginas with no standards and goals.

"You're gonna be held to these words just in case you get battered woman syndrome again if Sark does luck out and win in Corvallis."

I will say it again:

The only way I would ever change my mind on Sark now is if he wins 12+ games next year. Even then I would go from nega back to skeptical.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

"You're gonna be held to these words just in case you get battered woman syndrome again if Sark does luck out and win in Corvallis."

I will say it again:

The only way I would ever change my mind on Sark now is if he wins 12+ games next year. Even then I would go from nega back to skeptical.

Who fucking cares if Sark wins 12 next year. If Sankey comes back he should win 12 with that roster & schedule. He's not a championship coach. Mike Price and Dick Tomey coached for a while and had a few great teams but both were 500 coaches. If Sark is here for 12 years I'm sure he'd have 1 or 2 top 10 teams. He is what he is. Average at best. Sooner he's gone the better off we'll be.
    I DONT WANT HIM HERE AT ALL NEXT YEAR OR NEXT WEEK!!

KIFFINATE HIM NOW.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

GO BEAVS!! GO COUGS!! END OUR MISERY. ITS 2006 AGAIN!!

Fixed.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650

I DONT WANT HIM HERE AT ALL NEXT YEAR OR NEXT WEEK!!

KIFFINATE HIM NOW.

ybe

I wasn't rooting for us to actually lose in 2006.

I wasn't rooting for us to actually lose in 2006.

You should have been. Ty should have been fired after the suddenly senior game.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,502

The AD will just delete it and that'll fall on deaf ears.

I did get a reply when I emailed Young: president@uw.edu, although the response from UW Media Relations was fucking laughable.

The AD will just delete it and that'll fall on deaf ears.

I did get a reply when I emailed Young: president@uw.edu, although the response from UW Media Relations was fucking laughable.

Post the form letter or get the fuck out.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    I think I sent Emmert a couple of emails in 2007. His underlings responded once in a form letter way IIRC. These guys don't give a fuck unless you're a big time booster or a donor.
    edited November 2013

I thought you'd never ask:

Date: Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 9:33 AM
    Subject: FW: Extremely Concerned UW Alum
    To: "digits@uw.edu"
    Cc: "pres@uw.edu"

Dear Mr. Stephanson:

President Young has asked me to reply on his behalf to your email message about the football program. Your analysis is impressive, as are your passion and commitment to Husky football. Indeed, it is largely due to the kind of interest you have that the program has been so important to our community for so many years, long before the James era, during his heyday, and even through the down years of the previous decade or so. I think we all know it takes time to build a long-term consistent winner, especially in today’s more competitive college football environment. And we understand that patience can be short. Some, like yourself, believe if we haven’t done it in 4-5 years under a coach, it’s time for a change. Others believe it can take longer, especially given how far back from the bottom this program had to come. As I’m sure you understand, there are many factors that go into evaluating the success of a program. Wins and losses are unquestionably important, and so is the culture in the program, the type of students who represent the University and their success in accomplishing their educational objectives. We take all of this into consideration when we evaluate our success.

I can also assure you that no one wants to win more than our athletic director and our head coach and coaching staff. We believe they are bright, capable, driven people who can restore the program to its former glory. I know you may disagree with this, and perhaps all I can say is, stay with us. There is more success to come.

Thank you for writing and expressing your passion for the program. We need it.

Dear Mr. Stephanson:

President Young has asked me to reply on his behalf to your email message about the football program. Your analysis is impressive, as are your passion and commitment to Husky football. Indeed, it is largely due to the kind of interest you have that the program has been so important to our community for so many years, long before the James era, during his heyday, and even through the down years of the previous decade or so. I think we all know it takes time to build a long-term consistent winner, especially in today’s more competitive college football environment. And we understand that patience can be short. Some, like yourself, believe if we haven’t done it in 4-5 years under a coach, it’s time for a change. Others believe it can take longer, especially given how far back from the bottom this program had to come. As I’m sure you understand, there are many factors that go into evaluating the success of a program. Wins and losses are unquestionably important, and so is the culture in the program, the type of students who represent the University and their success in accomplishing their educational objectives. We take all of this into consideration when we evaluate our success.

I can also assure you that no one wants to win more than our athletic director and our head coach and coaching staff. We believe they are bright, capable, driven people who can restore the program to its former glory. I know you may disagree with this, and perhaps all I can say is, stay with us. There is more success to come.

Did you reply back pointing out how Stanford came back faster?
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Dear Mr. Stephanson:

I call Bullshit.

• The only good thing about that letter was it came after the Oregon game when fewer people had jumped ship. At least they're listening...hopefully.

Did you reply back pointing out how Stanford came back faster?

Nope. Considering the reply, I figured it's a waste of my time. I'm currently resigned to the fact that we're fuct, and the only way I can get it through to the UW Admin is by not spending a dime on anything UW football. It seems to be the only way to force them into making a change.