Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stars don't matter Twat of the day

2»

Comments

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Nice little cherry picked stat. Went out and found a program that underachieved and a program that overachieved and threw that one together. Another attempt at trying to temper expectations. Just because UW does not offer or get a commitment from a recruit doesn't make them a bad prospect. The whole OKG thing is just an excuse for missing on talent repeatedly. Why offer if they aren't OKG anyway? You fuckin leg lifters are delusional as all hell. Out here trying to say your talent evaluators are so good that you are just going to pass on guys the rest of the country and recruiting world have put their stamp on. SMH. They really broke the mold with you idiots.

I poasted this tongue in cheek. Of, course, stars matter greatly BUT only with good coaches. USC and Texas are laughing stocks.
    USC won the pac-12
    Yeah winning the Pac once since 2008 is really special.
    But I'm hearing they're a storied blueblood, the premiere program on the west coast.

Mosster47 said:

Nice little cherry picked stat. Went out and found a program that underachieved and a program that overachieved and threw that one together. Another attempt at trying to temper expectations. Just because UW does not offer or get a commitment from a recruit doesn't make them a bad prospect. The whole OKG thing is just an excuse for missing on talent repeatedly. Why offer if they aren't OKG anyway? You fuckin leg lifters are delusional as all hell. Out here trying to say your talent evaluators are so good that you are just going to pass on guys the rest of the country and recruiting world have put their stamp on. SMH. They really broke the mold with you idiots.

I poasted this tongue in cheek. Of, course, stars matter greatly BUT only with good coaches. USC and Texas are laughing stocks.
    USC won the pac-12
    That's the same number as UW....
    That's not the point. UW with good/great coaches (i.e., not named Lambo, Gilby, Ty, Sark) is a program that has historically outperformed their recruiting rankings. Same with Oregon after football was invented in 1994 for that matter. USC and Texas, however, are the two biggest blue blood underachievers in modern era college football. In the past 40 years those 2 programs have combined for a whopping 3.5 national titles.
    ".5"

Doog POTD.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've always thought Texas cares too much about stars. The fan pressure and hype of getting certain in state guys hurts their program.

That said, the real problem has been coaching and developing the players. I bet a lot of those guys are overrated though.
    Herman seems like a dickhead. I doubt Texas players would vote him in as coach if it were up to them.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2018

I've always thought Texas cares too much about stars. The fan pressure and hype of getting certain in state guys hurts their program.

No.

That said, the real problem has been coaching and developing the players. I bet a lot of those guys are overrated though.

Yes, yes, and yes.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Herman seems like a dickhead. I doubt Texas players would vote him in as coach if it were up to them.

Fortunately that doesnt matter, if you are good at coaching.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

I agree. If Texas offers 25 kids 20 of them say yes on the spot. If they slow play a kid OU, aTm, LSU, or someone else will get him.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited August 2018

USC won the pac-12
    I hear the only reason SC won the pac was because Oregon is down.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

USC won the pac-12
    I hear the only reason I see one the pack was because Oregon is down.
    engrish?

Texas only having 11 draftees in a five year period is absolutely bonkers.
    Indeed.
    dnc said:

USC won the pac-12
    I hear the only reason I see one the pack was because Oregon is down.
    engrish?
    quick draw mcgraw
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2018
    Flex Friday!!!