Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSiO Episode #50: What is an OKG?

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Squirt said:

I just got around to listening to the pod, and I really enjoyed it.

About the OKG thing. I suspect that Coach Petersen's early experiences at the UW with Naijiel Hale, Darren Gardenhire, Marcus Peters, Lavon Washington, and Drew Lewis, and even Kentrell Love (whose Twitter currently says, "I need $") have made him even less likely to take risks on guys who don't fit his OKG profile.

It's a risk-management thing. For every JoJo Mathis, there was a Lavon Washington. While his program could change the lives of a lot of guys, he still wouldn't be able to reach many kids too. The risk-reward calculus just isn't there, in his mind.

If that's his thinking, I agree with it.

I'm not saying that the UW should focus recruiting resources on three- and two-star guys who work hard and want to be developed. I'm not saying the UW can win a championship with Boise State rosters. I am saying, however, that the UW should continue to screen out guys who don't take coaching and don't handle adversity well.

Jimmy Lake's recent interview boiled down his recruiting criteria into three points:
    - Toughness and physicality
    - Takes coaching
    - Handles adversity

That's it. Nothing about academics. Nothing about a preference for dudes who are into deferred gratification. I'm fine with that.

It's not a perfect process. No process is. But it fits Coach Petersen, allowing him to be authentic with recruits and their parents.

Rather than take greater risks that could endanger the culture and result in more attrition, I'd prefer to let his recruiting strategy play out with the caliber of recruits who are now committing. LIPO.

Fuck this Doog bullshit. Seriously.

If you think the coaches know what an OKG is you're a fucking sheep. They have no idea.

Also, all those guys - fuck that. Risk management? What the fuck is this?

How could you listen to the pod and conclude that the coaches know what an OKG is if they thought fucking Brandon Kaho was.

GTFO
    LEAVE JOEY ER SQUIRT ALONE
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,535
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Have we gotten an explanation for why Chest is no longer persona non grata? Because that guy is a fucking idiot

After calling HCH AIDS on his way out the door, surprised he would go on a pod with the purported mods of the HCH recruiting bored.
    TBH I wasn't paying attention when Chest left here, but I don't really remember any of the acrimony or anything. Maybe there was... who knows? IDGAF - he's my dude.

Here are the tiers of Husky fans.

1) Not a Doog (Chest qualifies)
    2) A Doog, but is basically smart.
    3) A dumb Doog, but generally agreeable.
    4) A Doog who is dumb but can take abuse from me.
    5) White supremacist Doog (a/k/a "the coaches know more than you about Browning and OKGs"
    Doog things Chest did:

Thought his shitty little pod was gonna make it big because he booked Papa "feces in my throat" Victor and Christian Caple.

Brought on HowlingHusky, the number one Doog at doogpound, as producer ("the move to Friday Harbor did wonders for the content.")

Censored himself in order to try to follow through on moves one and two.

Predicted this site would die if the Huskies ever started winning.

Lil Jimmy.

Probably more but I stopped paying attention.
    Yep.

I'm Pro Chest as we go way back to his ReggieIsGod and SexMoney days and I've always liked the guy. I like his appreciation of metrics, and it's too bad he bailed out when he did because he actually was right all offseason that 2016 was going to be special.

But the way he left was super lame. I have no problem with him coming back into the fold, would be cool if he owned up to some of that though.

And "LOL" at the idea he's not a doog. DDY has no clue what a doog is. Love you both though!
    Agree that Chest called 2016 with the metrics n' stuff. Liked their pod better when @RoadDawg55 was involved and it didn't have dreams mainstream grandeur.

Chest wasnt some lone wolf on the 2016 shit. Pretty much every national source saw how young our team was in 2015 and how competitive every loss was. UW was the darkhorse according to every metric and pundit in America.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Have we gotten an explanation for why Chest is no longer persona non grata? Because that guy is a fucking idiot

After calling HCH AIDS on his way out the door, surprised he would go on a pod with the purported mods of the HCH recruiting bored.
    TBH I wasn't paying attention when Chest left here, but I don't really remember any of the acrimony or anything. Maybe there was... who knows? IDGAF - he's my dude.

Here are the tiers of Husky fans.

1) Not a Doog (Chest qualifies)
    2) A Doog, but is basically smart.
    3) A dumb Doog, but generally agreeable.
    4) A Doog who is dumb but can take abuse from me.
    5) White supremacist Doog (a/k/a "the coaches know more than you about Browning and OKGs"
    Waivered between Chin/WTF. Decided to chin bc I prefer Dennis deriding doogish bullshit because someone's gotta do it in this place.

As to @HeretoBeatmyChest I think I speak for all of us non older HHB poasters when I say,

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2018
    What did Chest do again?

I don't pay attention to this fag shit like everyone else.

And to @Squirt - no fuck Pete and his OKG bullshit. It literally just means white guys and people who talk like or act like white people.

It's just armchair racism/culturism masquerading as a policy. It's total bullshit.

Today Bob Gregory said Tevis and BBK "are not quite as emotional" as Azeem and Keishawn and we'd get emotional leadership from JoJo.

He also said Kwat was more 'level-headed' than Jimmy.

FUCK OKG BULLSHIT.

Pete would not do anything differently if he were fucking Adolf Hitler if Adolf had to win games. Adolf was pragmatic too.

We are going to go from 2016 with Kev King and Azeem ... and now we are going to be Jake Browning and Tevis Bartlett.

WE ARE SUPER REASONABLE. LEVEL-HEADED!!! WOOOHOOOOOO!!! Let's get fucking cranked for a reasonable team that views blacks as 'irrational and emotional' and whites as 'level-headed'.

Seriously fuck this Hitler shit.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

What did Chest do again?

And to @Squirt - no fuck Pete and his OKG bullshit. It literally just means white guys and people who talk like or act like white people.

It's just armchair racism/culturism masquerading as a policy. It's total bullshit.

Today Bob Gregory said Tevis and BBK "are not quite as emotional" as Azeem and Keishawn and we'd get emotional leadership from JoJo.

FUCK OKG BULLSHIT.

Pete would not do anything differently if he were fucking Adolf Hitler if Adolf had to win games. Adolf was pragmatic too.

We are going to go from 2016 with Kev King and Azeem ... and now we are going to be Jake Browning and Tevis Bartlett.

WE ARE SUPER REASONABLE. LEVEL-HEADED!!! WOOOHOOOOOO!!! Let's get fucking cranked for a reasonable team that views blacks as 'irrational and emotional' and whites as 'level-headed'.

You're all emotional to me.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,535
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

What did Chest do again?

FUCK OKG BULLSHIT.

Seems as if you care
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Anyone here that thinks Pete and everyone on staff would have 'construct definition' in any meaningful way on OKGs is a motherfucking retard.

Literally none of them really know what it means and it mostly means 'just act like you're white/slow strategy... but in a pinch, just being white works.'