Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSiO Episode #50: What is an OKG?

Comments

• Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

What did Chest do again?

I don't pay attention to this fag shit like everyone else.

And to @Squirt - no fuck Pete and his OKG bullshit. It literally just means white guys and people who talk like or act like white people.

It's just armchair racism/culturism masquerading as a policy. It's total bullshit.

Today Bob Gregory said Tevis and BBK "are not quite as emotional" as Azeem and Keishawn and we'd get emotional leadership from JoJo.

He also said Kwat was more 'level-headed' than Jimmy.

FUCK OKG BULLSHIT.

Pete would not do anything differently if he were fucking Adolf Hitler if Adolf had to win games. Adolf was pragmatic too.

We are going to go from 2016 with Kev King and Azeem ... and now we are going to be Jake Browning and Tevis Bartlett.

WE ARE SUPER REASONABLE. LEVEL-HEADED!!! WOOOHOOOOOO!!! Let's get fucking cranked for a reasonable team that views blacks as 'irrational and emotional' and whites as 'level-headed'.

Seriously fuck this Hitler shit.

Seems as if you care
    I really need a blow job right now man.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMsrE-9CLFg
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Have we gotten an explanation for why Chest is no longer persona non grata? Because that guy is a fucking idiot

After calling HCH AIDS on his way out the door, surprised he would go on a pod with the purported mods of the HCH recruiting bored.
    TBH I wasn't paying attention when Chest left here, but I don't really remember any of the acrimony or anything. Maybe there was... who knows? IDGAF - he's my dude.

Here are the tiers of Husky fans.

1) Not a Doog (Chest qualifies)
    2) A Doog, but is basically smart.
    3) A dumb Doog, but generally agreeable.
    4) A Doog who is dumb but can take abuse from me.
    5) White supremacist Doog (a/k/a "the coaches know more than you about Browning and OKGs"
    Doog things Chest did:

Thought his shitty little pod was gonna make it big because he booked Papa "feces in my throat" Victor and Christian Caple.

Brought on HowlingHusky, the number one Doog at doogpound, as producer ("the move to Friday Harbor did wonders for the content.")

Censored himself in order to try to follow through on moves one and two.

Predicted this site would die if the Huskies ever started winning.

Lil Jimmy.

Probably more but I stopped paying attention.
    Yep.

I'm Pro Chest as we go way back to his ReggieIsGod and SexMoney days and I've always liked the guy. I like his appreciation of metrics, and it's too bad he bailed out when he did because he actually was right all offseason that 2016 was going to be special.

But the way he left was super lame. I have no problem with him coming back into the fold, would be cool if he owned up to some of that though.

And "LOL" at the idea he's not a doog. DDY has no clue what a doog is. Love you both though!
    My last communication with Chest was when he PM'd me saying that UW was going to give him access on the condition that he not associate with Hardcore Husky in any way. So he told me to take down the ad I had running for his podcast, and terminate his account.

That being said, I never told him to leave, and I hold no grudge. If he wanted to start posting here again that would be fine by me. If he doesn't, that's fine too.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

What did Chest do again?

And to @Squirt - no fuck Pete and his OKG bullshit. It literally just means white guys and people who talk like or act like white people.

It's just armchair racism/culturism masquerading as a policy. It's total bullshit.

Today Bob Gregory said Tevis and BBK "are not quite as emotional" as Azeem and Keishawn and we'd get emotional leadership from JoJo.

FUCK OKG BULLSHIT.

Pete would not do anything differently if he were fucking Adolf Hitler if Adolf had to win games. Adolf was pragmatic too.

We are going to go from 2016 with Kev King and Azeem ... and now we are going to be Jake Browning and Tevis Bartlett.

WE ARE SUPER REASONABLE. LEVEL-HEADED!!! WOOOHOOOOOO!!! Let's get fucking cranked for a reasonable team that views blacks as 'irrational and emotional' and whites as 'level-headed'.

Live look at DDY

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

What did Chest do again?

FUCK OKG BULLSHIT.

Hitler would have won a playoff game at least
    No, he lost in the playoff to the USSR. Fortunately for all of humanity the Natty game never happened except in hockey which wasn't even a Natty game.
  • Options
    SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Anyone here that thinks Pete and everyone on staff would have 'construct definition' in any meaningful way on OKGs is a motherfucking retard.

Literally none of them really know what it means and it mostly means 'just act like you're white/slow strategy... but in a pinch, just being white works.'

I've been called worse.

Dennis, I'd be interested to know what differences you see between how Dabo Swinney and Chris Petersen evaluate recruits. As you've mentioned, their management and coaching philosophies seem to be substantively identical, although their terms differ:

> Like Pete, Dabo talks about the importance of culture.
    > Like Pete, Dabo tries to have a family atmosphere.
    > Like Pete, Dabo has a program to focus on the whole person and set up his players for after football.
    > Like Pete, Dabo wants guys who work hard and have high character.

(One interesting difference is Dabo's emphasis on his Christian faith. Maybe that resonated with Joseph Ngata and his family.)

What could Pete and his staff learn from Dabo and the Clemson program? You guys talked a little bit about Clemson on the pod, but maybe you could add to it?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

What did Chest do again?

FUCK OKG BULLSHIT.

Seems as if you care
    I really need a blow job right now man.

Warned on behalf of @dnc
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

What did Chest do again?

FUCK OKG BULLSHIT.

Hitler would have won a playoff game at least
    No, he lost in the playoff to the USSR. Fortunately for all of humanity the Natty game never happened except in hockey which wasn't even a Natty game.
    He lost a natty to them, unfortunately for him the USSR had home field advantage
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Squirt said:

I just got around to listening to the pod, and I really enjoyed it.

About the OKG thing. I suspect that Coach Petersen's early experiences at the UW with Naijiel Hale, Darren Gardenhire, Marcus Peters, Lavon Washington, and Drew Lewis, and even Kentrell Love (whose Twitter currently says, "I need $") have made him even less likely to take risks on guys who don't fit his OKG profile.

It's a risk-management thing. For every JoJo Mathis, there was a Lavon Washington. While his program could change the lives of a lot of guys, he still wouldn't be able to reach many kids too. The risk-reward calculus just isn't there, in his mind.

If that's his thinking, I agree with it.

I'm not saying that the UW should focus recruiting resources on three- and two-star guys who work hard and want to be developed. I'm not saying the UW can win a championship with Boise State rosters. I am saying, however, that the UW should continue to screen out guys who don't take coaching and don't handle adversity well.

Jimmy Lake's recent interview boiled down his recruiting criteria into three points:
    - Toughness and physicality
    - Takes coaching
    - Handles adversity

That's it. Nothing about academics. Nothing about a preference for dudes who are into deferred gratification. I'm fine with that.

It's not a perfect process. No process is. But it fits Coach Petersen, allowing him to be authentic with recruits and their parents.

Rather than take greater risks that could endanger the culture and result in more attrition, I'd prefer to let his recruiting strategy play out with the caliber of recruits who are now committing. LIPO.

Fuck this Doog bullshit. Seriously.

If you think the coaches know what an OKG is you're a fucking sheep. They have no idea.

Also, all those guys - fuck that. Risk management? What the fuck is this?

How could you listen to the pod and conclude that the coaches know what an OKG is if they thought fucking Brandon Kaho was.

GTFO

Thanks for the Free Pub Buttfucker!!!!

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Hitler didn't make the playoffs

He started out 7 and 0 then collapsed to end up 7 and 6

Thats on him for hiring Sumlin.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Hitler didn't make the playoffs

He started out 7 and 0 then collapsed to end up 7 and 6

The Vichy French weren’t OKGs.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Have we gotten an explanation for why Chest is no longer persona non grata? Because that guy is a fucking idiot

After calling HCH AIDS on his way out the door, surprised he would go on a pod with the purported mods of the HCH recruiting bored.
    TBH I wasn't paying attention when Chest left here, but I don't really remember any of the acrimony or anything. Maybe there was... who knows? IDGAF - he's my dude.

5) White supremacist Doog (a/k/a "the coaches know more than you about Browning and OKGs"
    Doog things Chest did:

Thought his shitty little pod was gonna make it big because he booked Papa "feces in my throat" Victor and Christian Caple.

Brought on HowlingHusky, the number one Doog at doogpound, as producer ("the move to Friday Harbor did wonders for the content.")

Lil Jimmy.

Yep.

I'm Pro Chest as we go way back to his ReggieIsGod and SexMoney days and I've always liked the guy. I like his appreciation of metrics, and it's too bad he bailed out when he did because he actually was right all offseason that 2016 was going to be special.

But the way he left was super lame. I have no problem with him coming back into the fold, would be cool if he owned up to some of that though.

And "LOL" at the idea he's not a doog. DDY has no clue what a doog is. Love you both though!
    Agree with literally every take here, dnc. Good chit. Chest still reads HH and fights on the same side we do. He should come back, take the lumps he knows he'll get (it'll be funny if he doesn't have ultra thin skin), and then we move on. Like I said, if Derek can get over it I think most of you can too.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    Swaye's Wigwam
    His metrics sucked in 14 and 15. He was claiming better than the record bullshit
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Doog things Chest did:

Lil Jimmy.

Yep.

Agree with literally every take here, dnc. Good chit. Chest still reads HH and fights on the same side we do. He should come back, take the lumps he knows he'll get (it'll be funny if he doesn't have ultra thin skin), and then we move on. Like I said, if Derek can get over it I think most of you can too.

Absolutely, No one cares that much. But not showing face and then expecting people to listen to your bullshit on a podcast ain't gonna fly.

Puss move, puss poaster