Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2018 "Blue Chips" in Progress Fupdate

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Useless without @TheChart
    My dick curves to the right, is that a skewed distribution?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,976 Founders Club
    AuburnFan said:

Current 247 Four Star or Better Recruits on our 2018 Roster

2018 Recruiting Class - 12 (factors Kaho couch sale)
    2017 Recruiting Class - 9
    2016 Recruiting Class - 7
    2015 Recruiting Class - 5
    2014 Recruiting Class - 1

Skinny

Total: 35 Blue Chips

This is the most talented roster we've had in long god damned time and damn close to 40 or more In Progress objective.

Pretty good ... you guys would be ranked about 8th in the SEC with all those 4 stars.
    Auburn has 73 over the same 5 year period
    So of the 73 Auburn got LOI's over the past 5 years, how many are currently on the roster- i.e., "in progress". I would assume there has been some attrition, right?
  • AuburnFanAuburnFan Member Posts: 173

AuburnFan said:

Skinny

This is the most talented roster we've had in long god damned time and damn close to 40 or more In Progress objective.

Pretty good ... you guys would be ranked about 8th in the SEC with all those 4 stars.
    So of the 73 Auburn got LOI's over the past 5 years, how many are currently on the roster- i.e., "in progress". I would assume there has been some attrition, right?
    Absolutely. 23 are gone (half of that is from the 14 class that all but 2 players are left) the other half were mostly NFL, grad and about 3 or 4 who didn't make it.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam

All of that potential talent squandered so this guy can complete his senior season

Pete is top 5 coach. That's what I've been hearing.

More OBK, less @AZDuck

AuburnFan said:

AuburnFan said:

Skinny

Absolutely. 23 are gone (half of that is from the 14 class that all but 2 players are left) the other half were mostly NFL, grad and about 3 or 4 who didn't make it.
    So 50 Blue Chips in progress for Auburn to 35 for us. Most of us left coasters feel there's a bias in the star ratings favoring the East, but still I would have expected Auburn to have a better overall talent level.
    Great observation Captain Obvious ... 50 out of 85 and shabby .... and 15 more is the difference of depth between our two programs. Our second team DL would start for every team in the country not named Bama. We're actually deeper than Bama on the DL this year. Also this lists said 4 and 5 stars. I bet we have quite a bit more 5 stars (TRUE Blue Chips) than y'all ... most of which are on the DL.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    AuburnFan said:

AuburnFan said:

AuburnFan said:

Skinny

So 50 Blue Chips in progress for Auburn to 35 for us. Most of us left coasters feel there's a bias in the star ratings favoring the East, but still I would have expected Auburn to have a better overall talent level.
    Great observation Captain Obvious ... 50 out of 85 and shabby .... and 15 more is the difference of depth between our two programs. Our second team DL would start for every team in the country not named Bama. We're actually deeper than Bama on the DL this year. Also this lists said 4 and 5 stars. I bet we have quite a bit more 5 stars (TRUE Blue Chips) than y'all ... most of which are on the DL.

Your second team DL wouldn't start for us let alone Bama or Clemson.

They also were MIA against fucking UCF.

Let's let if play out a bit. Yeah, you guys beat Bama last year, but you do that periodically no matter who is on either roster.

AuburnFan said:

AuburnFan said:

Skinny

And for some reason they didn't calculate Stidham into the rankings (Arguably the best QB in the country per some Draft experts) and a sure 1st rounder. Probably because he was a transfer, but still had 3 years of eligibility left.
  • ImHuskyYouFatImHuskyYouFat Member Posts: 45

#TheScript
    $special = function(){ if ( YEAR( NOW() ) == ( YEAR( NOW() ) + 2 ) ) { return true; } else { return false; } }

Fixed to guarantee proper order of operations, but this function still likely never returns true.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

#TheScript
    $special = function(){ if ( YEAR( NOW() ) == ( YEAR( NOW() ) + 2 ) ) { return true; } else { return false; } }

Fixed to guarantee proper order of operations, but this function still likely never returns true.

Huh?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

Stidham is a piece of shit who couldn't start at Oregon

Neither could Tom Brady but still

He went to Baylor. Both love their porking lots so I understand it’s hard.
  • ImHuskyYouFatImHuskyYouFat Member Posts: 45
    edited August 2018

#TheScript

Huh?
    So, it's hard to dicktaste what the fucktions NOW() and YEAR() actually return, butt with no arguments passed in, I would assume NOW() == NOW() and YEAR() == YEAR(), so simplified, you are basically saying: SPECIAL is if X = X + 2. Which will never be true.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966

Skinny

Not USC-talented. That would be sacrilege.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966

I think we only loose 3 x 4 stars to graduation, right - i.e., McGary, Adams and Browning. What 4 star kids are we likely to lose for early NFL departures?

With 7 x (2019) 4 stars who have given verbals and our likelihood to pick up a few more, we're looking at being over 40 in progress for 2019.

Skinny

I can see right through the smoke of Peterman's overrated 4 stars. The O linemen are fat and the other players probably won't sign and they're all USC/Oregon left-overs.

This is the most overrated class I've seen since I started paying attention!!

Doogalicious.