Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Stable Genius weighs in on the California wildfires

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

God. 70 percent of the fucking earth is water and we're worrying about not enough water.

In 100 years people are going to laugh at us.

We've accomplished a lot of stuff but man, using ocean water in a feasible process is one of the major missing ingredients.

California already has around 20 desalination plants. Problems is that it takes huge amounts of energy and then you are left with a shit load of salt.
    I mean economically feasible.

Yeah. It's not economically feasible.

All I'm saying is that for a species that depends on fresh water to survive you'd think that would have been one of the first major inventions
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We can do it we just have politicians that are about as smart as the posters here
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

dflea said:

The mountain run off from the pacific states is all the water we could ever use

God forbid someone thinks outside the box rather than just whining about it and jacking water rates

That runoff is our industrial powerplant and means for salmon and steelhead to get to the ocean.

Enjoy your sun and fires and keep your fucking hands off our water, Sunny Jim.

Fucking Californians. Even the ones who haven't moved here are looking to fuck up our gig.
    Most of the water melts and heads for the ocean. Besides dams are being torn down now by progressives. Go fuck yourself
    There have been two dams removed in WA, both 100+ years old and completely worthless. I'll take the 14 MW loss and a restored Elwha run any day.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

God forbid someone thinks outside the box rather than just whining about it and jacking water rates

That runoff is our industrial powerplant and means for salmon and steelhead to get to the ocean.

Fucking Californians. Even the ones who haven't moved here are looking to fuck up our gig.
    Most of the water melts and heads for the ocean. Besides dams are being torn down now by progressives. Go fuck yourself
    I was waiting for something a little more zesty coming back my way from you.

You can't move away from mildewville down to the land of sun and surf and then think you're going to latch on to our glorious water.

No dam that's worth a shit is going anywhere. The ones being torn down are relics with no viability. In fact a new dam on the upper Chehalis is in the works now to protect the retards in Lewis county that thought a flood plain would be a good place to build Chehalis and Centralia. They'd probably send you some water.

• Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Didn't they ask for money from the Federal Government to help with their wildfires? I would tell California to FUCK OFF. No help until you get rid of sanctuary cities and start obeying the law. CA doesn't need the help anyway, isn't CA the 6th largest economy in the world or something like that, according to @CirrhosisDawg ? Why do they need money from the United States of America? Fuck off.

Fifth largest.

California is being forced to pay for trump’s crony capitalism— trade wars, tariffs, inflationary tax and spending, and farmer welfare. If we weren’t bailing out unskilled and uneducated trumpanzees, we wouldn’t need any federal disaster relief. We are more than able to pay our own way.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

dflea said:

I was waiting for something a little more zesty coming back my way from you.

You can't move away from mildewville down to the land of sun and surf and then think you're going to latch on to our glorious water.

No dam that's worth a shit is going anywhere. The ones being torn down are relics with no viability. In fact a new dam on the upper Chehalis is in the works now to protect the retards in Lewis county that thought a flood plain would be a good place to build Chehalis and Centralia. They'd probably send you some water.

California lets enough run off in the north end of the state to solve an "shortages" The drought was the best thing that happened to all the ass clowns in authority. Couldn't fuck with people fast enough
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Maybe if they had the living water of the Holy Spirit they wouldn't be incurring God's wrath.
  • Options
    HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The only person I trust to investigate and opine on Southern California water usage is Jake Gittes
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

The only person I trust to investigate and opine on Southern California water usage is pgos

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The only person I trust to investigate and opine on Southern California water usage is Jake Gittes

He has a nose for water
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

HRYK

And Oregon and Washington run off too

Rome did a couple centuries ago. Not that hard if you aren't wasting billions on a train from Fresno to Bakersfield

Agreed. You? Pay for the aquifer and the metered gate and We? Will gladly except those billion$. However I’m not sure this fits into @CirrhosisDawg s California at all.
  • Options
  • Options

I'm confused. Are the fire fighters running out of water in S Cal when dealing with these fires?

Hell hath no furry like So Cal fire season which will always happen when you have heat, fuel and wind. Don't see what water coming from North to South has to do with it. Both of my childhood homes came with in a c hair of burning to the ground in the 2003 and 2007 Cedar and Witch Fires.

@RaceBannon is right about Washington/Oregon water going to CA at some point. It's inevitable.

Welp the Carr Fire ran right through Lake Shasta, so water supply isn’t the issue here. It’s mismanagement of forests more than anything. Eventually all of the neglected forests will burn.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

@RaceBannon is right about Washington/Oregon water going to CA at some point. It's inevitable.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

I'm confused. Are the fire fighters running out of water in S Cal when dealing with these fires?

Hell hath no furry like So Cal fire season which will always happen when you have heat, fuel and wind. Don't see what water coming from North to South has to do with it. Both of my childhood homes came with in a c hair of burning to the ground in the 2003 and 2007 Cedar and Witch Fires.

Welp the Carr Fire ran right through Lake Shasta, so water supply isn’t the issue here. It’s mismanagement of forests more than anything. Eventually all of the neglected forests will burn.
    You know better how to manage a forest than mother nature too. I see.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mother nature’s forest management consists of periodic fires that keep the underbrush down and prevents the build up of a fuel load.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

You know better how to manage a forest than mother nature too. I see.
    No. No one does. And it didn’t really matter until people moved close to forests and then of course utilized them to build our country. After the Tillamook burn, the West realized that clear cutting alone wouldn’t prevent a big fire from forming. They realized you had to thin the forests and the ground clutter. But then in the 90s people that had no clue as to how to manage a forest locked the gates. Couple that with sustained above average heat and no humidity every Summer now, in the West, this is the new normal. Unless we spend the scratch to unlock the gates, eventually every neglected forest area will burn up in the West.