Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

But how is Jake Browning a locker room cancer?

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Doogles said:

Y'all a bunch of babies on this one. I take it as he's seeing what NFL QBs look like in the room for once and is trying to prove he's the best.

I don't mind this at all. Easons presence has to be helping

God, fuck this shit brings out the Doogs.

Go contrast this with what Gaines said about being excited to take the young guys under his wing or what Myles said about his mentorship of Salvon meant to him when he was thinking about returning.

If you guys don’t think that Jake is a fucking cancer then seriously fuck you.

Jake has never been, nor ever will be, a leader.

He’s a fucking spoiled, weak armed, cry baby who is lazy and selfish. Oh, and shits the bed in critical situations. He got handed a job he doesn’t deserve and has only kept it because he was Smith’s golden boy and Smith couldn’t recruit anyone else.

Fuck Jake. He’s a blight on UW football. He sucks. And he’s a loser.

Alabamapicksix.gif
    RunningbackwardsagainstStanford.gif
    RunningbackwardsandfallingoveragainstUSC.gif
    free pub
  • Options
    skinnedskinned Member Posts: 103
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Domicillo said:

skinned said:

One time I called the John Clayton show and asked him about Jake Browning. He (and some idiot co-host) were firmly in the “he’s a great leader that will be a top 100 NFL draft pick” camp. It was funny and weird to hear my voice on the radio. What a rush!

a white QB who's not a freshman = great leader
    Trump’s America bro. Old (ish) and white? It’s like your flaws and character blemishes don’t even exist.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited August 2018

Also KJ’s WR corp is much better than Browning’s which is rather pathetic. Fuck Pease.

It’s better cuz KJ. HTH
    Yeah and he has like 3 NFL players that are all like 6”3 plus on the outside. He’s going to have an incredible year.
    What's the CSU equivalent of a Doog?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2018

Also KJ’s WR corp is much better than Browning’s which is rather pathetic. Fuck Pease.

It’s better cuz KJ. HTH
    Yeah and he has like 3 NFL players that are all like 6”3 plus on the outside. He’s going to have an incredible year.
    What's the CSU equivalent of a Doog?
    NFL network did like a thing on the top 10 draft eligible WRs CSU had two of them. I’m a Kooj Coorta Samooel.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The type of response you want to see out of a QB/leader after a FG miss like that is to go up and down the offense talking about how they had a great drive, need to finish next time that they get the ball, and that there is plenty of time left to get the job done and win the game.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I'm in the middle on this. I do think Browning is somewhat of a selfish punk. That said, this is fishing. It's a quote that in my interpretation meant, "I gotta focus on my senior season. I still have to get better and I'm more worried about that than helping the other QB's."

This is the proper interpretation if he's earned the benefit of the doubt. Has he?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

I'm in the middle on this. I do think Browning is somewhat of a selfish punk. That said, this is fishing. It's a quote that in my interpretation meant, "I gotta focus on my senior season. I still have to get better and I'm more worried about that than helping the other QB's."

This is the proper interpretation if he's earned the benefit of the doubt. Has he?
    There is a big difference between what Browning is saying vs what Gaines, Jaylen Johnson, McIntosh say. Johnson was quoted today saying that he focuses on being a guy young players can look up to.
  • Options
    DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 598
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Honestly, good for you if you saw last year’s work, and the two quote-laden Jood articles so far this fall, and come away feeling in the middle or in brownings corner at this point. I really do hope you are right. I generally bias toward those who put in actual hard work, and/or engender themselves to their team (especially as a 4th year starter at qb) but what do I know.
  • Options
    HorrifyinglyAlluringHorrifyinglyAlluring Member Posts: 102
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2018
    Browning needs to shut the fuck up and ball out. These quotes do not engender confidence, rather they are a mite pedantic. I hope he surprises everyone but I'm guessing by 10:00 1st Q against Auburn he'll have returned to Brownsocks form.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2018
    PurpleJ said:

Pete should be fired for making him a 4 year starter.

urban has been spotted at seatac, he has no problem selling his soul
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Doogles said:

Y'all a bunch of babies on this one. I take it as he's seeing what NFL QBs look like in the room for once and is trying to prove he's the best.

I don't mind this at all. Easons presence has to be helping

God, fuck this shit brings out the Doogs.

Go contrast this with what Gaines said about being excited to take the young guys under his wing or what Myles said about his mentorship of Salvon meant to him when he was thinking about returning.

If you guys don’t think that Jake is a fucking cancer then seriously fuck you.

Jake has never been, nor ever will be, a leader.

He’s a fucking spoiled, weak armed, cry baby who is lazy and selfish. Oh, and shits the bed in critical situations. He got handed a job he doesn’t deserve and has only kept it because he was Smith’s golden boy and Smith couldn’t recruit anyone else.

Fuck Jake. He’s a blight on UW football. He sucks. And he’s a loser.

Alabamapicksix.gif
    RunningbackwardsagainstStanford.gif
    RunningbackwardsandfallingoveragainstUSC.gif
    Something tells me that these words would never have been poasted if Jake was black.

And lol at the whole “But He isn’t helping the other QB’s!!’”

Since you clearly don’t know shit about Football, let me remind you that only 1 QB gets to play. You can jerk off Gaines and Gaskin for helping out the other DL and Rbs all you want but none of those guys take every snap like a QB does. Most of the guys that they are allegedly helping out are gonna play this Season.

Joe Montana didn’t help out Steve Young and Brett Favre didn’t help out Aaron Rodgers. Luke Falk didn’t help out Hlinski either for that matter.

And I doubt that Camaro and Brunell were bending over backwards to give the other guy a leg up at taking his snaps.

There’s a lot of reasons for you guys to dislike Jake but this is the most retarded one I’ve heard so far. But give it time, I’m sure it will be topped soon enough.
  • Options
    SyphilisButterSyphilisButter Member Posts: 221
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    NEsnake12 said:

Contrast Jake's attitude with the dynamic between Myles and Salvon... you can really tell how important Myles' friendship/mentorship/competition is towards Salvon is in this video, especially when Myles jumps in around 3:55. They push each other but respect the hell out of each other and try to make each other better...

https://youtu.be/FJuU8mNYdZQ?t=3m1s

damn thanks for posting that. good watch.