Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coach Pete's Press Conference

SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
Jood has the video and a transcript. A few snippets I liked or found interesting:
Softy, don’t get any ideas (about buying the same shirt Petersen is wearing). You already ruined my other one. [Softy wore Pete's lucky aloha shirt]

(On the redshirt rule change will alter your philosophy on playing first year guys?) “... when you probably get toward the end of your season, that’s when it’s going to be, I don’t know what the right word is, an insurance marker where you feel like you lost guys and you need some guys out there and you’re not worried about playing a kid for such few games. ...”

(on new outside linebackers with Tevis Bartlett shifting inside) “We have some young guy we really like. Myles Rice and Ariel Ngata. Benning and Bowman and Joe Tryon who redshirted and has done some good things. That’s a decent crew right there that we’ll mix and match and see. We wouldn’t have done that had we not felt like that’s better overall. I think it’s a win-win because I think Tevis, we know we can always kick him back out there, he’s one of the smartest guys we have so we know we can kick him back out there.

(How do you envision Salvon Ahmed’s role being this season?) “I hope he gets the ball a lot. And I think we have smart coaches that are trying to figure out how to do that." [This quote can be read at a little bit of a lament at Smiff's inability to get Ahmed the ball more.]

“I did the Blue Angels a handful of years back… and wow. I don’t even know how to explain this, I mean it was the most painful half-hour of my life. I mean, I was up in the middle of this going, ‘Please stop this ride, this is not fun.’ What it does gives you so much respect for those guys up there. Like when they would really be in combat, and maneuvering and I mean, I don’t even know how the guy was flying the plane, because I couldn’t even see. I was almost passing out half the time, and I had tears in my eyes, when I got off the plane I kissed the ground, it was like I made it.”

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Peterman confirming Tevis is the most cranial player on the team.
  • Options

Did he tell Joey Thomas to fuck off

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Squirt said:

Jood has the video and a transcript. A few snippets I liked or found interesting:

Softy, don’t get any ideas (about buying the same shirt Petersen is wearing). You already ruined my other one. [Softy wore Pete's lucky aloha shirt]

(On the redshirt rule change will alter your philosophy on playing first year guys?) “... when you probably get toward the end of your season, that’s when it’s going to be, I don’t know what the right word is, an insurance marker where you feel like you lost guys and you need some guys out there and you’re not worried about playing a kid for such few games. ...”

(on new outside linebackers with Tevis Bartlett shifting inside) “We have some young guy we really like. Myles Rice and Ariel Ngata. Benning and Bowman and Joe Tryon who redshirted and has done some good things. That’s a decent crew right there that we’ll mix and match and see. We wouldn’t have done that had we not felt like that’s better overall. I think it’s a win-win because I think Tevis, we know we can always kick him back out there, he’s one of the smartest guys we have so we know we can kick him back out there.

(How do you envision Salvon Ahmed’s role being this season?) “I hope he gets the ball a lot. And I think we have smart coaches that are trying to figure out how to do that." [This quote can be read at a little bit of a lament at Smiff's inability to get Ahmed the ball more.]

“I did the Blue Angels a handful of years back… and wow. I don’t even know how to explain this, I mean it was the most painful half-hour of my life. I mean, I was up in the middle of this going, ‘Please stop this ride, this is not fun.’ What it does gives you so much respect for those guys up there. Like when they would really be in combat, and maneuvering and I mean, I don’t even know how the guy was flying the plane, because I couldn’t even see. I was almost passing out half the time, and I had tears in my eyes, when I got off the plane I kissed the ground, it was like I made it.”

Theory confirmed. Peterman is not fast strategy enough for fighters.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Squirt said:

pls. just hand the fuckin ball off every fucking down.
  • Options

Squirt said:

Yeah, it really shouldn't be so hard. Pass less, run more.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Squirt said:

Squirt said:

Yeah, it really shouldn't be so hard. Pass less, run more.
    Uh, u cant blsme Pete for who he had in qb room his 1st year...his 2nd year HIS handpicked true frosh became one of most prolific passer in pac12 history and a spot in playoff the following year...but facts always get in the way of your posts dipdick