Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kaho's dad still pushing him to BAMA

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dawgs206 said:

Tequilla said:

Again, the course he needed to pass was completed. This much we know. Also straight from the NCAA.org PDF:

Once a player signs an LOI, he cannot be recruited by any other schools and he is obligated to attend the school he signs with. If he doesn't enroll, he can't enroll anywhere else without first sitting out a year. If he enrolls at another school which recruited him, he has to sit out another year as well under NCAA regs (and this is in addition to the one year NCAA penalty for transfer).

In other words, a player who signs an LOI had better be sure he wants to attend that school because that's where he's going to attend unless the school decides to let him out of his LOI by granting a release.

EXACTLY

Which is why the only school is grant a release to was Nevada to satisfy the whole “family reasons” angle. Any other school at this point is BS and tied to Pops getting paid.
    maybe he failed the class? lol who knows

went to great lengths to go to uw when bama sc byu didnt req that class

strange all around
    Yea, could be that simple. Doesn't seem to really add up from that angle either. If it was as simple as that ask for your release and go to Bama or SC. A family member (while asking for anonymity) went to both the local and Seattle media and leaked the story. They wanted that info out there. Why not just say he didn't get in if that is the story or wait to get your release, which Pete would have to do regardless? Seems like it would be easier to go to a school not named BYU or Nevada in that case.
    I don't think we're dealing with the top of the academic society here. There likely wasn't much forethought put in to the story or leak.

At the end of the day, if the dude really wants to go elsewhere, or his dad is going to be such a pain that he's not happy at UW anyway then just move on. He can join tate martell as the most likely to never crack the 2-deep on any roster, transfer 3 times and all end up back in Nevada
    I don't know if I buy the angle really but for the record Reno's education system is absolute dreck. Like worse than Alabama type bad. If I remember correctly they had the highest rate of illiteracy for a long time and were consistently ranked the worst in the nation. From my own experience I have quite a few adult friends from there and their academis abilities are usually on par with an average middle schooler(at best). I can only imagine if you are a star football player the kind of turnstile your classes could have been if they needed to help along your eligibility.
    Did Trump win in Reno? Asking for a friend
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

This really fucking blows...now way around it. BUT seems like a pretty cut and dry case of WDWHA and not in a Doog way. If he's legit emo, he's not going to be worth a shit to anyone for a year or two. If it's fucked up bagman shit we don't want that and one can only hope there's a way to expose the evil doers.

We wanted him anyway.

If we really DWHA they'd have released him already.
    Honest question here: What precedent does is set when you start letting kids out of LOIs? I don't know the answer.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

This really fucking blows...now way around it. BUT seems like a pretty cut and dry case of WDWHA and not in a Doog way. If he's legit emo, he's not going to be worth a shit to anyone for a year or two. If it's fucked up bagman shit we don't want that and one can only hope there's a way to expose the evil doers.

We wanted him anyway.

If we really DWHA they'd have released him already.
    Honest question here: What precedent does is set when you start letting kids out of LOIs? I don't know the answer.

Fuck, I just don't like people.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    There’s no way we take Gee Scott Jr. after this. Pete will interpret the lesson from the Kaho experience as never accept a commitment unless the parents are both 100% in for UW too.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

He just started following an Alabama recruiting coordinator.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I remember when Eddie Vanderdoes pulled this exact same shit. Kelly tried to deny his request and the NCAA vetoed him.

Kaho will likely try the same shit. The whole "football is not important right now" narrative is just to buy sympathy.

Vanderdoes pulled out months earlier not the day before training camp and it took him two appeals to win so explain to me how Kaho plays for another program this year?

Vanderdoes similarly pled family issues but that is a little more believable when you are staying in Cali instead of South Bend vs going across the country to Tuscaloosa.
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Bread said:

I remember when Eddie Vanderdoes pulled this exact same shit. Kelly tried to deny his request and the NCAA vetoed him.

Kaho will likely try the same shit. The whole "football is not important right now" narrative is just to buy sympathy.

Vanderdoes pulled out months earlier not the day before training camp and it took him two appeals to win so explain to me how Kaho plays for another program this year?

Vanderdoes similarly pled family issues but that is a little more believable when you are staying in Cali instead of South Bend vs going across the country to Tuscaloosa.
    No, His dad is having a rougher time then Ale. He needs to be with his dad right now. Luckily things are starting look up for his dad with his new job offer in Tuscaloosa. Moving to Tuscaloosa with his dad makes perfect sense; he'll figure out football once he gets there and sees what options are nearby. Football is not the priority right now.
    I'm pretty sure that would raise too many red flags even for Alabama.