Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete's transition class fupdate

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited August 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
With eight redshirt seniors left (and a redshirt junior), the story of Pete's first class is getting close to being complete.

Still at UW
Gaines
McGary
McIntosh
String Johnson
Bowman
James
Sample
Sosebee

Left as true juniors: Drafted
Baker
Jones

Left as redshirt junior: Drafted
Vea

Exhausted eligibility: Drafted
Pettis
Dissly

Exhausted eligibility: Not drafted
Vizcaino

Transferred: Other schools
KJCS
Dotson
Washington (dismissed)
Lenius (Dickey)
D Lewis (dismissed)

Transferred: Prison
Haie Dogg (dismissed) and Darren G

Medically retired
Turner
B Lewis
Bryant

Grayshirted and still here
Burleson

Summary: Lots of dreck at the bottom as you would expect from a transition class. The top of the class is incredible for a class rated 38 in the composite though. So far you have one first round pick, three second round picks, and a fourth rounder (and one of the second rounders would have been a first but for an injury incurred after finishing his play at UW). Then you have McGary, Gaines, Johnson and McIntosh who all have a decent shot at worst of getting drafted this year. When it's all said and done you're probably looking at 8 to 9 draft picks with probably at least 5 1st or 2nd day picks (assuming McGary goes top 3 rounds which he should).

I know we've discussed this class a lot but I haven't seen anyone sum it all for a couple years. The staff has gotten a highly impressive return on this class, which should make us? feel good about the future of the consistently higher rated classes they have gotten going forward from there.

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dnc said:

With eight redshirt seniors left (and a redshirt junior), the story of Pete's first class is getting close to being complete.

Still at UW
    Gaines
    McGary
    McIntosh
    String Johnson
    Bowman
    James
    Sample
    Sosebee

Baker
    Jones

Vea

Pettis
    Dissly

Vizcaino

KJCS
    Dotson
    Washington (dismissed)
    Lenius (Dickey)
    D Lewis (dismissed)

Medically retired
    Turner
    B Lewis
    Bryant

Burleson

Summary: Lots of dreck at the bottom as you would expect from a transition class. The top of the class is incredible for a class rated 38 in the composite though. So far you have one first round pick, three second round picks, and a fourth rounder (and one of the second rounders would have been a first but for an injury incurred after finishing his play at UW). Then you have McGary, Gaines, Johnson and McIntosh who all have a decent shot at worst of getting drafted this year. When it's all said and done you're probably looking at 8 to 9 draft picks with probably at least 5 1st or 2nd day picks (assuming McGary goes top 3 rounds which he should).

I know we've discussed this class a lot but I haven't seen anyone sum it all for a couple years. The staff has gotten a highly impressive return on this class, which should make us? feel good about the future of the consistently higher rated classes they have gotten going forward from there.

Reason is simple. Pete cares about character. Pete cares about grades. Pete cares if a kid is actually passionate about football. Pete cares about work ethic. Pete doesn't give a shit about star rankings.

Our? 4* are the most solid 4* I've seen since I began following recruiting last month.

hTh
  • Options

dnc said:

Still at UW
    Gaines
    McGary
    McIntosh
    String Johnson
    Bowman
    James
    Sample
    Sosebee

Baker
    Jones

Vea

Pettis
    Dissly

Vizcaino

KJCS
    Dotson
    Washington (dismissed)
    Lenius (Dickey)
    D Lewis (dismissed)

Medically retired
    Turner
    B Lewis
    Bryant

Burleson

Reason is simple. Pete cares about character. Pete cares about grades. Pete cares if a kid is actually passionate about football. Pete cares about work ethic. Pete doesn't give a shit about star rankings.

Our? 4* are the most solid 4* I've seen since I began following recruiting last month.

hTh
    Since when do you get to say our?. We? bullied you outside Kane Hall and we'll do it again. You don't get to jump on the wagon now with me, Pup, and Billy.
    Oh, but I do.

You've still much to learn grasshopper.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Too much Sosebee.

But still, holy shit. If we’ve done this well with this class, the mind boggles of where we’ll be once our good classes take root.

Yep, basically my only complaint is we?re giving five years of eligibility to the James/Sosobee/Burlison trio, but that’s a minor quibble. This staff develops like nothing I’ve ever seen.
  • Options

dnc said:

Still at UW
    Gaines
    McGary
    McIntosh
    String Johnson
    Bowman
    James
    Sample
    Sosebee

Baker
    Jones

Vea

Pettis
    Dissly

Vizcaino

KJCS
    Dotson
    Washington (dismissed)
    Lenius (Dickey)
    D Lewis (dismissed)

Medically retired
    Turner
    B Lewis
    Bryant

Burleson

hTh
    Since when do you get to say our?. We? bullied you outside Kane Hall and we'll do it again. You don't get to jump on the wagon now with me, Pup, and Billy.
    Oh, but I do.

You've still much to learn grasshopper.
    Well, I grew up on the beaches of Orange County surrounding by hot USC MILFS and you don't see me rooting for the Troojans as my #1 team. Maybe it's because I grew up in a unique moment in history where UW had become the real Left Coast Alpha and USC was has been beta program.
    That is sacrilegious talk coming from a DAWG!
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The correlation between this class’ recruiting rankings and their Jesse Collier outcome is probably very high.

So, basically, the idea is that when Pete has even decent recruits, they generally end up being big time.

Now ready for some good news?

Every player we got in 2018 was rated higher than the 5th best player we got in 2014.

I repeat, the lowest rated player in our 2018 class would’ve been 5th in 2018. Think about that.

It bodes well.

Who fucking cares? Pete doesn't like to recruit black people. It's all for naught.
  • Options
    SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Just letting it sink it... if there were consistently that many NFL draftees per class, the roster could get the point to where there would be 30-40 NFL players on it at any given point.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The correlation between this class’ recruiting rankings and their Jesse Collier outcome is probably very high.

So, basically, the idea is that when Pete has even decent recruits, they generally end up being big time.

Now ready for some good news?

Every player we got in 2018 was rated higher than the 5th best player we got in 2014.

I repeat, the lowest rated player in our 2018 class would’ve been 5th in 2018. Think about that.

It bodes well.

Then I'm boding and dooging.
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Too much Sosebee.

But still, holy shit. If we’ve done this well with this class, the mind boggles of where we’ll be once our good classes take root.

Yep, basically my only complaint is we?re giving five years of eligibility to the James/Sosobee/Burlison trio, but that’s a minor quibble. This staff develops like nothing I’ve ever seen.
    Not worried.... Strausser will corch 'em up!!{{1!}

For reals doe.... Amazing fucking class under the circumstances.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    guntlove said:

dnc said:

Too much Sosebee.

Not worried.... Strausser will corch 'em up!!{{1!}

For reals doe.... Amazing fucking class under the circumstances.
    This guy GETS it.