Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My thoughts on Mario Cristoballz

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
He's a damn good recruiter. In his first full season, he's on pace for Oregon's best recruiting class ever. But, I kind of have a problem with his recruiting method. Mainly, the amount of ass kissing that goes to these recruits concerns me. I feel it attracts soft, and attention seeking primadonnas. You don't see Pete doing that shit. That's the kind of shit Sark did. I think we'll learn pretty quick if Mario recruits talkers or walkers.

He needs to show me something on the field. His one and only game as head coach at Oregon was a disaster. That loss was much worst than what the 10 point spread showed. I will give him some slack however, given that he had only been the head coach for 10 days, and his number one offensive weapon made the smart choice of not playing. Still though...that game was almost as bad as the 2006 Vegas Bowl. It could be used as the definition of a shit show.

That is all

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

Quit plagarism my shit fucko!!

Get your avatar in the quook shit pic, then pop off!!
    Touche...well played sir
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    So you are going to give away every bit of information in my story, which helps me make money to continue what I'm doing? No offense, but a former beat writer and columnist wouldn't do that....
  • Options

dnc said:

Quit plagarism my shit fucko!!

Get your avatar in the quook shit pic, then pop off!!
    Touche...well played sir
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYNjIQ3t-eI
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2018
    This is literally Cristoballz' strategy:

1. Offer 300 kids all across the nation.

2. Pay close attention to the star ratings of recruits on 247. (This is a fact, I read an interview of a 3-star kid who visited Oregon and he said the Oregon coaches told him "we're only going after 4-star guys right now and will offer the 3-star guys later".

3. The biggest problem is they're scanning the entire nation for the "4-star" kids that don't have committable offers from the top schools in their region. Mind you, most of the blue blood programs also offer a million kids. The vast majority are not committable. So if you see a "4-star" kid from Florida with an impressive "offer sheet" commit to Oregon he doesn't have committable offers from the big three in Florida or any blue blood programs and in reality is being recruited by Pitt and Virginia. They are like a fucking magnet pulling in all the most overrated 4-stars they possibly can to boost their class ranking and drive momentum and hype. It's fucking hilarious to watch if you know what's really going on.

4. On top of that, they give zero fucks about character evaluations, grades, or securing solid commitments. Last class they had like 4 or 5 guys who signed but didn't even show up or quickly left the program after arriving on campus. Guys like Andrew Johnson, Jalen Hall, Bruce Judson, Sion Vea Kava, and Rutger Reitmaier. They've already had multiple decommits from this class with more to come. It's all about pressuring kids to commit or reserve a scholarship based on the high of a visit and they don't care if kids continue to take visits after committing so few Oregon "commits" are actually committed. Even when they sign with Oregon they might not even end up on the roster. It's just an fucking free for all shit show. Never would I trade our recruiting for that shit. They can have the star ratings and off season championships. I'll take OKG's and winning every day and twice on Sundays. It will be especially enjoyable whooping Oregon's ass to the dismay of their fans who think they're bring in more talent. They'll be like, "the class rankings prove we have more talent than Washington so why the fuck can't we beat them? It must be the coaching."
  • Options

2. Pay close attention to the star ratings of recruits on 247. (This is a fact, I read an interview of a 3-star kid who visited Oregon and he said the Oregon coaches told him "we're only going after 4-star guys right now and will offer the 3-star guys later".

3. The biggest problem is they're scanning the entire nation for the "4-star" kids that don't have committable offers from the top schools in their region. Mind you, most of the blue blood programs also offer a million kids. The vast majority are not committable. So if you see a "4-star" kid from Florida with an impressive "offer sheet" commit to Oregon he doesn't have committable offers from the big three in Florida or any blue blood programs and in reality is being recruited by Pitt and Virginia. They are like a fucking magnet pulling in all the most overrated 4-stars they possibly can to boost their class ranking and drive momentum and hype. It's fucking hilarious to watch if you know what's really going on.

4. On top of that, they give zero fucks about character evaluations, grades, or securing solid commitments. Last class they had like 4 or 5 guys who signed but didn't even show up or quickly left the program after arriving on campus. Guys like Andrew Johnson, Jalen Hall, Bruce Judson, Sion Vea Kava, and Rutger Reitmaier. They've already had multiple decommits from this class with more to come. It's all about pressuring kids to commit or reserve a scholarship based on the high of a visit and they don't care if kids continue to take visits after committing so few Oregon "commits" are actually committed. Even when they sign with Oregon they might not even end up on the roster. It's just an fucking free for all shit show. Never would I trade our recruiting for that shit. They can have the star ratings and off season championships. I'll take OKG's and winning every day and twice on Sundays. It will be especially enjoyable whooping Oregon's ass to the dismay of their fans who think they're bring in more talent. They'll be like, "the class rankings prove we have more talent than Washington so why the fuck can't we beat them? It must be the coaching."

If you hadn't read it you wouldn't have responded to it at all. You read fucking anything and everything Oregon related on this board. Truth hurts.
  • Options

So you are going to give away every bit of information in my story, which helps me make money to continue what I'm doing? No offense, but a former beat writer and columnist wouldn't do that....

Origin story?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Origin story?
    Prehmium content
    there is a much more appropriate way to aggregate content. Putting your own spin on it, or even better, including just a snipitt of the information that you find interesting and why. I encourage everyone to share my work, but it's frustrating when people take it all.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Point 2 could be taken out of context. Oregon already has commitments from three star players so to say they ignore them completely is wrong. Now depending on the position need, this could completely make sense. For instance, at WR Oregon is in the mix with very highly touted 4 and 5 star talent. Why offer a scholarship to a middle of the road guy when more highly touted players that fit your system are showing high interest in joining you? It is a gamble, because if they don't pick you you might have blown the three star guy that was interested. But some times you take chances. Anyway...I agree that I don't like the approach, but it's light years better than what Helfrich did. Helfrich and his team just sat on their asses and waited for coaches and players to contact him before they did anything. At least this group of coaches are proactive. I will give them that.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2018
    I like the recruiting approach. It's the Bama approach. Appropriate for a program that's building an SEC caliber team. Chip can sign all the crappy 3 star guys he wants and coach them up. It will only get him so far. We need top level recruits to go all the way. Cristobal needs to be a great coach too. Playoffs or bust in 2019.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2018
    Mods? Time to move this to the duck board
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

I like the recruiting approach. It's the Bama approach. Appropriate for a program that's building an SEC caliber team. Chip can sign all the crappy 3 star guys he wants and coach them up. It will only get him so far. We need top level recruits to go all the way. Cristobal needs to be a great coach too. Playoffs or bust in 2019.

• Options
    edited July 2018

Point 2 could be taken out of context. Oregon already has commitments from three star players so to say they ignore them completely is wrong. Now depending on the position need, this could completely make sense. For instance, at WR Oregon is in the mix with very highly touted 4 and 5 star talent. Why offer a scholarship to a middle of the road guy when more highly touted players that fit your system are showing high interest in joining you? It is a gamble, because if they don't pick you you might have blown the three star guy that was interested. But some times you take chances. Anyway...I agree that I don't like the approach, but it's light years better than what Helfrich did. Helfrich and his team just sat on their asses and waited for coaches and players to contact him before they did anything. At least this group of coaches are proactive. I will give them that.
    I appreciate the sensible response but it's still a pretty big red flag. Ducks called Chip's recruiting lazy yet his recruiting got them to two national title games. Chip's recruiting was pretty much the same as Petersen. He didn't give a fuck about star ratings and did his own player evaluations. Helfrich's recruiting sucked because he sucks at evaluating talent and maybe his staff did get lazy because Helfrich does not have a demanding personality but at least he did his own evaluations. Cristobal isn't and is wildly throwing out offers and chasing star rankings. It's a free for all to collect as many overrated 4-stars as possible. That's not me being biased. That really is what I'm seeing.

I mean for fuck sake Oregon's class (which has 17 commits) is rated above Ohio State (15 commits), LSU (18 commits), Florida State (16 commits), Notre Dame (17 commits), Michigan (18 commits), and Tennessee (17 commits). Does anybody in their fucking right mind think Oregon is bringing in better talent than those schools? They aren't even beating UW and USC for the majority of the top recruits out West. They have the most overrated class I've ever seen since following recruiting.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

dnc said:

Origin story?
    I like to bitch about somebody “stealing” publicly available information from my tweet when said tweet was referenced to the story ... that’s what I like to do.

This Prehm guy is a kind of stupid that only @StrongArmCobra would understand
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Origin story?
    I like to bitch about somebody “stealing” publicly available information from my tweet when said tweet was referenced to the story ... that’s what I like to do.

This Prehm guy is a kind of stupid that only @StrongArmCobra would understand
    I know I've won an argument when the other poster starts randomly tagging me with insults in another thread.