Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tariffs

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited July 2018
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Coke raising prices bad

Seattle taxing the shit out of Coke good

Now that I have a minute. I'm not a big sin tax guy. Be it tobacco, alcohol, or pop (ILTCIPIWILTD). They overwhelmingly tax the poor. I'm more of a gluttony tax guy. Tax the yatchs, Porsches and prostitutes.
    Tobacco, alcohol, and pop create a net financial negative. People that consume this shit eat into health insurance costs and disability down the road. Taxing it helps offset some of these costs. When was the last time somebody went on disability because they bought a yacht or a Porsche?
    When was the last time someone didn't smoke a cigarette, drink some tequila, or drink a pop cause the tax? Never.
    Way to miss the point as usual
    Ok.... How much of those taxes actually goes to health Care?

And you miss the point that taxes are sold as making people healthier. Which doesn't happen.
    Zero, but it was sold that way. The government as usual didn't follow through.

Here's the problem with your argument. I assume you're claiming that since the government doesn't use the tax like they are supposed to, you want them to quit the tax on those and tax other shit that rich people buy. To you a dollar is a dollar so why not tax the big bad rich guy.

I say fuck that. The government was correct with the intent of taxing unhealthy shit that hurts the bottom line down the road. They just need to be held accountable for not executing the fucking plan.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Coke raising prices bad

Now that I have a minute. I'm not a big sin tax guy. Be it tobacco, alcohol, or pop (ILTCIPIWILTD). They overwhelmingly tax the poor. I'm more of a gluttony tax guy. Tax the yatchs, Porsches and prostitutes.
    Tobacco, alcohol, and pop create a net financial negative. People that consume this shit eat into health insurance costs and disability down the road. Taxing it helps offset some of these costs. When was the last time somebody went on disability because they bought a yacht or a Porsche?
    When was the last time someone didn't smoke a cigarette, drink some tequila, or drink a pop cause the tax? Never.

And you miss the point that taxes are sold as making people healthier. Which doesn't happen.

Here's the problem with your argument. I assume you're claiming that since the government doesn't use the tax like they are supposed to, you want them to quit the tax on those and tax other shit that rich people buy. To you a dollar is a dollar so why not tax the big bad rich guy.

I say fuck that. The government was correct with the intent of taxing unhealthy shit that hurts the bottom line down the road. They just need to be held accountable for not executing the fucking plan.
    You are putting words in my mouth. Tobacco, pop and alcohol are already taxed a shit ton. I'm not in favor of further taxing them. That doesn't mean I want their taxes ended. Tax other shit that doesn't disproportionately tax the poor.
    edited July 2018
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Coke raising prices bad

You are putting words in my mouth. Tobacco, pop and alcohol are already taxed a shit ton. I'm not in favor of further taxing them. That doesn't mean I want their taxes ended. Tax other shit that doesn't disproportionately tax the poor.
    Causation...generational poor many times is continued or caused by the over consumption of cigarettes, alcohol, and sugary beverages. These taxes aren't taxes on the poor, they're taxes on schmucks that consume these products. People argue that it's cheaper to eat like crap. In some ways it is, however... A case of bottled water is cheaper than a case of Pepsi/Coke. But many poor people still choose soda. It isn't always a cost thing. Many times it's a lack of will power and self control thing. Making these items more expensive might be an incentive for people to stop consuming them.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Coke raising prices bad

Causation...generational poor many times is continued or caused by the over consumption of cigarettes, alcohol, and sugary beverages. These taxes aren't taxes on the poor, they're taxes on schmucks that consume these products. People argue that it's cheaper to eat like crap. In some ways it is, however... A case of bottled water is cheaper than a case of Pepsi/Coke. But many poor people still choose soda. It isn't always a cost thing. Many times it's a lack of will power and self control thing. Making these items more expensive might be an incentive for people to stop consuming them.
    You just circled back to my point that you said wasn't the point. Thanks for that.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Coke raising prices bad

You just circled back to my point that you said wasn't the point. Thanks for that.
    "Tax other shit that doesn't disproportionately tax the poor"

"And you miss the point that taxes are sold as making people healthier. Which doesn't happen."

Those are what I addressed.

"When was the last time someone didn't smoke a cigarette, drink some tequila, or drink a pop cause the tax? Never." - This is what you said that missed the point. HTH
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Pepsi makes real sugar drinks now, no corn syrup if you don't want it. Htfh.

2001400ex said:

Coke raising prices bad

Yes, that's the answer. More taxes. You sound like a fucking democrat.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

2001400ex said:

Coke raising prices bad

@greenblood hates free riders to The US health care system — unhealthy & uninsured people who rely on tax dollars, not private insurance, ultimately to pay the health care tab. He’s another troomp for Obamacare. Whether he can figure out that for himself, however, is uncertain.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Coke raising prices bad

Eating healthy being more expensive is a myth. People who eat like shit have terrible habits. Typically eat out 4-5 times per week at least. Hell some eat out at lunch every day and most dinners today, but they justify it by saying they don't eat breakfast. All of those times eating out adds up. If you are on a college diet of Cup of Noodles and boxed Mac and Cheese then sure that is much cheaper, hardly anyone does that though.

If you want to go full blown hippie non GMO gluten free blah blah blah sure. That shit is so overblown though. If you buy your foods in bulk and take the time to prep then you can eat 10000000000x healthier for the same cost or cheaper. Problem is people are don't want to take the time to prep, which is why most people fail.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam
    Costs are only socialized because we made them that way. Get rid of the government payouts to people making poor life choices and let people have the freedom to suffer the consequences of their own decisions instead of further trying to control their behavior.

Government interventionism begets more government interventionism.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Most taxes other than income tax which 50% don't pay, fuck the poor

Cortez the Killer wants to "incentivise" people to stop using gas by jacking the price even more than Cali already has. Who gets fucked? The poor

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Most taxes other than income tax which 50% don't pay, fuck the poor

Cortez the Killer wants to "incentivise" people to stop using gas by jacking the price even more than Cali already has. Who gets fucked? The poor

Yeah this is FS from by girl AOC. Until a better alternative exists, cars are here to stay. A better move would be to push funding for battery tech and infrastructure.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

They are fat for sure.

The worst people are the ones that think diet soda will kill you but the regular stuff is okay

It depends. If your diet soda is sweetened with aspartame, then it is worse for you as it promotes inflammation and also turns to formaldehyde which is not good for your brain.

Almost all diet soft drinks are sweetened with aspartame. One exception is also the cheapest one, Shasta, as they use Sucralose which is Splenda. You can buy Sucralose Diet Coke and Pepsi but not many stores carry it. Amazon has it though.

2001400ex said:

Coke raising prices bad

Such a weird concept...asking people who milk our health insurance and disability system to pay more than those that make healthy choices. I’m such bastard and a Democrat.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

2001400ex said:

Coke raising prices bad

Such a weird concept...asking people who milk our health insurance and disability system to pay more than those that make healthy choices. I’m such bastard and a Democrat.
    People should cover their own costs to the system?

*individualMandate
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    The mandate was a tax you paid regardless of use. It was the healthy young who avoided Obamacare the most and paid the tax
    edited July 2018

2001400ex said:

Coke raising prices bad

Most people who drink soda are occasional users, not binge drinkers. This only helps make the government fatter. I'm in favor of punitive taxes only if lawmakers are subjected to those same taxes.

I don't like that lawmakers take several weeks of vacation in the summer and don't do shit. Stop paying them when they aren't working and tax their vacations.

I don't like that they're shitting all over border security. Install some kind of lock monitors on their office and home doors, and tax them whenever the secure their own private spaces.

I don't like how they find creative ways to invent new taxes, but NEVER remove old taxes. Tax their income 10% for every new tax they create.

2001400ex said:

Coke raising prices bad

Most people who drink soda are occasional users, not binge drinkers. This only helps make the government fatter.
    Then your tax is hardly anything. But those who do binge drink pay much more. It isn’t perfect but something has to get done to make these people pay up.
    edited July 2018

2001400ex said:

Coke raising prices bad

People should cover their own costs to the system?

*individualMandate
    Like race said, everybody paid regardless of health. Also the wealthy that could afford their own care and didn’t want coverage had to pay a higher mandate than people that couldn’t afford the insurance but still used unpaid services.

2001400ex said:

Coke raising prices bad

Most people who drink soda are occasional users, not binge drinkers. This only helps make the government fatter.
    Then your tax is hardly anything. But those who do binge drink pay much more. It isn’t perfect but something has to get done to make these people pay up.
    Lets just punish everyone and tax everything if we're going to be taxing and punishing soda drinkers. Tax steaks. Tax ice cream. Tax candy. Tax whole milk. Tax butter.

Oh wait, they already do that. It's called a fucking sales tax.