Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    They are fat for sure.

The worst people are the ones that think diet soda will kill you but the regular stuff is okay
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Coke raising prices bad

Seattle taxing the shit out of Coke good
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited July 2018

They are fat for sure.

The worst people are the ones that think diet soda will kill you but the regular stuff is okay

It's always fun when the people who are 70 lbs overweight tell you that putting a couple packets of splenda in your coffee is going to give you cancer and kill you while gorging down their half donut since they had one earlier already they won't eat a full one because they just started their new diet today. The one last week didn't last too long, almost as long as the one the week before that.
    How about the people that order "super sized" value meals from McDonald's with a diet coke, thinking a diet coke will offset it?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Coke raising prices bad

Curious who on this board said that?
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    2001400ex said:

Coke raising prices bad

Curious who on this board said that?
    Me.

You wanna get to the bottom of a LOT of problems in this country, look no further than soda drinks. Bunch a fat fucking cows this country has become and it’s the gallons of corn syrup you’re all drinking until the diabeetus gets ya and you go on disability for the rest of your worthless lives.

I think we owe it to those folks to give them the chair now and cut out the middle man. If that means we loose Coker, well sacrifices have to be made in the name of progress!
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

They are fat for sure.

It's always fun when the people who are 70 lbs overweight tell you that putting a couple packets of splenda in your coffee is going to give you cancer and kill you while gorging down their half donut since they had one earlier already they won't eat a full one because they just started their new diet today. The one last week didn't last too long, almost as long as the one the week before that.
    How about the people that order "super sized" value meals from McDonald's with a diet coke, thinking a diet coke will offset it?
    They only super size it because they can eat half now and half later and it will be 2 meals and save them some money. Plus it's going to go great with the bag of doritos and pint of ben and jerrys while they catch up with their 5 hours of netflix later.

They are fat for sure.

That's a stupid argument.

It doesn't offset it. It's still better than a real coke.

Not drinking 300 calories of pure corn syrup is always better than drinking 300 calories of pure corn syrup. (I'm assuming they get a refill)

They are fat for sure.

Not drinking 300 calories of pure corn syrup is always better than drinking 300 calories of pure corn syrup. (I'm assuming they get a refill)

My point being, it makes little difference. It's like saying one person is in worst health smoking 2 packs a day vs a pack a day. That's true, but does it really matter? Smoking a pack a day is still going to fucking kill you.
    edited July 2018

They are fat for sure.

My point being, it makes little difference. It's like saying one person is in worst health smoking 2 packs a day vs a pack a day. That's true, but does it really matter? Smoking a pack a day is still going to fucking kill you.
    Yeah. If they get a 1000 calorie meal....vs a 1300 calorie meal with a ton of sugar..... one is better than the other.

If you get a 500 calorie meal, vs an 800 calorie meal with a ton of sugar....it's the same fucking thing.

The healthiness of the meal is irrelevant to the soda.

If I eat one shitty meal today should I just give the fuck up and chow down 2 pizzas later?

Coke raising prices bad

Now that I have a minute. I'm not a big sin tax guy. Be it tobacco, alcohol, or pop (ILTCIPIWILTD). They overwhelmingly tax the poor. I'm more of a gluttony tax guy. Tax the yatchs, Porsches and prostitutes.
    2001400ex said:

Coke raising prices bad

Now that I have a minute. I'm not a big sin tax guy. Be it tobacco, alcohol, or pop (ILTCIPIWILTD). They overwhelmingly tax the poor. I'm more of a gluttony tax guy. Tax the yatchs, Porsches and prostitutes.
    Tobacco, alcohol, and pop create a net financial negative. People that consume this shit eat into health insurance costs and disability down the road. Taxing it helps offset some of these costs. When was the last time somebody went on disability because they bought a yacht or a Porsche?

2001400ex said:

Coke raising prices bad

Tobacco, alcohol, and pop create a net financial negative. People that consume this shit eat into health insurance costs and disability down the road. Taxing it helps offset some of these costs. When was the last time somebody went on disability because they bought a yacht or a Porsche?
    When was the last time someone didn't smoke a cigarette, drink some tequila, or drink a pop cause the tax? Never.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Coke raising prices bad

When was the last time someone didn't smoke a cigarette, drink some tequila, or drink a pop cause the tax? Never.
    Way to miss the point as usual

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Coke raising prices bad

Way to miss the point as usual
    Ok.... How much of those taxes actually goes to health Care?

And you miss the point that taxes are sold as making people healthier. Which doesn't happen.