Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It's Ngata over for Joe!!!

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
For real.

My basic rule of thumb is that if a recruit commits to what is currently considered a better program than us (Bama, SC, Clemson, Oklahoma, Ohio State etc) it's over for us when they commit there. Obviously there are exceptions (hi Tuli), but we know Clemson isn't going to be incompetent with Joe like SC is.

But Ngata's the one recruit I feel differently about. I never bought into the "we have every advantage for him" line, Clemson has two massive ones - recent natty and first round WR's on top of first round WR's. Those things are huge.

But they won't change between here and signing day. They are static advantages.

UW's advantages OTOH are dynamic.

Who is he going to talk to more between now and signing day, UW players or Clemson players? UW
Who is he going to spend more time with between now and signing day, UW players or Clemson players? UW
Who is he going to talk to more in person between now and signing day, UW coaches or Clemson coaches? UW
Where will he spend more time between now and signing day, Montlake or Death Valley (the lesser)? Montlake
Whose games will he see more of between now and signing day, UW or Clemson? We don't know but there's a real shot it's UW
Whose games will he attend more between now and signing day, UW or Clemson? Almost certainly UW

Yes, UW had all of these advantages last year and he still committed to Clemson. He's probably going to Clemson. But Ngata's in the rare position where he's still likely to be exposed to a ton of pro UW influence over the next four months. He's also in the rare spot where a) UW doesn't need someone at his position we are just holding a spot for him because he's special b) we aren't going to quit recruiting him because he committed elsewhere. UW's advantages are strongest during the football season, and 81% of the time between now and signing day is football season.

Now if UW takes another WR commit you can discard all this . But if we? don't (and we shouldn't), I think we still make a strong push for Ngata.

As a crazed bi-polar teen boy stocking maniac once said, it's not over til they sign.

Don't change @SpiritHorse's name to Elmer just yet.

Comments

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

For real.

My basic rule of thumb is that if a recruit commits to what is currently considered a better program than us (Bama, SC, Clemson, Oklahoma, Ohio State etc) it's over for us when they commit there. Obviously there are exceptions (hi Tuli), but we know Clemson isn't going to be incompetent with Joe like SC is.

But Ngata's the one recruit I feel differently about. I never bought into the "we have every advantage for him" line, Clemson has two massive ones - recent natty and first round WR's on top of first round WR's. Those things are huge.

Who is he going to talk to more between now and signing day, UW players or Clemson players? UW
    Who is he going to spend more time with between now and signing day, UW players or Clemson players? UW
    Who is he going to talk to more in person between now and signing day, UW coaches or Clemson coaches? UW
    Where will he spend more time on between now and signing day, Montlake or Death Valley (the lesser)? Montlake
    Whose games will he see more of between now and signing day, UW or Clemson? We don't know but there's a real shot it's UW
    Whose games will he attend more between now and signing day, UW or Clemson? Almost certainly UW

Yes, UW had all of these advantages last year and he still committed to Clemson. He's probably going to Clemson. But Ngata's in the rare position where he's still likely to be exposed to a ton of pro UW influence over the next four months. He's also in the rare spot where a) UW doesn't need someone at his position we are just holding a spot for him because he's special b) we aren't going to quit recruiting him because he committed elsewhere. UW's advantages are strongest during the football season, and 81% of the time between now and signing day is football season.

Now if UW takes another WR commit you can discard all this . But if we? don't (and we shouldn't), I think we still make a strong push for Ngata.

As a crazed bi-polar teen boy stocking maniac once said, it's not over til they sign.

I agree with this. Was just too discouraged to say it. On the down side, other than Gee Scott it's looking like a tough pull for WR next year. Ngata not committing isn't disasterous in isolation because of our young WR talent but two poor years in a row starts putting you in a Strausser OL hole. No one wants to revisit that.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

For real.

Where will he spend more time between now and signing day, Montlake or Death Valley (the lesser)? Montlake

DPOTW
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

For real.

DPOTW
    Cool so I'll put you down for agreeing, good talk
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

For real.

Fuck your optimism. He doesn't want to be with us. The only way he ends up at uw is if Clemson cools on him. Not happening.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It’s fucking over ... only a DOOG would think it isn’t
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,115
    Founders Club
    We’re so slow strategy that we don’t even want fast strategy Christian immigrants, Clemson out church schooled us? and it’s not even close.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It’s all so wrong on so many levels .. I put 81% of the blame on Babushka and Browning ... 19% on Lubick ... which is still 100% all Lubick’s fault
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,115
    Founders Club
    edited July 2018

Holy fuck every once in a while i stumble over to this shithole but I never expected to find something as sad as this.

Not everyone is so fortunate as to have a campus full of sluts and cocaine to do their recruiting for them
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,986
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Now more than ever, he gone. ISLYDNC
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    DNC?! true?!!?11?!1!!?
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Nothing wrong with a little delicious dinner cobra
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club
    And we’re the sleeper for Ruben Foster!!!
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Lubick still has the Helfrich stink. It’s time to notice...