Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It's Ngata over for Joe!!!

Comments

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    not looking good for us but I guess it isn't over until he signs. Hopefully we can at least get an official visit. Maybe once the the luster of the trip wears off and it starts to sink in that he will be 2,600 miles away from home....

My fifth is half full
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,297
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I'd rather be first than right, and would like to be the first to start the future war between Negas and Doogs over what Petermen is capable of.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,485
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

For real.

My basic rule of thumb is that if a recruit commits to what is currently considered a better program than us (Bama, SC, Clemson, Oklahoma, Ohio State etc) it's over for us when they commit there. Obviously there are exceptions (hi Tuli), but we know Clemson isn't going to be incompetent with Joe like SC is.

But Ngata's the one recruit I feel differently about. I never bought into the "we have every advantage for him" line, Clemson has two massive ones - recent natty and first round WR's on top of first round WR's. Those things are huge.

But they won't change between here and signing day. They are static advantages.

UW's advantages OTOH are dynamic.

Who is he going to talk to more between now and signing day, UW players or Clemson players? UW
    Who is he going to spend more time with between now and signing day, UW players or Clemson players? UW
    Who is he going to talk to more in person between now and signing day, UW coaches or Clemson coaches? UW
    Where will he spend more time between now and signing day, Montlake or Death Valley (the lesser)? Montlake
    Whose games will he see more of between now and signing day, UW or Clemson? We don't know but there's a real shot it's UW
    Whose games will he attend more between now and signing day, UW or Clemson? Almost certainly UW

Yes, UW had all of these advantages last year and he still committed to Clemson. He's probably going to Clemson. But Ngata's in the rare position where he's still likely to be exposed to a ton of pro UW influence over the next four months. He's also in the rare spot where a) UW doesn't need someone at his position we are just holding a spot for him because he's special b) we aren't going to quit recruiting him because he committed elsewhere. UW's advantages are strongest during the football season, and 81% of the time between now and signing day is football season.

Now if UW takes another WR commit you can discard all this . But if we? don't (and we shouldn't), I think we still make a strong push for Ngata.

As a crazed bi-polar teen boy stocking maniac once said, it's not over til they sign.

Don't change @SpiritHorse's name to Elmer just yet.

I honestly don’t disagree, and I feel slightly doogish for admitting that. Fuck it.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    yeah, we gotta play well and hope that ngata gets homesick or wants to stay closer to family ... and mama ngata finds some sideways shit with clemson. we can only hope.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2018
    Serious question. Who is the last consensus 5 Star that UW signed and showed up to Fall Camp?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

salemcoog said:

Serious question. Who is the last consensus 5 Star that UW signed and showed up to Fall Camp?

Shaq
    and before that? reggie?
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,119
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

NEsnake12 said:

salemcoog said:

Shaq
    and before that? reggie?
    people forget that charles frederick was more highly touted than Reggie, people forget that
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Gladstone said:

NEsnake12 said:

salemcoog said:

Shaq
    and before that? reggie?
    people forget that charles frederick was more highly touted than Reggie, people forget that
    and he was from florida too.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Gladstone said:

NEsnake12 said:

salemcoog said:

Shaq
    and before that? reggie?
    No he wasn’t
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Ngata isn’t a consensus 5 Star
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,119
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

NEsnake12 said:

salemcoog said:

Shaq
    and before that? reggie?
    No he wasn’t
    This was the start of my TBSing, i swear ET was #2 and Reggie was #3, but now I look and ET is a 4* and #7. hummm do they really rerank them once players have confirmed cases of homesickness?
  • Options

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

NEsnake12 said:

salemcoog said:

Shaq
    and before that? reggie?
    No he wasn’t
    This was the start of my TBSing, i swear ET was #2 and Reggie was #3, but now I look and ET is a 4* and #7. hummm do they really rerank them once players have confirmed cases of homesickness?
    By Scout Reggie was #2 and ET #3 WR in the nation at one poont (both 5 stars), though I think ET's ranking dropped before he got on campus. By Rivals Reggie was still very high (top 10 overall) but ET was a 4 star like 55ish overall.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

NEsnake12 said:

salemcoog said:

Shaq
    and before that? reggie?
    No he wasn’t
    I think this was the time when Scout started ranking 1-5 at a position group as 5*. Number 6 would always be a 4*.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Shaq by every metric was the highest rated recruit we ever signed. He was #3/4 overall recruit depending on the service.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

Shaq by every metric was the highest rated recruit we ever signed. He was #3/4 overall recruit depending on the service.

#mytosh
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Reggie was right there, I'll try and dig it up but me and DDY had this conversation a couple months back.

But yes I think Shaq was one or two spots higher than Reggie overall.