Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kreepy Kewg gets disrespected by ESPN

2»

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Squirt said:

Just clicked and read the headline

Miami 2001 would have run Texas by 50

Agreed. That team's roster was absolutely stacked, probably the GOAT. Shit, they won with Larry Coker as their head coach. I think most of their starters played in the NFL. Some highlights on their roster:

RB Frank Gore
    RB Clinton Portis
    RB Willis McGahee
    WR Andre Johnson
    TE Jeremy Shockey
    TE Kellen Winslow
    OT Bryant McKinnie
    DT Vince Wilfork
    DT William Joseph
    LB Jonathan Vilma
    LB DJ Williams
    S Ed Reed
    CB Phillip Buchanon

Still, creep's Hurricane-loving self can go fuck off.

All the mor reason why the 2000 win was so speshial. Unlike USC, Miami and @creepycoug really respeck us.
    Nah. I'm going with 2016 win over Stanfurd. That shit was EPIC!!!!!!!!

Squirt said:

Just clicked and read the headline

Miami 2001 would have run Texas by 50

Agreed. That team's roster was absolutely stacked, probably the GOAT. Shit, they won with Larry Coker as their head coach. I think most of their starters played in the NFL. Some highlights on their roster:

RB Frank Gore
    RB Clinton Portis
    RB Willis McGahee
    WR Andre Johnson
    TE Jeremy Shockey
    TE Kellen Winslow
    OT Bryant McKinnie
    DT Vince Wilfork
    DT William Joseph
    LB Jonathan Vilma
    LB DJ Williams
    S Ed Reed
    CB Phillip Buchanon

Still, creep's Hurricane-loving self can go fuck off.

All the mor reason why the 2000 win was so speshial. Unlike USC, Miami and @creepycoug really respeck us.
    Great point.
    chuck said:

What a joke. That 2005 title game was embarrassing. Neither team had anything resembling a championship defense.

U actually think 2014 Ohio State could matchup with most of them. That team was brutally fast and physical.

14 OSU would boat race either team. That was a big-boy running game.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Whatever. Give Texas something I suppose.

they gave texas 'the longhorn network' which has worked out great for espn, you can see a bull shit in a field every xmas morning.

mistakes were obviously made.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    2002 Ohio State is number 1. They beat that 2001 Miami team with most of the same guys.

2002 Ohio State is number 1. They beat that 2001 Miami team with most of the same guys.

Other than the two starting corners (Buchanan and Rumph), Ed Reed, the starting backfield (Portis and Devenport), 1/2 of the O line ( including All American LT Bryant McKinnie), who as a group didn't so much as let anyone even touch Dorsey during 2001, Chris Campbell and Jeremy Shockey, you're right ... I guess.

No, you're not. 2002 Ohio State was not a dominating team and nobody has ever brought them up as a GOAT. Their 2014 team would easily beat them. It was one night, their D line, which was good, played out of their minds, they had a great RB and they played a perfect game, and still they needed a knee injury to McGahee, who was starting to gouge them for yards, and a shitty call in OT, to win.

Certainly Miami still had a shit ton of talent on the field, some of it was pretty young, but this was the time by when Coker was catching up to the Peter Principle. There was no Ed Reed to be the de facto coach.

This was not quite as bad a hand-over game as the 86 Penn State game was, but it's up there as one of two titles Miami could have, and should have, easily won.

They were a lot like the 2000 Washington team, who won unspectacularly all the time, but still just won games. And they saved their absolutely best game for the title shot. Give them all the credit in the world, but GOAT they are not.

• SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Not as epic as the Whammy in Miami!!!!11!!1
    Squirt said:

Not as epic as the Whammy in Miami!!!!11!!1
    Hey, that was nice game, but it's not even in my top 5.

I'm going with 2016 Stanford and the Heart of Dallas Bowl win over Southern Miss. And of course, any time we've ever beaten USC.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Other than the two starting corners (Buchanan and Rumph), Ed Reed, the starting backfield (Portis and Devenport), 1/2 of the O line ( including All American LT Bryant McKinnie), who as a group didn't so much as let anyone even touch Dorsey during 2001, Chris Campbell and Jeremy Shockey, you're right ... I guess.

No, you're not. 2002 Ohio State was not a dominating team and nobody has ever brought them up as a GOAT. Their 2014 team would easily beat them. It was one night, their D line, which was good, played out of their minds, they had a great RB and they played a perfect game, and still they needed a knee injury to McGahee, who was starting to gouge them for yards, and a shitty call in OT, to win.

Certainly Miami still had a shit ton of talent on the field, some of it was pretty young, but this was the time by when Coker was catching up to the Peter Principle. There was no Ed Reed to be the de facto coach.

This was not quite as bad a hand-over game as the 86 Penn State game was, but it's up there as one of two titles Miami could have, and should have, easily won.

They were a lot like the 2000 Washington team, who won unspectacularly all the time, but still just won games. And they saved their absolutely best game for the title shot. Give them all the credit in the world, but GOAT they are not.

Disagree.

Disagree.
    You can't. I'm the expert Cane here. You're but a mere hack.

Even @RaceBannon defers to me on matters Cane; and he was there!

Stick to politics.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Disagree.

Stick to politics.
    Mess with @allpurpleallgold and you are messing with me

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Disagree.

Stick to politics.
    Mess with @allpurpleallgold and you are messing with me

And if by chance an honest man like @allpurpleallgold should make enemies, then they would become @RaceBannon 's enemies. And then they would fear him.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tressels try hards had the U’s number that night and the BS PI call at the end certainly helped. Pretty much locked in FSUs title a few years ago as well.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2018

I honestly didn't read the thread past Race and Rowboat, who are in my top five poasters all-tim.

Beyond that, let me put the technical case to you: Texas needed some bad play calling from Pete, and a most mortal Trojan defense, to eek out a last minute win. While there were a lot of amazing freshman defenders on that team (Cushing, Mathews, Maualuga, etc.), the actual defense that year was unspectacular. You don't remember Dallas Sartz you say? Nor does anyone else.

Please. The 2005 Trojans were better than 2005 Texas. I'd take Pete and USC against those guys 7 out of 10.

Top 5 Poaster of All Tim on Creep's list and I ain't even been here 2 years!!

Surprised you've only been here 2 years, you poast like an old school 2013 HH alum, not a raging retard millenial doog, one of the better newer fish for sure.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I honestly didn't read the thread past Race and Rowboat, who are in my top five poasters all-tim.

Beyond that, let me put the technical case to you: Texas needed some bad play calling from Pete, and a most mortal Trojan defense, to eek out a last minute win. While there were a lot of amazing freshman defenders on that team (Cushing, Mathews, Maualuga, etc.), the actual defense that year was unspectacular. You don't remember Dallas Sartz you say? Nor does anyone else.

Please. The 2005 Trojans were better than 2005 Texas. I'd take Pete and USC against those guys 7 out of 10.

Top 5 Poaster of All Tim on Creep's list and I ain't even been here 2 years!!

Surprised you've only been here 2 years, you poast like an old school 2013 HH alum, not a raging retard millenial doog, one of the better newer fish for sure.
    I'm an old soul for my age.