Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

#RideTheLighning

13»

Comments

• guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

I know Strausser was so bad than literally anyone is an upgrade, but Huff hasn't really done anything yet. Let's see him win a real recruiting battle before we crown him.

I like Huff, and I like all the recruits he's gotten so far, but I don't get why everyone thinks he's elite already. Let's wait until he beats blue-blood programs for an elite out of state recruit.

God bless you.

Also, that's going to happen with Buelow. But, this should be the mantra - no one is elite at recruiting until they beat a blue blood for an out of state recruit.
    This is literally all that I was saying, and yet I'm being ridiculed for it. Ok.
    If that's all you said you wouldn't be ridiculed for it.

You said everyone is calling Huff an elite recruiter. They?re not.
    Well what I meant to say is that everyone is acting like they think Huff is an elite/great/whatever recruiter. Sorry if my English isn't up to snuff. I don't see how that distinction really matters much though.

If you don't think that's the case, fine. I'll stand by my point that people have a little too much faith in Huff right now, when at most we have cause to be optimistic about him, because he hasn't beat anybody impressive for an out-of-state recruit yet.

And I think you all know what I really meant. Either you're all being intentionally obtuse, or my English is worse than I thought. I'll be sure to include a dozen modifiers and clarifications in my future posts, though.
    I haven't gotten the impression that a lot of people here annointed Huff as an elite recruiter. Maybe they did.... I just didn't see it.

Other than that, I get your pooont and I think its a fair one, @NorwegianHusky. I have a feeling we'll be calling the Lightening Rider elite in a year or two... but I totally agree that he ain't there yet. Closing out this class and winning a battle or two for an out of state kid that everyone wants would go along way to settling it.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2018
    guntlove said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

I know Strausser was so bad than literally anyone is an upgrade, but Huff hasn't really done anything yet. Let's see him win a real recruiting battle before we crown him.

I like Huff, and I like all the recruits he's gotten so far, but I don't get why everyone thinks he's elite already. Let's wait until he beats blue-blood programs for an elite out of state recruit.

God bless you.

Also, that's going to happen with Buelow. But, this should be the mantra - no one is elite at recruiting until they beat a blue blood for an out of state recruit.
    This is literally all that I was saying, and yet I'm being ridiculed for it. Ok.

Well what I meant to say is that everyone is acting like they think Huff is an elite/great/whatever recruiter. Sorry if my English isn't up to snuff. I don't see how that distinction really matters much though.

If you don't think that's the case, fine. I'll stand by my point that people have a little too much faith in Huff right now, when at most we have cause to be optimistic about him, because he hasn't beat anybody impressive for an out-of-state recruit yet.

And I think you all know what I really meant. Either you're all being intentionally obtuse, or my English is worse than I thought. I'll be sure to include a dozen modifiers and clarifications in my future posts, though.
    I haven't gotten the impression that a lot of people here annointed Huff as an elite recruiter. Maybe they did.... I just didn't see it.

Other than that, I get your pooont and I think its a fair one, @NorwegianHusky. I have a feeling we'll be calling the Lightening Rider elite in a year or two... but I totally agree that he ain't there yet. Closing out this class and winning a battle or two for an out of state kid that everyone wants would go along way to settling it.
    I forgot English is your first language. I'll try and take it easier on you going forward you beautiful lutefisk eating bastard.

And I don't disagree with much of what you're saying here either, other than I don't think people are too confident in Huff. Difference of opinion. NBD.

elsker deg
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,099
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

guntlove said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

God bless you.

I forgot English is you're first language. I'll try and take it easier on you going forward you beautiful lutefisk eating bastard.

And I don't disagree with much of what you're saying here either, other than I don't think people are too confident in Huff. Difference of opinion. NBD.

elsker deg
    No no no fuck that guy

ikke elsker deg

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

dnc said:

guntlove said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

God bless you.

I forgot English is you're first language. I'll try and take it easier on you going forward you beautiful lutefisk eating bastard.

elsker deg
    No no no fuck that guy

ikke elsker deg

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

guntlove said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

God bless you.

elsker deg
    No no no fuck that guy

ikke elsker deg

sårende
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Huff is becoming Malloe without the Malloe meltdown of 0 recruits for a year plus
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

Huff is becoming Malloe without the Malloe meltdown of 0 recruits for a year plus

dont jinx it, imagine if somehow USC pulled another stunt and stole Kalepo. The meltdown would be epic
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

I guess none of the BBQ superiority guys are going to chime in

Pork ribs and sausage is a fucking weak menu

Dirty smoke too

Curne is going to head back to Texas.

Is there anything resembling good BBQ in Sweden?
    This thread isn’t about the plight of the immigrant, however @ntxduck is dialed in with Austin Food Works for passable texmex BBQ fusion (would be a crime in Texas). Low and Slow is a newer spot that is the best and only ‘smokehouse’. KC family, it smells of hickory smoke, they import their bourbon. It resembles good BBQ, if you want to pay $40 for an $18 meal.
    The real crime there is going to my cousin's summerhouse for a "BBQ"; only to see them grilling chicken and veggie skewers. "BBQ"
    The proper term is cookout
  • AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,958
    Founders Club
    edited July 2018

I guess none of the BBQ superiority guys are going to chime in

Pork ribs and sausage is a fucking weak menu

Dirty smoke too

Curne is going to head back to Texas.

That’s a cookout.

Unnskyld. Jeg skulle sa, ‘Denne er en kookout’