Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A major injury to which position group would leave you LEAST worried?

GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
edited July 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
To rephrase: which position group would still be OK if a key player got hurt?

shit poll

shit pollster

A major injury to which position group would leave you LEAST worried? 54 votes

QB
48%
MikeDamoneSwayewhlinderDennis_DeYoungUWhuskytskeetGladstoneCokeGreaterThanPepsiMisterEmThe_UndertakerDoubleJDawgAEBDoogleshuskyhooliganGreenRiverGatorzSourcesPitchfork51BreadbackthepackYellowSnowEdwin_Bambino 26 votes
RB
0%
OL
0%
WR
5%
chuckTequillaNeighbor2972 3 votes
TE
3%
JoeyBlastDoor 2 votes
LB
3%
DerekJohnsonPurpleTickler 2 votes
DB
37%
PostGameOrangeSlicesvadawgThomasFremontRoadDawg55Mad_SonLoneStarDawgTTJdncExtraChrisBJECARbiak1SarkinghamEwaDawgHuskyInAZNEsnake12El_KFireCohenjhfstyle24RubberfistDoogCourics 20 votes
DL
1%
LebamDawg 1 vote

Comments

• SyphilisButterSyphilisButter Member Posts: 221
    QB
    First thought was DB, but then I remembered Stanford 2017.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,420 Founders Club
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    DB

First thought was DB, but then I remembered Stanford 2017.

Hope is that molden and Joyner will keep Myles on the bench
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    DB

I would like to see you guys hate your second string qb and wish for Browning.

And this is exactly what would happen unless one of the true frosh are ready, which I don't think they are.

I picked DB because there's the greatest collection of talent there.

Rapp, McIntosh, Murphy and Miller are all going to be drafted in 2019. Joyner is really good. Taylor is ready to contribute. I love McKinney. Molden was a bit of a disappointment last year to me but has a lot of talent. Gilchrist has talent too though he hasn't been able to crack the depth. And you have two true freshman who could step in if you needed them to (Irving and Gordon).

And that doesn't even include #MyHampton.

It's an absolutely loaded position group and it's coached magnificently.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169
    DB
    QB gets hurt is a possible upgrade but playing a true frosh is not ok. WR or LB gets hurt we weren't ok to begin with. DB and RB are only two groups where we could still be ok.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    QB
    chuck said:

QB is popular and I understand why. It's incorrect though. Our "key" players at wr are Fuller, Pounds, and McClutchins. At lb they are BBK. I don't think an injury to any of them would be too devastating.

good chit HIVboat
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    QB
    Mad_Son said:

QB gets hurt is a possible upgrade but playing a true frosh is not ok. WR or LB gets hurt we weren't ok to begin with. DB and RB are only two groups where we could still be ok.

Which one would lead to you drinking the most while posting in the game thread?

Inquiring minds
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,401 Swaye's Wigwam
    QB

Mad_Son said:

Which one would lead to you drinking the most while posting in the game thread?

Inquiring minds
    The most would be Jake getting injured, then watching them bring in Haener and attempting 40+ pass plays. This board would self-ignite the abv would be so high.

Prayingdoog.gif that #myBush wouldn't do that to us.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,976 Founders Club
    QB

Mad_Son said:

Why would playing a true frosh be bad?

We’d probably massively simplify our offense and run a lot.
    Who would have done better against ASU and Stanford last year: 2017 Jake Browning or 1997 Tui?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    QB

Mad_Son said:

Who would have done better against ASU and Stanford last year: 2017 Jake Browning or 1997 Tui?
    What about 2017 tui
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    QB

Mad_Son said:

This. Good to know half the people who post here are dumbasses.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,976 Founders Club
    QB

Mad_Son said:

What about 2017 tui
    He could, at least, probably fall forward and pick up 1st downs with his legs that Jake cannot.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    QB
    In all seriousness though, we will be fucked if we have to start Haener or one of the freshmen.