Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The conference now vs 10 years ago: was it better then?

Comments

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    haie said:

Mosster47 said:

USC was at the end of their run.
    UCLA was UCLA.
    Cal was on Ted's free fall.
    Stanford was awful.
    Oregon was under Bellotti.
    OS was under Riley.
    UA was UA.
    ASU peaked the year before.
    UW was UW.
    Wazzu was Wazzu.

As all of these better then vs now things always come to the same conclusion; this conference blows regardless of time frame. If USC happens to be good the conference has a team that actually competes nationally. If USC is bad they don't.

For the mega-doogs trying to rewrite history Oregon was an 8 or 9 win team back then just like they are now and will be. Outside of those four years of Chip the Ducks have been an 8 or 9 win team since football was invented.

2009 was probably the worst year this conference has had in the last twenty. There wasn't even a conference race that year. A mediocre Oregon team played two good teams, got pushed around by both and lost to a bad Stanford team. If I remember right the team that finished second that year only had 6 conference wins and it might have been UA. 2016 wasn't really much different though.

I mostly agree with your take that UW is a good but not great program under Petersen, but the 2016 schtick is laughable. Oregon had a horrible defense and ASU was shittier than usual. That was it.

The good teams in conference were Utah, SC, WAzzu, Stanford, and Colorado. 3 of those games on the road including the one at Oregon. Lost only 1 of those by 13 and absolutely rolled everyone else except Utah.

If the conference was historically bad that year than Oregon wins 2-3 more games just with the residual talent from 2014.

Oregon best player on offense in 2016 was a true freshman QB or a WR that finished at Utah and their best player on defense was a true freshman LB. Freeman was mailing it in that year like he did last year when Herbie went down.

Congrats on losing to SC and winning the conference and I'm glad we live in a world right now where that is possible, but trying to rewrite Oregon history for your Doog insecurities just isn't working.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Let me give you outsiders the HCH formula: Washington Good = Conference is Good. USC Good = Conference is Good. Washington and USC Good = Conference is Apex. Oregon Good = Conference Bad.

It's really that simple. The doogs will pull hamstrings rationalizing this formula through the ages.

You're welcome.

They were all roughly the same, is the correct answer. No one cares some doogs thought Oregon was only good because Washington was down.

Every year in the pac 12 you have 1-2 good to very good teams to beat, and 3 or so really solid teams to not fuck up against. Plus maybe your 1 or so trap game to a shitty team (Stanford Beavlets 2017, UW Arizona 2016, UW ASU 2017)

Whether that means the conference is awful or not doesn't matter, it's roughly the same in difficulty every year. 2010 and 2014 weren't different than 2016
    Usually if the middle of the pack teams are unusually good or unusually bad that's what pushes the needle either way.

If you think of the middle of the road teams the past decade which are Utah, ASU, UW, UCLA you get UCLA and ASU that have been really up or down. Utah and UW relatively consistent.

So when both ASU and UCLA suck the conference is awful.

And UW just traded places with oregon recently so nothings changed there with me.
    Ehh UCLA and ASU flipped with WSU and Arizona. 8-9 win teams that are relevant part of the year.

Cal and UCLA won OOC games against the SEC. The conference wasn't terrible, it's just that the team that won it had a ton of hype, more than just winning the conference, which probably was a bad call anyways because their coach is really mediocre.
    When did Arizona become an 8/9 win team? They have won more than 7 games once in the past 10 years. And averaged around 5/6.

Or has the weird preseason hype on utah and arizona clouded your mind?

Last year those 2 teams (possibly Utah, before they collapsed) replaced your bRuins and devil's. That's all I'm saying. I don't think UCLA, ASU being bad means anything different than when they're relatively good: always good talent, always brotastic coaching staffs.
    By being worse than both asu and ucla?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

UCLA was UCLA.
    Stanford was awful.
    OS was under Riley.
    UA was UA.
    UW was UW.
    Wazzu was Wazzu.

As all of these better then vs now things always come to the same conclusion; this conference blows regardless of time frame. If USC happens to be good the conference has a team that actually competes nationally. If USC is bad they don't.

For the mega-doogs trying to rewrite history Oregon was an 8 or 9 win team back then just like they are now and will be. Outside of those four years of Chip the Ducks have been an 8 or 9 win team since football was invented.

2009 was probably the worst year this conference has had in the last twenty. There wasn't even a conference race that year. A mediocre Oregon team played two good teams, got pushed around by both and lost to a bad Stanford team. If I remember right the team that finished second that year only had 6 conference wins and it might have been UA. 2016 wasn't really much different though.

I mostly agree with your take that UW is a good but not great program under Petersen, but the 2016 schtick is laughable. Oregon had a horrible defense and ASU was shittier than usual. That was it.

The good teams in conference were Utah, SC, WAzzu, Stanford, and Colorado. 3 of those games on the road including the one at Oregon. Lost only 1 of those by 13 and absolutely rolled everyone else except Utah.

If the conference was historically bad that year than Oregon wins 2-3 more games just with the residual talent from 2014.

Oregon best player on offense in 2016 was a true freshman QB or a WR that finished at Utah and their best player on defense was a true freshman LB. Freeman was mailing it in that year like he did last year when Herbie went down.

Congrats on losing to SC and winning the conference and I'm glad we live in a world right now where that is possible, but trying to rewrite Oregon history for your Doog insecurities just isn't working.
    Congrats on shaking and vomiting over some friendly off-season banter.
    haie said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

UCLA was UCLA.
    Stanford was awful.
    OS was under Riley.
    UA was UA.
    UW was UW.
    Wazzu was Wazzu.

You're shit poasting again.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

UCLA was UCLA.
    Stanford was awful.
    OS was under Riley.
    UA was UA.
    UW was UW.
    Wazzu was Wazzu.

Like "Oregon wins it all...Ohio State is really good," type of shit poasting?

Or the "I went fishing during the 38-3 game," kind?

• LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,477 Founders Club

The conference 10 years ago was infinitely better because USC was fresh off some natties and the SEC hadn't butt fucked everyone for 10+ years.

The nation actually respected West Coast football and now no one gives a shit

And rightfully so.

Beat Auburn.
  • AUBURNTROJANAUBURNTROJAN Member Posts: 192

Let me give you outsiders the HCH formula: Washington Good = Conference is Good. USC Good = Conference is Good. Washington and USC Good = Conference is Apex. Oregon Good = Conference Bad.

It's really that simple. The doogs will pull hamstrings rationalizing this formula through the ages.

You're welcome.

I

respect the formula
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,584 Standard Supporter
    edited July 2018

Cuogs have taken a step back.

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,579
    One of the best things about HH is the bonding that takes place between Ducks and Dawgs over their Mosster trolling.
    haie said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

UCLA was UCLA.
    Stanford was awful.
    OS was under Riley.
    UA was UA.
    UW was UW.
    Wazzu was Wazzu.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

One of the best things about HH is the bonding that takes place between Ducks and Dawgs over their Mosster trolling.

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

UCLA was UCLA.
    Stanford was awful.
    OS was under Riley.
    UA was UA.
    UW was UW.
    Wazzu was Wazzu.

ntxduck said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

UCLA was UCLA.
    Stanford was awful.
    OS was under Riley.
    UA was UA.
    UW was UW.
    Wazzu was Wazzu.

It gets heavy carrying this POS sometimes, but come time for the Auburn game it will all be worth it.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    edited July 2018
    When is somebody going to post something, anything worth Pup's attention? This place used to kick ass, what happened? I blame the teens-20-somethings who took over and ruined the joint. See yous in december

"Whats the 1st play gonna be vs Auburn"? Who starts a thread with that shit? Been done to the point of puking so many times before over the years. Try something original for fucks sake

Dawgman guys lay that lame shit down every year. Arent there any old-school guys left around here to show these buttfuckered youngsters what to post?
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    What does he still see in Browning is what you all should be asking yourselves, instead of masturbating to fantasies about having a top 5 coach.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    It's official, we're beating Auburn.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853

When is somebody going to post something, anything worth Pup's attention? This place used to kick ass, what happened? I blame the teens-20-somethings who took over and ruined the joint. See yous in december

"Whats the 1st play gonna be vs Auburn"? Who starts a thread with that shit? Been done to the point of puking so many times before over the years. Try something original for fucks sake

Dawgman guys lay that lame shit down every year. Arent there any old-school guys left around here to show these buttfuckered youngsters what to post?

Hey cunt.

You don't know shit.

Post more.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,726 Founders Club

If u werent suckling one of your daddy's teats in '08 you wouldnt have to ask. Is any fucking limp wristy here over 18? Stones, i thought you were at least 30. Ill pop back in on LOI day in December to bring some perspective to the bored. I certainly wont be around for the 'fire Pete' crowd after Auburn pounds rock down our soft dl and slow, white ilb throats. Gonna be ugly.

As i said last 3-4 years. Pete going to pay bigly in 2018 for neglecting dline his 1st 3-4 years. He figured out dline recruiting last year unfortunately he scheduled Auburn at its low on the interior. At least GG came back. He might stop a complete hemorrhage. After Auburn, Zach Moss and Utah gonna run for 275. UW more than likely
    Will have 2 losses early... Browning will play his worst game all year vs (@) Auburn...maybe in his career. What did Peterhead see in browning? Ill never know

August came earlier than expected!
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,962 Founders Club

If u werent suckling one of your daddy's teats in '08 you wouldnt have to ask. Is any fucking limp wristy here over 18? Stones, i thought you were at least 30. Ill pop back in on LOI day in December to bring some perspective to the bored. I certainly wont be around for the 'fire Pete' crowd after Auburn pounds rock down our soft dl and slow, white ilb throats. Gonna be ugly.

As i said last 3-4 years. Pete going to pay bigly in 2018 for neglecting dline his 1st 3-4 years. He figured out dline recruiting last year unfortunately he scheduled Auburn at its low on the interior. At least GG came back. He might stop a complete hemorrhage. After Auburn, Zach Moss and Utah gonna run for 275. UW more than likely
    Will have 2 losses early... Browning will play his worst game all year vs (@) Auburn...maybe in his career. What did Peterhead see in browning? Ill never know

August came earlier than expected!
    Awfully warm for August.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    Fucking lold at Peterhead