Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Washington vs. Nebraska 1992

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

Fuck off Quooks. Husky Stadium is louder and it's not even close. And fuck off 12's with your trendy, poser, Guiness Book gimmickry.

But the new Husky Stadium?

I don't know man.
    I'm not an engineer cuz maff, but I would think New Husky Stadium should have the ability to be just as loud as Old Husky Stadium. The fan base just has to get as jacked up as they used to and who knows if that's even possible? 1992 was peak UW Football when USC didn't just respect us, they knew we were the Alpha. We don't suck anymore but we're nowhere near that level of enthusiasm amongst the faithful.
    God luck getting this generation of students to rival that one.

It will never be the same.
    They aren't on the 50 anyways, but even if they were I think you'd still be right.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

Fuck off Quooks. Husky Stadium is louder and it's not even close. And fuck off 12's with your trendy, poser, Guiness Book gimmickry.

I don't know man.
    I'm not an engineer cuz maff, but I would think New Husky Stadium should have the ability to be just as loud as Old Husky Stadium. The fan base just has to get as jacked up as they used to and who knows if that's even possible? 1992 was peak UW Football when USC didn't just respect us, they knew we were the Alpha. We don't suck anymore but we're nowhere near that level of enthusiasm amongst the faithful.
    God luck getting this generation of students to rival that one.

It will never be the same.
    *Good

You're probably right. Building a culture of winning could help some. But we're living in a different era of football in Seattle.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

PurpleJ said:

I don't know man.
    The old fanbase wererednecks loaded on Coors Original wearing Starter jackets with zero disregard for the blue hairs.

It's no joke we're the SEC of the West. People in the northwest are different. That's why we have the highest attended MLS team, the Seahawks are in, and in my realm the new pro rugby team has insane support, best in the league.

It's a Midwest/Southern area on the west. It's why Oregon ascended to relevancy and Oregon State won the college world series 3x.

It's blue collar as fuck. Seattle is trying it's best to kill off the best part of it.

Get those Starter Jacket wearing assholes back in the stadium and we'll be loud again.
    Zero disregard?
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2018
    Mosster47 said:

I was playing Army at Ft. Campbell Kentucky

I was a little kid because that was a super long time ago.
    No you weren't. Do we need obk to post your fishing pictures again?
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Mosster47 said:

I mean it comes down to the identity crisis that shitty UW marketing has created.

Are we an ivy league Stanford elitist style school that thinks we're better than everyone at "Doing the right thing"?

Are we a USC/ Oregon "win at all costs as we trip over our own dick" school?

I mean we have a serious problem here. An alcoholic salesman like me could clean up the department in a month.

You play to win the game, have the balls to do so.
    That was meant for purplebazes comment, no idea why I responded to yours, 'm wasted.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Mosster47 said:

I mean it comes down to the identity crisis that shitty UW marketing has created.

Are we an ivy league Stanford elitist style school that thinks we're better than everyone at "Doing the right thing"?

I mean we have a serious problem here. An alcoholic salesman like me could clean up the department in a month.

Alcoholic salesmen of the world unite!!
  • SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

@Pitchfork51, true???

• SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

Have we discussed the UWAD's "Leave Your Mark" campaign yet? Goodness. At least the football department hasn't disseminated this stuff (yet).

Swaye's Wigwam
    Squirt said:

Doogles said:

Have we discussed the UWAD's "Leave Your Mark" campaign yet? Goodness. At least the football department hasn't disseminated this stuff (yet).

That's my point. Nobody knows the University of Miami is a white privileged private school.

It's The U. Synonymous with brazen shit talk and gangster rappers. It doesn't pretend to be anything else, you don't come into the OB talking that mess or we'll come down and give you some.

It's why creep is an insufferable cunt.

Know who you are and own it.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Squirt said:

Doogles said:

That's my point. Nobody knows the University of Miami is a white privileged private school.

It's The U. Synonymous with brazen shit talk and gangster rappers. It doesn't pretend to be anything else, you don't come into the OB talking that mess or we'll come down and give you some.

The U ain't that privileged and that insufferable cunt @creepycoug will back me up on this. Fun Fact: WSU has a bigger endowment that Miami. $974 million to $932 million. Granted, WSU has more kidz but Miami is still a pour relatively speaking.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Squirt said:

Doogles said:

The U ain't that privileged and that insufferable cunt @creepycoug will back me up on this. Fun Fact: WSU has a bigger endowment that Miami. $974 million to $932 million. Granted, WSU has more kidz but Miami is still a pour relatively speaking.
    It's still 30k a year to go there if your dick isn't 10 inches and you know how to sack a QB.

Swaye's Wigwam
    I also wonder what the merchandise sales are. Miami is a wardrobe staple.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Squirt said:

Doogles said:

It's still 30k a year to go there if your dick isn't 10 inches and you know how to sack a QB.

One other thing: that bad ass image, at least as it related to the team, was very much earned on the field. Those teams in the 80s were tuff. Nothing better symbolizes who they were than the pre-game coin toss in the OB against #1 OU and the Boz:

"I ain't scared of you bitch." That was their running back. Not a D lineman or LB. Loved those teams. They had zero regard for anybody's traditions or history or sense of royalty. They made their own fortune. A true American success story.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,467
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    This fucking game has to be the most reminisced about game in the history of CFB fanbases.

Maybe Oregon beating UW in '94
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    Standard Supporter
    I wish I had been born earlier, because my earliest memories of us playing Nebraska involved purple helmets and getting plungered. Curse my parents for refraining from sex until marriage.