Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Examining the Over/Under 2018 Win Totals for the Pac-12

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

Here is how the season is going to go;

Auburn power fucks UW, but the Huskies make in interesting once the second unit is in like the Fiesta Bowl last year but no one nationally notices because they turned it off before then. Doogs complain about lack of respect as Pete goes 0-career in statement games at UW but he is elite or something.

Oregon starts out 3-0 with a margin of victory that looks like 95 Nebraska. They beat a not good Stanford team and Cal and the media hypes a 5-0 Oregon vs 4-1 UW at Autzen. The Ducks aren't there yet, lose to UW. The media calls Oregon a paper tiger, which they are, and UW isn't a real contender, which they aren't. They drop in the polls with a win, Doogs unite.

The entire conference spins into a dog-eat-dog shit show that is super entertaining but plays into the hands of the national pundits that the conference is terrible, which it is.

Another 1-8ish type bowl season happens again. Larry Scott is canned, we switch back to an 8 team conference schedule.

we dont deal in hypotheticals
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Mosster47 said:

Auburn power fucks UW, but the Huskies make in interesting once the second unit is in like the Fiesta Bowl last year but no one nationally notices because they turned it off before then. Doogs complain about lack of respect as Pete goes 0-career in statement games at UW but he is elite or something.

Oregon starts out 3-0 with a margin of victory that looks like 95 Nebraska. They beat a not good Stanford team and Cal and the media hypes a 5-0 Oregon vs 4-1 UW at Autzen. The Ducks aren't there yet, lose to UW. The media calls Oregon a paper tiger, which they are, and UW isn't a real contender, which they aren't. They drop in the polls with a win, Doogs unite.

The entire conference spins into a dog-eat-dog shit show that is super entertaining but plays into the hands of the national pundits that the conference is terrible, which it is.

Another 1-8ish type bowl season happens again. Larry Scott is canned, we switch back to an 8 team conference schedule.

This narrative that Pete hasn't won big/statement at UW doesn't make sense to me … what games has he really blown?

He's won a conference title. He's made it to the CFP.

Lose to a reasonably talented USC team at home … I don't consider that blowing it as a statement game. That was more Browning being completely exposed. Losing to Alabama isn't blowing anything either.

Now, if you want to talk about Stanford last year, then perhaps I'm willing to listen to that. Losing to Penn State given what the injury situation looked like on both sides of the ball I'm not entirely sure I care too much about.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2018
    I doog it up for Pete more than 90% of UW fans...but what’s his best win since coming to UW? Granted, the conference sucks so outside of OOC games there aren’t many opportunities. But when he’s really only played a handful of games vs top teams and hasn’t won any of them, that criticism is warranted.
    Tequilla said:

Mosster47 said:

This narrative that Pete hasn't won big/statement at UW doesn't make sense to me … what games has he really blown?

He's won a conference title. He's made it to the CFP.

Lose to a reasonably talented USC team at home … I don't consider that blowing it as a statement game. That was more Browning being completely exposed. Losing to Alabama isn't blowing anything either.

Now, if you want to talk about Stanford last year, then perhaps I'm willing to listen to that. Losing to Penn State given what the injury situation looked like on both sides of the ball I'm not entirely sure I care too much about.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Utah to win the p12 South at +450 is the bet to make. They get USC and Arizona (the only other 2 South teams worth a shit) at home so should have the h2h tiebreaker over both those

but they suck. so theres that
    Is there anyone in the South who doesn't suck? USC is going to be shit this year.
    Not really. We should be a bit better than last year. But mediocre to slightly better yet still mediocre doesnt really move the needle.

It's one of those years that's going to come down to who keeps their QB healthy for the most games and get's some lucky bounces.
    Who knows. But I think ur devils are one Manny Wilkins failed hurdle away from disaster. Don’t twist, that fucker is talented and fun to watch. If You still had Dr Phil as a D coordinator, I’d say your even with SC. But Herm seems like a blitzer and that’s what you didn’t and don’t need.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    salemcoog said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Utah to win the p12 South at +450 is the bet to make. They get USC and Arizona (the only other 2 South teams worth a shit) at home so should have the h2h tiebreaker over both those

but they suck. so theres that
    Is there anyone in the South who doesn't suck? USC is going to be shit this year.
    Not really. We should be a bit better than last year. But mediocre to slightly better yet still mediocre doesnt really move the needle.

It's one of those years that's going to come down to who keeps their QB healthy for the most games and get's some lucky bounces.
    Who knows. But I think ur devils are one Manny Wilkins failed hurdle away from disaster. Don’t twist, that fucker is talented and fun to watch. If You still had Dr Phil as a D coordinator, I’d say your even with SC. But Herm seems like a blitzer and that’s what you didn’t and don’t need.
    Oh we're totally done if he goes down

We run the SDSU defense now which isn't as blitz heavy as what we had before
  • Options
    Stanford 2016 - big win on a national stage where we exposed them big time
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

It was a Friday night game but sure.gif.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

LOL. The Ryan Burns-led Stanford Cardinal, that finished 3rd in the P12 North and squeaked out a Sun Bowl victory over UNC.

Not sure this is the hill you want to die on if that's Pete's flagship win.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

LOL. The Ryan Burns-led Stanford Cardinal, that finished 3rd in the P12 North and squeaked out a Sun Bowl victory over UNC.

Not sure this is the hill you want to die on if that's Pete's flagship win.
    PS WSU's beat down of them in Palo Alto the following week was just as, if not more, impressive.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Kudos to you for trying so hard.
  • Options
    Stanford was a Top 10 team going into the game. Perception wise it was a very good win.

Winning a winner take all Apple Cup on the road matters.

Winning P12 title matters.

I get the point ... and not saying he has necessarily a marquee win yet (perhaps at SC leading to Sark’s bender) ... but saying he is overrated off a small sample size is FS
  • Options
    He's not overrated--he's the best coach in the conference by far. He just hasn't won any big games (albeit with limited opportunities).
    Tequilla said:

Stanford was a Top 10 team going into the game. Perception wise it was a very good win.

I get the point ... and not saying he has necessarily a marquee win yet (perhaps at SC leading to Sark’s bender) ... but saying he is overrated off a small sample size is FS

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

He's not overrated--he's the best coach in the conference by far. He just hasn't won any big games (albeit with limited opportunities).

Tequilla said:

Are we really just going to dismiss the guy with a way better resume? David Shaw is the best coach by far until someone even remotely comes close to catching him.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

Are we really just going to dismiss the guy with a way better resume? David Shaw is the best coach by far until someone even remotely comes close to catching him.
    Lol. Shaw is FS. Took over a 10 win program and let's it slowly slide a little more each year. Cool.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    15-0 and a natty
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Mosster47 said:

ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

Lol. Shaw is FS. Took over a 10 win program and let's it slowly slide a little more each year. Cool.
    Yeah well. Until you losers in the north actually fucking beat them....
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Mosster47 said:

ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

WTactualF are you talking about? Five division titles, one last year over a super Doog Peterman squad and three conference titles in eight years and he is sliding?

I fucking DREAM Mario can get Oregon sliding like that.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

ntxduck said:

Mosster47 said:

ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

WTactualF are you talking about? Five division titles, one last year over a super Doog Peterman squad and three conference titles in eight years and he is sliding?

I fucking DREAM Mario can get Oregon sliding like that.
    I look at trajectory more than anything. It's how you could tell Helfrich was a shit coach early on, despite good results. Helf's first few seasons at Oregon were very comparable to Shaws. He just crashed the ferrari faster. The slide into 8-4, 7-5 annually is coming for Stanford.
  • Options
    Let's talk about trajectory.

Oregon owns us for a decade.

Loses to us with herbert healthy.

Oregon = done.
  • Options

Let's talk about trajectory.

Oregon owns us for a decade.

Loses to us with herbert healthy.

Oregon = done.

UW lost to ASU with best QB ever, that would spell the end for them as well.