Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

For those economics experts out there

13»

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Another reason why tariffs are stupid. They have to do this shit to cover their political asses.

That's the thing. Trump can start this tariff war. But most of the cost is really passed to the people who voted him in.

Also, anyone who posted that the stock market is up now. You totally fucking missed the point. And have zero clue how the stock market works.
    lolwut?

Yes the stock market is up overall. Because there are many influences. My point is, every time a new tariff is announced, the market reacts negatively. And I was asking what people thought that means.
    Tariffs are stupid.

But you’re more stupid with your stock market shit. There are over a 1000 other reasons why the stock market would go down on a particular day.
    Yes and I said as much... Did you read my quote? When the stock market goes down every time Trump announces tariffs.... In a period of increasing corporate profits....
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Baphomet said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Another reason why tariffs are stupid. They have to do this shit to cover their political asses.

That's the thing. Trump can start this tariff war. But most of the cost is really passed to the people who voted him in.

Also, anyone who posted that the stock market is up now. You totally fucking missed the point. And have zero clue how the stock market works.
    lolwut?

I'm sure this was unintentional by why does your chart stop 6 months ago?
    I don't have the skills of the @chartsuperioritydawg so I have to take what I can find online. I checked the DJIA yesterday though and it was at 25300, which is right in line with the depiction, so I said fuck it, close enough.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Stop using the stock market as a political indicator. It’s not.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,253
    Swaye's Wigwam

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

So what you are saying is, the best completed quarter under Trump didn't grow as fast as the 6 best quarters under Obama.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

lolwut?

Yes the stock market is up overall. Because there are many influences. My point is, every time a new tariff is announced, the market reacts negatively. And I was asking what people thought that means.
    It means tariffs are bad. Trump is on record that he doesn’t want tariffs and that he wants open, fair, trade. The problem is our trading partners have imposed tariffs on our goods, for decades, and are used to the status quo. So, he’s imposing commensurate tariffs on them with the end game of eliminaning/reducing tariffs. It’s called a Trade War. Sometimes in war, you have to temporarily sacrifice for the long term goal. He’s covering the farmers losses while this plays out.
    Ty will be successful next year POTD.
    And you didn’t even have to wait a year. You had to wait one whole day.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/25/trump-announces-trade-concessions-from-eu-officials-on-soybeans-energy-tariffs.html